What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Rank these running backs all-time (1 Viewer)

Ghost Rider

Footballguy
This is not meant to be a 'let's rank the greatest RB's ever" thread or anything. I am simply listing eight running backs and asking anyone who wants to to put them in order of how good their NFL careers were/have been up to this point. Thurman ThomasEmmitt SmithBarry SandersJerome BettisMarshall FaulkTerrell DavisCurtis MartinPriest HolmesMy rankings:1. E. Smith2. Sanders3. Faulk4. Thomas5. Martin6. Bettis7. Davis8. Holmes

This is not meant to be a 'let's rank the greatest RB's ever" thread or anything. I am simply listing eight running backs and asking anyone who wants to to put them in order of how good their NFL careers were/have been up to this point.

Thurman Thomas 5

Emmitt Smith 3

Barry Sanders 1

Jerome Bettis sixty-five

Marshall Faulk 2

Terrell Davis 6

Curtis Martin 4

Priest Holmes 7
Without looking at ANY stats.... my rankings are above.

I assume when you say "rank their NFL careers" you mean that we should rank their careers in terms of overall success, vs. best running backs?I would say there's a difference...one that greatly affects where Barry Sanders ends up on my list.

Jerome Bettis sixty-five
:lmao: I have to admit it was not easy putting Bettis ahead of Davis, but T.D.'s career was just too short. Still, he accomplished more in his four plus years (before getting hurt) than most RB's will in their entire careers.

Jerome Bettis sixty-five
:lmao: I have to admit it was not easy putting Bettis ahead of Davis, but T.D.'s career was just too short. Still, he accomplished more in his four plus years (before getting hurt) than most RB's will in their entire careers.
I'm just hatin' on the big fella again. You know how it is. ;)

1 Barry Sanders2 Marshall Faulk3 Emmitt Smith4 Thurman Thomas5 Terrell Davis6 Curtis Martin7 Priest Holmes8 Jerome Bettis

Emmitt Smith2 Marshall Faulk3 Thurman Thomas4 Curtis Martin5 Barry Sanders6 Jerome Bettis7 Terrell Davis8 Priest Holmes

Barry SandersEmmitt SmithMarshall FaulkThurman ThomasTerrell DavisPriest HolmesJerome BettisCurtis Martin

Emmitt SmithBarry SandersMarshall FaulkThurman ThomasCurtis MartinPriest HolmesThe other two don't belong on this list.

Barry SandersEmmitt SmithMarshal FaullkThurman ThomasCurtis MartinTerrell DavisJerome BettisPriest Holmes

1. Barry Sanders2. Emmitt Smith3. Marshall Faulk4. Curtis Martin5. Jerome Bettis6. Thurman Thomas7. Terrell Davis8. Priest Holmes

Barry Sanders (most talented, best runner ever)Emmitt Smith (best system runner ever)Terrell Davis (2nd best system runner ever)Thurman Thomas (invented what Faulk perfected)Marshall Faulk (underrated to me)Curtis Martin (outstanding consistency)Jerome Bettis (overrated to me)Priest Holmes (good but not great)

Thurman Thomas (invented what Faulk perfected)
:no: Roger Craig was doing it before Thomas hit the scene.

1. Emmitt Smith

2. Barry Sanders

3. Marshall Faulk

4. Thurman Thomas

5. Terrell Davis

6. Curtis Martin

7. Priest Holmes

8. Jerome Bettis

Thurman Thomas  (invented what Faulk perfected)
:no: Roger Craig was doing it before Thomas hit the scene.

1. Emmitt Smith

2. Barry Sanders

3. Marshall Faulk

4. Thurman Thomas

5. Terrell Davis

6. Curtis Martin

7. Priest Holmes

8. Jerome Bettis
Tony Galbreath was doing it before Craig. Did I just say that? Anyway I'd take Thomas over Craig any day.

This is not meant to be a 'let's rank the greatest RB's ever" thread or anything. I am simply listing eight running backs and asking anyone who wants to to put them in order of how good their NFL careers were/have been up to this point.

5 Thurman Thomas

1 Emmitt Smith

2 Barry Sanders

8 Jerome Bettis

4 Marshall Faulk

6 Terrell Davis

3 Curtis Martin

7 Priest Holmes

1. Barry Sanders - Best running back ever, IMO (# 2 - Jim Brown, # 3 Gale Sayer). We will never see another one like him.2. Emmit Smith - Nothing flashy, great north south runner with a nose for the end zone.3. Marshall Faulk: Best receiving back of all time.4. Jerome Bettis: 2nd best big back in history of NFL (#1 Earl Campbell)5. Thurman Thomas: Very versatile.6. Priest Holmes: Too bad he wasn't given the full time gig in Baltimore. 7. Curtis Martin: The Don Sutton of running backs. Longevity and thats about it.8. Terrel Davis: Doesn't really belong on this list. Makes me wonder what could have been though.

Users who are viewing this thread