What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Regarding IDP Projections (1 Viewer)

What scoring system is used when calculating IDP projections? My league is using IDPs on a limited basis for the first time this year, and I'm trying to evaluate who I've got and who's available. Clearly my league's scoring system is vastly different from what FBG is using - since this is our first IDP foray we may have implemented a less-than-standard scoring system without really knowing about it. We're using CBS, and the projection numbers I'm seeing on the site are way lower than FBG projections. Can someone enlighten me?

FBG IDP scoring:

* 1.5 points per solo tackle, .75 points per assisted tackle

* 4 points per sack

* 4 points per forced fumble, 4 points per fumble recovery

* 5 points per interception, 1.5 points per pass defensed

* 6 points per touchdown, 2 points per safety

CBSportsline is using the KUBIAK projections from FootballOutsiders if I'm not mistaken. When last I looked, there was not a single IDP projected over 85 solo tackles and the vast majority were well under 80 solos. Elvis Dumervil was projected for nearly 60 solos. I like a lot of what FO puts together in their annual book and a few of the columns are good reads, but the projections have been puzzling at best. It's probably the projections, rather than your scoring system, that are the issue.

If you're a subscriber, you can enter your own scoring system into a MyFBG league profile and have our projections customized to your league system.

I use ESPN scoring and here is how we set ours up.

2-solo tackle

1-assist tackle

4- sack

4- int

3- force fumble

3- fumble recovery

1- pass deflection

6- safety

6- TD

We also include special teams 1 point per 10yds and 6 for TD, we start a full defense 3-4 and it benefits me this year that espn isn't updated so i get kampman and dumervil at d line

Users who are viewing this thread