What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Really guys? (1 Viewer)

eoMMan said:
Thats what people are saying, and Im still dubious they are actually doing it. Multiple screen grabs of a person with 2 entries in single entry GPPs is concerning though. Frankly its fraud on Fanduels part regardless of whether its a computer error or not. If Fanduel is offering a tournament they have a legal obligation to honor the terms of their own contest rules
Link?

You've seen screenshots of live single entry GPP with users having multiple entries?
Post #27 above. FD gave anyone who was entered a $100 contest entry if they wanted it.
Oh, yeah, that's pretty shady.
No it's not

Some data entry person types up contests and made an oops. It was brought to their attention and they gave everyone 100 beans PLUS paid out the contest.

Since when are data entry jobs managerial?

Do you think the FanDuel CEO is setting up contests, typing them in?

Ridiculous line of thought here

What is this?
I beat my neighbors and cousins in FF I'm awesome!

I was 13-1 in my work league. I'm the best!

Oh geesh I stink, reality hurts, fanduel must be cheating?

Man up, you lost

eoMMan said:
Thats what people are saying, and Im still dubious they are actually doing it. Multiple screen grabs of a person with 2 entries in single entry GPPs is concerning though. Frankly its fraud on Fanduels part regardless of whether its a computer error or not. If Fanduel is offering a tournament they have a legal obligation to honor the terms of their own contest rules
Link?

You've seen screenshots of live single entry GPP with users having multiple entries?
Post #27 above. FD gave anyone who was entered a $100 contest entry if they wanted it.
No it's not

Some data entry person types up contests and made an oops. It was brought to their attention and they gave everyone 100 beans PLUS paid out the contest.

A company is liable for the mistakes of its employees. And reimbursing people who ask for it, after the contest has started, for a contest they knew to be compromised and allowed additional people to enter anyway absolutely does not relieve them of liability. You are committing fraud regardless of whether or not the person you are defrauding is aware of the act. It may seems irrelevant to you, and personally I wouldnt care all that much myself, the contest still paid out which is what the majority of people care about, but if they are altering the terms of a contest and not notifying the participants it is a huge deal.

eoMMan said:
Link?

No it's not

A company is liable for the mistakes of its employees. And reimbursing people who ask for it, after the contest has started, for a contest they knew to be compromised and allowed additional people to enter anyway absolutely does not relieve them of liability. You are committing fraud regardless of whether or not the person you are defrauding is aware of the act. It may seems irrelevant to you, and personally I wouldnt care all that much myself, the contest still paid out which is what the majority of people care about, but if they are altering the terms of a contest and not notifying the participants it is a huge deal.
They became aware and gave out $100 for a $2 contest. Most businesses would just offer a refund of the $2. They gave 98 more.

How are they not making amends there? Bring up liability as if they didn't take responsibility for the oops-they paid out thousands of dollars due to the oops.

Fraud? Oh so the data entry clerk made the mistake on purpose?

How do you not see that somebody made a mistake and instead think this deserves 'to be made a federal case' out of?

People like you are the reason I have to wait on line for a half hour, then get the stink eye, then sign some stupid paper, just to return a crap item at Walmart.

5000% more than what I paid is not enough! I want their heads on a platter!

All this whining about multi-entry...did you notice all the winners were individual lineups? Ummm yeah if ever there was a bunch of sore losers....

Completely totally missed that this business values it's customers and didn't want to see them upset so they threw extra $ at them to make them happy. How much more unappreciative could you be?

Go return a two dollar item at Target tomorrow and demand $100 back. Let me know how that goes

No. Take a moment, breathe, and think rationally.

Based on the information we have they refunded $100 for the Cover 2 contest, a $100 entry contest. And not to everyone in the contest, only to the people that were aware there was an issue and knew to ask for one. Did the multi entries actually effect the other people in the contest? Probably not, but that is entirely irrelevant.

At this point we dont know if this is an issue that extended beyond these two contests. We dont know why the situation occurred. We dont know if they were aware of it beforehand. We dont know how they handled the situation either before or afterwards, other than from secondhand stories. And we dont know alot of other things about the contests. We are talking about alot of hypotheticals. But, if the images dont concern you then you are really not grasping the issue.

If I, or any other person, chooses to enter a specific contest, and pay Fanduel a percentage of the entry to host it, and then Fanduel enters me into an entirely different contest without notifying me, then yes, they have defrauded me. Fanduel knows this, over the last week there have been notices at the top of every page saying players from the Michigan/Maryland college football game were removed from a slate and would not score points if already rostered. I do not remember seeing any such notices for either of the contests in question.

eoMMan said:
Link?

No it's not

It's all about integrity, bro. Maybe they should have a mangaerial position OVERLOOKING the work done by the data entry people you are referring to if they will be making these sorts of mistakes. I do commend them for giving credits but that's not really the point. It shouldn't be on the player to go look through their tournament to see if anyone is cheating or the tournament was "mislabeled".

In the business they are in, I think clarity and fair play should be one of their top priorities.

Based on the information we have they refunded $100 for the Cover 2 contest, a $100 entry contest. And not to everyone in the contest, only to the people that were aware there was an issue and knew to ask for one. Did the multi entries actually effect the other people in the contest? Probably not, but that is entirely irrelevant.

At this point we dont know if this is an issue that extended beyond these two contests. We dont know why the situation occurred. We dont know if they were aware of it beforehand. We dont know how they handled the situation either before or afterwards, other than from secondhand stories. And we dont know alot of other things about the contests. We are talking about alot of hypotheticals. But, if the images dont concern you then you are really not grasping the issue.

If I, or any other person, chooses to enter a specific contest, and pay Fanduel a percentage of the entry to host it, and then Fanduel enters me into an entirely different contest without notifying me, then yes, they have defrauded me. Fanduel knows this, over the last week there have been notices at the top of every page saying players from the Michigan/Maryland college football game were removed from a slate and would not score points if already rostered. I do not remember seeing any such notices for either of the contests in question.
Bolded is inaccurate. Based on the information we have, everyone got the $100 entry contest:

"All users in the contest have been emailed and given the option to join a free $100 contest."

Regardless, I just don't see the great conspiracy here. More importantly, I don't understand the gleefulness some of you seem to take in the fact that FD messed-up a contest or the hyperbole-filled fury emanating as a result. It's like some of you have massive put positions in FD and you really need a conspiracy to drive the price down before your strike date.

Some low-level employee hit the "single" toggle instead of the "multi" toggle. Should internal controls have caught it? Sure, but they didn't. That's not evidence of some grand conspiracy or that FD is entering dummy spots in its own contests. At most it shows a flaw in the controls that is almost certainly due to human error by a sub-$10 an hour employee or 2.

I started reading the Week 3 Fanduel Million recap last night and thought something seemed a little odd...so I went back and checked the previous weeks' recaps and wow. Not even trying. FBG and the DFS industry in general must have a really low opinion of the intelligence of its users. I've spent the last several weeks trying to convince my programmer, math-infested mind that Fanduel is not as full of cheating bots as it appears to be, but this just takes the cake. Just take a look at these paragraphs from the recaps from Weeks 3, 2 and 1...

With a contest that has 229,885 entries it is hard to believe that cookies248's team could win by 6.48 points over 2nd place haskele. That is a very impressive feat in such a big entry GPP. To do that cookies248 had to really have a unique lineup with some highly under owned players in it. Let's take a look at his lineup and what percentage made up his team.
With a contest that has 215,385 entries it is hard to believe that jeremiah1974db's team could win by 8.60 points over 2nd place quinny418. That is a very impressive feat in such a big entry GPP. To do that jeremiah1974db had to really have a unique lineup with some highly under owned players in it. Let's take a look at his lineup and what percentage made up his team.
With a contest that has 168,162 entries it is hard to believe that jeremybronson's team could win by 12.22 points over 2nd place jeepers77. That is a very impressive feat in such a big entry GPP. To do that jeremybronson had to really have a unique lineup with some highly under owned players in it. Let's take a look at his lineup and what percentage made up his team.
Yeah, it's "hard to believe" because it's statistically impossible that these big win margins would happen on a regular basis, but apparently FBG (or perhaps the representative from their premium advertising partner Fanduel sending them this copy?) is so convinced it will always happen this way that they are just copying and pasting the same analysis every week and not even bothering to remark upon this odd impossible coincidence. This is not the result of a real human picking a lineup they think will win the contest. In a contest with hundreds of thousands of entries with most users likely to pick similar cores of players even while diversifying at other positions, you would almost always see a very low margin of victory, which you see for yourself even in smaller contests. If these were real human winners we would see margins of victory < 1 point on a regular basis, like we see separating positions 3 and lower every week. But somehow there is always 1 boringly-named user who magically manages to pull far, far ahead with a lineup no one in their right mind would put money on unless they were so rich they could afford to diversify through hundreds of different rosters...

or unless they were using house your money to fund the entry. There is literally nothing stopping Fanduel from creating thousands and thousands of bot users for big GPPs and having them set lineups on Monday night to pick the best, least-owned players from Sunday plus a wide array of potential stars from the Monday night game. Literally nothing. No one is checking 229,885 rosters to make sure they don't change after Sunday. No one possibly could.
thought of this post when I was looking through some of my 50/50's from the MNF/TNF games.

this guy scored a 9.3 and the second lowest was 79.86

Ben was ruled out of this game no idea why someone would select this lineup and pay money

retsel8978

Roethlistburger 0

K Juszczyk 0.8

J Kuhn 0

M Campanaro 9.5

J Janies 0

D Nelson 0

B Parker 0

C Santos 2

Chiefs -3

I started reading the Week 3 Fanduel Million recap last night and thought something seemed a little odd...so I went back and checked the previous weeks' recaps and wow. Not even trying. FBG and the DFS industry in general must have a really low opinion of the intelligence of its users. I've spent the last several weeks trying to convince my programmer, math-infested mind that Fanduel is not as full of cheating bots as it appears to be, but this just takes the cake. Just take a look at these paragraphs from the recaps from Weeks 3, 2 and 1...

With a contest that has 229,885 entries it is hard to believe that cookies248's team could win by 6.48 points over 2nd place haskele. That is a very impressive feat in such a big entry GPP. To do that cookies248 had to really have a unique lineup with some highly under owned players in it. Let's take a look at his lineup and what percentage made up his team.
With a contest that has 215,385 entries it is hard to believe that jeremiah1974db's team could win by 8.60 points over 2nd place quinny418. That is a very impressive feat in such a big entry GPP. To do that jeremiah1974db had to really have a unique lineup with some highly under owned players in it. Let's take a look at his lineup and what percentage made up his team.
With a contest that has 168,162 entries it is hard to believe that jeremybronson's team could win by 12.22 points over 2nd place jeepers77. That is a very impressive feat in such a big entry GPP. To do that jeremybronson had to really have a unique lineup with some highly under owned players in it. Let's take a look at his lineup and what percentage made up his team.
Yeah, it's "hard to believe" because it's statistically impossible that these big win margins would happen on a regular basis, but apparently FBG (or perhaps the representative from their premium advertising partner Fanduel sending them this copy?) is so convinced it will always happen this way that they are just copying and pasting the same analysis every week and not even bothering to remark upon this odd impossible coincidence. This is not the result of a real human picking a lineup they think will win the contest. In a contest with hundreds of thousands of entries with most users likely to pick similar cores of players even while diversifying at other positions, you would almost always see a very low margin of victory, which you see for yourself even in smaller contests. If these were real human winners we would see margins of victory < 1 point on a regular basis, like we see separating positions 3 and lower every week. But somehow there is always 1 boringly-named user who magically manages to pull far, far ahead with a lineup no one in their right mind would put money on unless they were so rich they could afford to diversify through hundreds of different rosters...

or unless they were using house your money to fund the entry. There is literally nothing stopping Fanduel from creating thousands and thousands of bot users for big GPPs and having them set lineups on Monday night to pick the best, least-owned players from Sunday plus a wide array of potential stars from the Monday night game. Literally nothing. No one is checking 229,885 rosters to make sure they don't change after Sunday. No one possibly could.
thought of this post when I was looking through some of my 50/50's from the MNF/TNF games.

this guy scored a 9.3 and the second lowest was 79.86

Ben was ruled out of this game no idea why someone would select this lineup and pay money

retsel8978

Roethlistburger 0

K Juszczyk 0.8

J Kuhn 0

M Campanaro 9.5

J Janies 0

D Nelson 0

B Parker 0

C Santos 2

Chiefs -3
That's a dummy lineup that guy used to hold a spot in a contest he wanted to play but didn't have a lineup for yet.

Bolded is inaccurate. Based on the information we have, everyone got the $100 entry contest:

"All users in the contest have been emailed and given the option to join a free $100 contest."

Regardless, I just don't see the great conspiracy here. More importantly, I don't understand the gleefulness some of you seem to take in the fact that FD messed-up a contest or the hyperbole-filled fury emanating as a result. It's like some of you have massive put positions in FD and you really need a conspiracy to drive the price down before your strike date.

Some low-level employee hit the "single" toggle instead of the "multi" toggle. Should internal controls have caught it? Sure, but they didn't. That's not evidence of some grand conspiracy or that FD is entering dummy spots in its own contests. At most it shows a flaw in the controls that is almost certainly due to human error by a sub-$10 an hour employee or 2.
If its the case that they emailed all effected users that is very reassuring. Thats the response they should have taken, but it still could cost them $50,000.

I am going to assume you werent playing online poker. Some the sites were run like ponzi schemes and all sorts of other shady activities. Then when the sites were shut down some users waited years for payment. As far as we know DFS isnt doing anything like that. They get the benefit of the doubt from me, up to the point where there is evidence they shouldnt. And Im going to be looking for that evidence, hope I dont find it, but you better believe there are members of congress looking at the same things we are.

Yeah, there is nothing more infuriating than when a conspiracy theory nut stumbles onto an actual story, but this couldnt *look* much worse.

Users who are viewing this thread