What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Redraft, pick 1.01 - who ya got? (2 Viewers)

1.01 - Who ya got?

• CMC

Votes: 36 76.6%
  • Cook

Votes: 7 14.9%
  • Kamara

Votes: 2 4.3%
  • Other - specify below

Votes: 2 4.3%

• Total voters
I’d love to hear from the 5 who voted Cook & 2 who voted Kamara, but I fear they’ve been shamed into silence. 🥺

lol

I don’t understand this argument.  How is CMC #1 with Darnold, but Kamara isn’t top 5?   Studs produce no matter what.  We seen it with players like Megatron and Fitz at WR.  Kamara was a stud with Teddy under center until his injury.  NO has a top 3 OL.  With Jameis at QB he will be a stud.  Taysom at QB is likely to hurt his #s only due to him not being targeted in the passing game like last year, but in no way do I believe he will be the starter.  Jameis is a much better QB than Darnold, so I don’t really see an argument here.  FTR, I’m biased because I’m a Saints fan, but I don’t see this difference in CMC and Karmara’s situation. 
Solid point. And I agree Jamies > Darnold. 

Solid point. And I agree Jamies > Darnold. 
Hell Hill > Darnold. Problem with Hill is that he doesn't like to pass to his rbs and wants to run it himself.

Edit - I'd also argue Hill > Jamis if you want to keep the ball away from the other team.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hell Hill > Darnold. Problem with Hill is that he doesn't like to pass to his rbs and wants to run it himself.

Edit - I'd also argue Hill > Jamis if you want to keep the ball away from the other team.
This could be true. I’m hoping Payton can help Jameis. Look at Bree’s first few years before going to NOLA and compare them to Winston’s. 

I don’t understand this argument.  How is CMC #1 with Darnold, but Kamara isn’t top 5?   Studs produce no matter what.  We seen it with players like Megatron and Fitz at WR.  Kamara was a stud with Teddy under center until his injury.  NO has a top 3 OL.  With Jameis at QB he will be a stud.  Taysom at QB is likely to hurt his #s only due to him not being targeted in the passing game like last year, but in no way do I believe he will be the starter.  Jameis is a much better QB than Darnold, so I don’t really see an argument here.  FTR, I’m biased because I’m a Saints fan, but I don’t see this difference in CMC and Karmara’s situation. 
A few reasons:

1. I don't think its a forgone conclusion Winston starts at QB, and even if he does, I expect Hill to be involved a lot, especially at the GL. I don't agree that Winston is better than Darnold. Frankly, I think Hill is probably the best QB between the 2 teams, even if he is gimmicky. That gimmick might be even more valuable with Michael Thomas out. 

2. Kamara doesn't see anywhere near the workload CMC does. Kamara's career high in touches is 275, and the Saints have been very aware of not overworking him, even when Brees was out. I think its possible he sees a career high in carries this season(194 to date) but I don't know that 81+ catches is the lock its been in the past without Brees, and if Hill wins the job, it might not even be 60. Meanwhile CMC has averaged 24 touches per game, and doesn't have a quality player like Latavius Murray behind him, and 2 different Panthers coaching staffs have fully embraced him as a workload machine. Its tough for Kamara to make up what is likely a 100+ touch difference. 

3. McCaffrey is just a better player than Kamara. I'm also concerned defenses have nobody else to really worry about besides Kamara, and his efficiency numbers are going to take a massive hit this season. I'm a little worried about the Saints offense falling apart altogether,  and that isn't really priced into Kamara like it is to McCaffrey. Where as if Darnold is actually decent(good would be a shock), CMC might run away with the #1 spot. 

I’d love to hear from the 5 who voted Cook & 2 who voted Kamara, but I fear they’ve been shamed into silence. 🥺

lol
I did just to actually skew things and show my homerism. I just can’t see why people are afraid of the Saints offense.  Sean Payton is still the head coach and we’ve seen how that offense has been without Brees.  Obviously Thomas being out isn’t a good look, but there is some young talent on this team, and we’ve seen what Payton has done with late rd and Undrafted offensive players.  Hopefully  Callaway can stay healthy because he was starting to shine last year before being injured and Harris only misses the first 2 games.  Excited to see what Trautman can do, and what we have in Baker.  This offense will run through Kamara until Thomas is back. 

I’ve only done 1 redraft this year.  I had pick 3 and took Kamara after CMC and Cook.  Love how my team turned out. Start 2 rbs and 3 wrs:
Kamara

AJ Brown

Sanders ( wanted Jefferson or Metcalf who went the 2 picks before me)

Lamb 

Dak

Aiyuk

Sutton

Cook to me is the "safe" pick at #1. You can have concerns about CMC,his qb and Kamara's qb situation. In foresight don't think you'd be wrong with any of them,of course hindsight will tell. But if you're in my league I'd for sure tell you to take Cam Akers.

Users who are viewing this thread