What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Rate my IDP lineup (1 Viewer)

Zyphros

Footballguy
Start 

2 DE:  Myles Garrett, Breeland Speaks, Chase Winovich

1 DT: Larry Ogunjobi, Javon Hargrave

5 LB: Fred Warner, Jaylon Smith, Chandler Jones, Zach Brown, Jerome Baker, Lorenzo Alexander

2 CB:  Jaire Alexander, Kendall Fuller, Kareem Jackson, Terrance Mitchell

2 S:  Landon Collins, Jordan Poyer

Not a clue as to if this is standard or not, but the really good IDP players generally score near guys you'd rely on as WR3's or so.

Scoring is:    

Tackles are 1 point

1.5 point per .5 sack

1 point per .5 tackle for loss

Safeties are 4 points

Defensive TD's are 6 points

Fumble recovered is 1 point

Forced fumbles are 2 points

INT's are 3 points

Defended passes are 2 points

Start 

2 DE:  Myles Garrett, Breeland Speaks, Chase Winovich

1 DT: Larry Ogunjobi, Javon Hargrave

5 LB: Fred Warner, Jaylon Smith, Chandler Jones, Zach Brown, Jerome Baker, Lorenzo Alexander

2 CB:  Jaire Alexander, Kendall Fuller, Kareem Jackson, Terrance Mitchell

2 S:  Landon Collins, Jordan Poyer

Not a clue as to if this is standard or not, but the really good IDP players generally score near guys you'd rely on as WR3's or so.
One fun part of IDP is there isn’t really a “standard” scoring.  I’d rate this is somewhere on the boundary between balanced and tackle-heavy (as oppose to big-play, which this is not).

In this scoring system, I’d focus on reliable tackle-producers and prioritize LB and SS over DL, aside from the handful of truly elite DL who will go early. Corners can almost always be punted to the end unless pass-defensed is a premium scoring category.  In this case, with 2 pts per, it is, so getting some target-heavy QBs is a good idea.

At DL, Garrett counts as a fringe-elite in this format, while the rest are either pluggers or speculative.  It’s not bad in this format where average DL are giving you TE2 output each week.

LB...I like Jayon a lot.  I loved Warner last year but am worried Kwon eats into his numbers a lot.  Chandler is aging but dependable.  Baker is promising in a defense likely to see lots of tackle opportunity.  Alexander is probably waiver fodder, and I’d be looking to upgrade here.  Adding a real tackle magnet, or better yet and do-it-all guy, would really strengthen this unit and let the other guys become better values for being a notch down the depth chart.  (Love Warner as an LB3...only ok with him as an lb2 for instance.)

I think the CB group is strong and deep.  Plenty of value here.  Jaire is one of my favorites and Kareem is undervalued imo.

At safety, Collins should be strong, as should Poyer.  No depth here but DBs are often plug-and-play from the wire, so no real problem going into the season with only two strong starters.

I give this about a 7/10.  There are no obvious holes in the lineup, but no real elite units either.  Your IDP will hold their own, so a good offense makes you a title contender.

Much appreciated @Arodin.  I feel like a fish out of water when it comes to IDP, just not interested in learning a whole lot on that front along with values since I only have 1 league with it.  Just too much for my brain to handle.  I got the offense on lock when it comes to fantasy I feel so the IDP side needs some work.  Definitely have a good offense with this team (last years champion) I'm a little more focused on the defensive side right now to overhaul it.  Just need some help in doing that.  

I grabbed Onwuasor in place of Lorenzo at LB.  I'll probably grab someone else once I see week 1 though.  

Much appreciated @Arodin.  I feel like a fish out of water when it comes to IDP, just not interested in learning a whole lot on that front along with values since I only have 1 league with it.  Just too much for my brain to handle.  I got the offense on lock when it comes to fantasy I feel so the IDP side needs some work.  Definitely have a good offense with this team (last years champion) I'm a little more focused on the defensive side right now to overhaul it.  Just need some help in doing that.  

I grabbed Onwuasor in place of Lorenzo at LB.  I'll probably grab someone else once I see week 1 though.  
If the rest of the league is similarly unfamiliar with IDP you may be able to take advantage of that and trade some offensive depth for a real IDP stud.  See if you can swap a bench or flex WR for someone like Corey Littleton or Blake Martinez who should put up crazy tackle numbers but won’t have the name recognition to command a high price.

Onwuasor might be a monster in Baltimore this year. You may of found a great tackle producer right there. He’s one I’m targeting in my league. Congrats!!

Zyphros said:

This is why you need to spend time on IDP.  The majority of fantasy players all have a good handle on offense (if they are going IDP) so diving full into IDP can give you the advantage.  I have found in my IDP leagues it is won and lost by the IDP side.  Most teams are fairly equal in offense (info is easy to get) but the guys that research value on defense end up with a huge advantage.  Put in the time.  It is worth it.

This is why you need to spend time on IDP.  The majority of fantasy players all have a good handle on offense (if they are going IDP) so diving full into IDP can give you the advantage.  I have found in my IDP leagues it is won and lost by the IDP side.  Most teams are fairly equal in offense (info is easy to get) but the guys that research value on defense end up with a huge advantage.  Put in the time.  It is worth it.
I know I don't enjoy it, so I won't put that time in to learn it.  It's ever changing (even more so than the offensive side), so I'm not on board.  I honestly don't like playing IDP, but it's an easy league with some good guys I enjoy playing with.  Doesn't hurt that I've won 1 year in the 3 I've been in it (broke even the other 2), and look poised to repeat this year.  

Users who are viewing this thread