What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Redraft Strategy - (1 Viewer)

Jamesinaz

Footballguy
I will be drafting 12th in a 12 team redraft non-PPR league.  I have done a few mock drafts and I see two possible paths to take.    So here are the two options I think I have.

Option A - RB/WR round 1-2 and 3-4

In this option I will get something like RB A Jones, N Harris, or Gibson and WR Hill, Adams, Brown or Ridley.  In the next round something like Jacobs, Carson, Montgomery or Swift and Evans, Woods, Higgins, etc.

Option B is to take an alternate approach and go big on WR.  Take 2 premium WRs in the 1.12, 2.1 picks with Hill and Adams.  Then trying to cobble together RBs with something like Carson and Montgomery.

So Option  A is A Jones, Hill, Carson and Woods.

Option B - Adams, Hill, Carson, Montgomery

Of the two which do you think is the sounder strategy?

For bonus appreciation, the next two picks in most mock drafts allow me to choose one of the 4-6 second tier TEs and a premium QB with something like an Andrews, Hockenson, Pitts and Murray, Dak, Lamar.  Or I if I have taken the Option B route I could pass on one of the TE or QB and get one of them and another RB before there is nothing of real value left in that space.

Not looking for specific choices just strategy.  Or are both ideas flawed?  😃

It occurs to me there is a 3rd viable option.  Choose 2 RBs 1-2 and WRs 3-4.  I end up with like A Jones/Mixon and McLaurin/Woods.

There is another option to not force a position and see what the BPA is when it's your turn to pick.  Put together a combined draft board and don't pigeon hole yourself into forcing a position before the draft even starts.  Going over various mocks is good for practice but you never know how the actual draft is going to go.  What happens if all 11 guys take RB's before you?  Do you force a RB just because you planned to?   Be flexible and ready for anything to happen.  Too many times I know people go into a draft expecting to take RB/RB with their first two picks but then something happens and they miss out on value.  

There is another option to not force a position and see what the BPA is when it's your turn to pick.  Put together a combined draft board and don't pigeon hole yourself into forcing a position before the draft even starts.  Going over various mocks is good for practice but you never know how the actual draft is going to go.  What happens if all 11 guys take RB's before you?  Do you force a RB just because you planned to?   Be flexible and ready for anything to happen.  Too many times I know people go into a draft expecting to take RB/RB with their first two picks but then something happens and they miss out on value.  
This.  Especially drafting in the swing.  No big deal and try and plan out a draft, but be prepared to change on the fly.  

Mocks are fine but in the real deal I agree do not lock yourself in. Your draft will not go as your mocks have. Your turn will come up and you'll be surprised at a player or two who is still there and you will be amazed at a few players who aren't there. I'd take the best RB and then see who's there.

Users who are viewing this thread