What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Rankings (1 Viewer)

Anthony Borbely

Footballguy
Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks AB! Datone Jones doesn't make the list?
Jones was in the discussion and is in the last tier in my rankings, but didn't quite make it. I generally do not rank many rookie 3-4 defensive ends in my initial rankings in any given year because there are very few that post consistently strong numbers. That can change though once I see him play in preseason and see how his inside pass rushing translates to the pro game.

TY Anthony.

FTR, the LBs has a drop down for OLB and ILB... but it doesn't actually work. Or they simply aren't labeled as they should be.

I know you havent done LBs yet, but maybe its something you could get fixed since you're working on 'em.

TY Anthony.

FTR, the LBs has a drop down for OLB and ILB... but it doesn't actually work. Or they simply aren't labeled as they should be.

I know you havent done LBs yet, but maybe its something you could get fixed since you're working on 'em.
I told Keith about it. That is one of the issues with the new site design.

Also, please be patient with respect to the rankings of some of the staffers. We just changed a number of player positions (i.e. Ware to DE, Suggs to OLB, etc.) and some of the rankings haven't been updated since they were changed.

If anyone seems out of place or perhaps missing, feel free to comment. Also, the DBs are like they always are: opinions all over the board, even near the top of the rankings.

Comments always welcome. :thumbup:

Appreciate it Anthony!I saw Akeem Dent didn't make the cut for LB'er rankings, if you have the time I'm curious what your outlook on Dent and his situation in ATL?

Appreciate it Anthony!I saw Akeem Dent didn't make the cut for LB'er rankings, if you have the time I'm curious what your outlook on Dent and his situation in ATL?
The main reasons are that Dent is a 2-down linebacker and offers no big play ability at all. That is the reason Dent has never been close to being in the top 60 LBs.

Excellent, thanks Anthony.

One thing jumps out at me in the LB Rankings: LB Derrick Johnson. He seems much lower than Jene's overall Dynasty LB rankings that he posted last month. He had Johnson as one of only 4 uber-elite LBs in the top tier.

Any commentary on why Johnson is at the bottom of the Top 10 or 12 LBs for dynasty purposes on this list? I would assume age plays a part in it, but I'm certain Jene also considered age when he included Johnson in the Top 4.

So what's up with Ninkovich? I see you're the only one that even has him rated on the DL sheet. Oversight, or have I missed something this offseason?

Excellent, thanks Anthony.

One thing jumps out at me in the LB Rankings: LB Derrick Johnson. He seems much lower than Jene's overall Dynasty LB rankings that he posted last month. He had Johnson as one of only 4 uber-elite LBs in the top tier.

Any commentary on why Johnson is at the bottom of the Top 10 or 12 LBs for dynasty purposes on this list? I would assume age plays a part in it, but I'm certain Jene also considered age when he included Johnson in the Top 4.
There is not much difference in mine from about 4 to 11 and Johnson is in that tier in my rankings.

I'm going to try and write something in the next 2-3 weeks that break mine into tiers. It's not always easy to see with just a numeric list.

So what's up with Ninkovich? I see you're the only one that even has him rated on the DL sheet. Oversight, or have I missed something this offseason?
Ninkovich was listed as a LB until yesterday I believe, so anyone that ranked before he was changed will not have him ranked. Similar for some other players that were just changed. He should be ranked by others once they update their rankings.

For some reason John Norton hasn't ranked Arthur Brown i who would otherwise probably have ranked #1on the rookie IDP list. Any insight into this anomaly?

Thanks!

For some reason John Norton hasn't ranked Arthur Brown i who would otherwise probably have ranked #1on the rookie IDP list. Any insight into this anomaly?

Thanks!
There were some players entered into the system twice, which is why there are blank spaces by some of the players that are ranked. John obviously has him ranked but he probably picked the duplicate player entry. I emailed him so they should be fixed when h has a chance. Thanks for pointing it out.

Thanks!
There were some players entered into the system twice, which is why there are blank spaces by some of the players that are ranked. John obviously has him ranked but he probably picked the duplicate player entry. I emailed him so they should be fixed when h has a chance. Thanks for pointing it out.
Update: John fixed his rankings.

Anthony with D. Washington's 4 game suspension and his recent arrest for his domestic incident. Don't you think he deserves to be knocked out of the top 10?

Anthony with D. Washington's 4 game suspension and his recent arrest for his domestic incident. Don't you think he deserves to be knocked out of the top 10?
I will be moving him down in my redraft rankings when I update next, which should be in a couple of days. I'm not sure how far though because it's hard to say if the league will suspend him before he goes to court and that is unknown right now. We went through this last year with Marshawn Lynch and nothing happened to him. I want to get more information before I do anything drastic but he will be dropped into the teens pending more information.

Yeah I think your right on that Anthony,

Definitely a high risk / reward player.

For me, while he hasn't been proven guilty in a court of law (though it's interesting the cops had a hard time finding him and it was his ex-girlfriend who he had a kid with), I probably pass altogether because I would hate to route for a guy who might have done such a thing. Hopefully he's not, and if so, maybe he can turn his life around.

Users who are viewing this thread