What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Rep. Steve Scalise, multiple aides shot at Congressional baseball practice (1 Viewer)

President Donald Trump released a statement after being briefed: "The Vice President and I are aware of the shooting incident in Virginia and are monitoring developments closely. We are deeply saddened by this tragedy. Our thoughts and prayers are with the members of Congress, their staffs, Capitol Police, first responders, and all others affected."

Ladies and gentlemen, I present the left
The question wasn't whether you think assassination is bad, snowflake.  The question is where was this newfound concern of yours for the normalization of violent political symbolism for the last eight years?  The fact that none of it bothered you until now (or maybe I'm wrong -- happy to see a link from, say, the Giffords shooting) makes you not just an ###### for bringing it into the thread, but a hypocritical ######.

Man defends himself from dog attack.

Man kills beloved family pet.  

Both state the same thing.  A man killed a dog.  
This is pointless to argue, but that's a ####### example. He is the House majority whip, he is a Republican, he is a politician, these are pertinent to the story.  CNN's top headline is "SHOOTING AT GOP BALLGAME". Didn't they know it was just a practice!! SPIN!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
This is pointless to argue, but that's a ####### example. He was the House majority whip, he is a Republican, he is a politician, these are pertinent to the story.  CNN's top headline is "SHOOTING AT GOP BALLGAME". Didn't they know it was just a practice!! SPIN!!!
Probably right. 

You guys know you can just ignore Stat, right?  You can even make it so you don't even see his posts if you don't trust yourself. Shtick doesn't rest, so adjust accordingly.

Also an actual news update: just got an email that there's no indication this is part of a larger effort. The Capitol complex is open to the public as usual, albeit with a larger USCP presence than usual.

The question wasn't whether you think assassination is bad, snowflake.  The question is where was this newfound concern of yours for the normalization of violent political symbolism for the last eight years?  The fact that none of it bothered you until now (or maybe I'm wrong -- happy to see a link from, say, the Giffords shooting) makes you not just an ###### for bringing it into the thread, but a hypocritical ######.
No matter how many times you say it it doesn't make it truth. HTH. 

President Donald Trump released a statement after being briefed: "The Vice President and I are aware of the shooting incident in Virginia and are monitoring developments closely. We are deeply saddened by this tragedy. Our thoughts and prayers are with the members of Congress, their staffs, Capitol Police, first responders, and all others affected."
For once, Trump makes a very good and timely statement.  It should be all of our sentiments at this time.   

People want me to care about a guy who is against gun laws and gets money from the NRA while standing in the Rose Garden celebrating voting to destroy millions and millions of lives because he is a person and thats what people think the right thing is to do? 

People want me to care about a guy who is against gun laws and gets money from the NRA while standing in the Rose Garden celebrating voting to destroy millions and millions of lives because he is a person and thats what people think the right thing is to do? 
I hope the hurting heals.

Yes, because he has parents, family, and friends who care about him.

Just because someone doesn't share your political views doesn't make them subhuman.  At the end of the day we are all Americans and this attack is terrible for our country, and is terrible in terms of another innocent human being shot/killed.  

what happened? Didn't get the replies you wanted the first time? :lmao:

At least we can take you off the list of possible suspects.

Just because someone doesn't share your political views doesn't make them subhuman.  At the end of the day we are all Americans and this attack is terrible for our country, and is terrible in terms of another innocent human being killed.  
So do the people who are losing their healthcare and so have many others who lost people to gun violence that he cares nothing about, and now suffered from. 

So just because Liberals dont share his views, he voted to take their HC away? I care about him as much as he cares about me. Dont wish people harm, but when it happens to bad people, I also dont care. 

So do the people who are losing their healthcare and so have many others who lost people to gun violence that he cares nothing about, and now suffered from. 

So just because Liberals dont share his views, he voted to take their HC away? I care about him as much as he cares about me. Dont wish people harm, but when it happens to bad people, I also dont care. 
You don't care so much that you're posting in here multiple times to make what point?

get help, soon.

edit to add: this is exactly the mindset of the shooter, I'd imagine.

Jeez man. 

He wasnt the only person shot either. 
Typical of the internet, trying to be a hero with your remark. You would have noticed I made no mention about not caring about them. Show that fake care because you think its expected. 7 days from now, you wont care, per usual.

For once, Trump makes a very good and timely statement.  It should be all of our sentiments at this time.   
Trump is still asleep. This was probably one of his aides. He'll be pissed about this statement when he wakes up.

Typical of the internet, trying to be a hero with your remark. You would have noticed I made no mention about not caring about them. Show that fake care because you think its expected. 7 days from now, you wont care, per usual.
so·ci·o·path

ˈsōsēōˌpaTH/

noun

a person with a personality disorder manifesting itself in extreme antisocial attitudes and behavior and a lack of conscience.

I respond to peopel who quote me, but you know that, quote me again. i will respond. 
I'm pretty sure no one quoted you before you started posting in this thread that you claim you don't care about so much.  Nice try.  Now I'm going to stop responding to you and just watch you show the rest of us how much you continue to not care.

Just because someone doesn't share your political views doesn't make them subhuman.  At the end of the day we are all Americans and this attack is terrible for our country, and is terrible in terms of another innocent human being killed.  

Just because he doesn't want the government to be responsible for health care doesn't mean he is a bad person.  He can think, wrongly imo, that people are actually better off with a different system...or perhaps he has strong views on what the government should and shouldn't do and hates that folks are hurt but thinks harming the country by having Obamacare is worse.

You can disagree with someone without demonizing them.  Seeing your political opponents as bad people, in general, is a bad approach.

Users who are viewing this thread