What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Rate my team (1 Viewer)

ocainer

Footballguy
Hello all, new to the community and football guys.  Below is my roster

Used the draft app in 12 team .5 ppr league with a flex TE/WR/RB

QB Roethlisberger 

QB P. Mahomes

RB E.Elliott

RB L. Miller

RB I. Crowell

WR D. Adams

WR M. Thomas

WR B. Cooks

WR M. Crabtree

WR S. Shepard

WR K. Golladay

TE J. Doyle

D Broncos

K S. Janikowsi

Let me know what you think.  l may have some trade value with all the WR.  Additionally, Big Ben scares me.  After having him on my roster last year, I said I would never do it again. But, unfortunately he was the best available at the time I chose to draft a QB.  Many went early this year and I just could not justify it, but I may pay for that decision.  

How much trust to you place in the matchup section, trade sections, 10 sec primer, and etc? Just learning the stuff that is provided with a subscription and was wondering how much I can lean on it. 

Hello all, new to the community and football guys.  Below is my roster

Used the draft app in 12 team .5 ppr league with a flex TE/WR/RB

QB Roethlisberger 

QB P. Mahomes

RB E.Elliott

RB L. Miller

RB I. Crowell

WR D. Adams

WR M. Thomas

WR B. Cooks

WR M. Crabtree

WR S. Shepard

WR K. Golladay

TE J. Doyle

D Broncos

K S. Janikowsi

Let me know what you think.  l may have some trade value with all the WR.  Additionally, Big Ben scares me.  After having him on my roster last year, I said I would never do it again. But, unfortunately he was the best available at the time I chose to draft a QB.  Many went early this year and I just could not justify it, but I may pay for that decision.  

How much trust to you place in the matchup section, trade sections, 10 sec primer, and etc? Just learning the stuff that is provided with a subscription and was wondering how much I can lean on it. 
On the team, you are pretty thin at RB.  I can't tell from your post... how many RB/WR/TE do you start in addition tot he flex?  If you must start 2 RB, you will want to make a WR for RB trade.  

Strong stable of WR.  A big three of Adams Thomas and Cooks are probable the equal of any team in the league.  Crabtree is a great 1st guy off the bench, and Golladay has a lot of love as a lottery ticket.  I think I would have preferred a 4th RB to a 5th WR though.

You are one deep at TE, K, & DEF... how does your league handle Byes?  Will you need to drop a player from your roster to fill in those positions during bye weeks?

There is a lot of info out there to help you make decisions.  Personally, I trust all of them, and yet none of them.  Everybody is right 45-60 percent of the time on their borderline calls.  (e.g. starting Zeke over Crowell is no where close to borderline, but choosing Cooks versus the Raiders or Crabtree vs the Bills week one could go either way)  Rather than find that one piece of perfect advice, I like to look at multiple sources and find consensus.  If 8 of 10 would start Cooks over Crabtree, I will probably starts Cooks.  

That said, you will probably find one or two authors that seem to be right more often than others and you may find yourself following them more often.  For me that has been John Hansen for Fantasy Guru and Sig Bloom from here. (However, what I find they are better at is identifying talent, so I use them to help plan for my draft, trades, and waiver wire adds ... I have not found them to be any better than others at picking optimal lineups.) 

One rule on lineups that I do follow is that I never sit my studs unless they are injured or on a bye.  For you that's Zeke, Thomas and Adams.  You ignore matchups when you put them in the lineup.  I don't care if the entire secondary of the opposing team missed the flight to the game, I would not bench Adams or Thomas for a shepherd or a Golladay.

Users who are viewing this thread