What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

[REDRAFT] 2006 DB #1 (1 Viewer)

2006 redraft DB #1

• Troy Polamalu

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ed Reed

• Gibril Wilson

• Roy Williams

• Charles Tillman

• Adrian Wilson

• Bob Sanders

• Brian Dawkins

• Mike Brown

• Michael Lewis

• Sean Taylor

• Terrence McGee

• Other

• Total voters

Red Herring

Footballguy
Please post your reasons for your pick, especially if you pick other! Tick, we'll use your scoring example -- .5 points per half-tackle, 3 points per sack / INT / FF / FR -- unless you're not cool with it and I'll come up with something. If you vote other and leave a name, we'll add him to the waiting list; feel free to nominate others for the list as well.

We'll let this run for 3 days, or until we get a clear winner. Any suggestions, I'm all ears!

edit: I went with Gibril; Troy and Reed were high considerations, but both seem to be 1. in defenses and 2. have good teamates that will cut into their stats.

Final edit: Troy Polamalu is the Winner! Stay tuned for Poll #2

Last edited by a moderator:
Adrian Wilson is my choice. Yes Polamalu is the big name with the flashier team. But that won't fool me. In 2005 A Wilson got more tackles, sacks, FFs, passes defended, etc.. Polamalu beat Wilson by one INT only but INTs are unstable year to year. I don't have any reason to think Polamalu will improve so much in 2006 or Wilson will slow down significantly in 2006 to rank Polamalu ahead. Wilson is the safer pick. I really like the stability and reliability of tackles and it's Wilson hands down over Polamalu.

Interesting that Rodney Harrison isn't even an option.
If you want to vote for him, then select other and post that it was him. I'll consider this a nomination for the next list unless he wins this round. BTW, I was going with 12 guys on a list, and if this was 2005, he'd be on there, but now he's coming off a serious injury and isn't getting any younger.

If you want to vote for him, then select other and post that it was him. I'll consider this a nomination for the next list unless he wins this round. BTW, I was going with 12 guys on a list, and if this was 2005, he'd be on there, but now he's coming off a serious injury and isn't getting any younger.
I honestly don't care. I just hope it goes this way when I participate in re-draft leagues. Although his production was slightly down prior to his injury, his work ethic has me believing he will be ready to roll come opening season.

I honestly don't care. I just hope it goes this way when I participate in re-draft leagues. Although his production was slightly down prior to his injury, his work ethic has me believing he will be ready to roll come opening season.
Harrison got voted in at #26 in the dynasty consensus rankings. People were/are scared off by his combination of serious injury and age, and rightly so, IMO.In any draft, it really looks like he can be had late (as a backup). His upside makes him worth a little risk, but I would be uncomfortable going into the season with him as my #1.

Absolutely understand his value in a dynasty ranking. I wouldn't even rank him as my #1 in re-draft. My point was out of all of these DBs, I certainly would have him ranked higher (in re-draft leagues) than most of these guys.

The injury perspective I can understand but all indications are that Harrison is ready to roll.

Users who are viewing this thread