What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Returnmen (1 Viewer)

Would Forsett return punts also if he eventually gets the job?
Entirely speculating, but he'd be the best bet, yes. I think he's the only other player on the roster with NFL experience at returning punts. Not a lot of experience at returning kicks either outside of those 2 and Danieal Manning. Quintin Demps is injured and Sherrick McManis is on the Bears now.

NFL Network reports Eagles considering getting DJax back into the punt game. Reid is still hesitant but there is a push in the locker room for it.

I wonder no one has talked about Jacquizz Rodgers? With a more pass heavy offense, and being projected as the primary kick returner, he could be money in return yardage leagues as well.
He's a solid flex RB in that scenario. Another possibility would be Rainey in Pit. if he's returning kickoffs. He's the only RB with any burst in that backfield..
That's a great point about Rainey, Sydnap. Especially with the RB's in Pitt dropping like flies last night!

Last edited by a moderator:
I wonder no one has talked about Jacquizz Rodgers? With a more pass heavy offense, and being projected as the primary kick returner, he could be money in return yardage leagues as well.
He's a solid flex RB in that scenario. Another possibility would be Rainey in Pit. if he's returning kickoffs. He's the only RB with any burst in that backfield..
That's a great point about Rainey, Sydnap. Especially with the RB's in Pitt dropping like flies last night!
Rainey has a shot to do some work 2-3 more times this season, but the problem is sometimes they put Sanders back there on KOR, and sometimes A. Brown at punt return, and on offense he's like a poor man's J. Rodgers, who is like a poor man's Sproles. I have Rainey as the 7th best RB returner from week 7 on, so he's just not worth rostering to me. Enjoy Logan this week...if he grows a pair (or more likely his ST coordinator lets him do work) he'll have a big game.

Sydnap, can you explain to me why the yahoo projections on these guys fluctuate so much? Do they mean anything?

I noticed that about Brown last night.

I've never cared about kick returners so much in my life, lol.

Sydnap, can you explain to me why the yahoo projections on these guys fluctuate so much? Do they mean anything?I noticed that about Brown last night. I've never cared about kick returners so much in my life, lol.
Yahoo's projections are really good, and really bad all at the same time. In some cases they don't keep up with current events. In others they're right on top of it. Their return projections are funny to me. The same guys have nearly identical projections each week, which is not accurate. They don't account for touchback % of opponent, if opponent directional punts, etc. You'll also get a feel that some returners are told they can't return kicks that go x distance into the end zone. Logan is an example of this. More than 5 yards deep, and he has the "take it out and you'll get cut" thing going through his head. This is not an exact science, but you can tell they don't put much thought in some of their projections (at all positions frankly). That being said, yahoo is an easy site to play at, and it's easily accessible, and does a good job with stats, inc. to offer realtime scoring and updates. Thx

'SydNap said:
'jwp said:
Rainey has a shot to do some work 2-3 more times this season, but the problem is sometimes they put Sanders back there on KOR, and sometimes A. Brown at punt return, and on offense he's like a poor man's J. Rodgers, who is like a poor man's Sproles. I have Rainey as the 7th best RB returner from week 7 on, so he's just not worth rostering to me. Enjoy Logan this week...if he grows a pair (or more likely his ST coordinator lets him do work) he'll have a big game.
Sydnap---that's awesome you have developed a ranking system. Do you also do projections for individual weeks?Like say a yardage projection? Owning the 7th best KR is pretty valuable in our league right? It would be interesting to see how close your projection to Rainey was as compared to his actual performance Thursday as well as what the projections on my other 4 return guys are . What is your prediction for how Keshawn Martin will fare the rest of this year?TIA

Last edited by a moderator:
'SydNap said:
'jwp said:
Sydnap---that's awesome you have developed a ranking system. Do you also do projections for individual weeks?Like say a yardage projection? Owning the 7th best KR is pretty valuable in our league right? It would be interesting to see how close your projection to Rainey was as compared to his actual performance Thursday as well as what the projections on my other 4 return guys are . What is your prediction for how Keshawn Martin will fare the rest of this year?TIA
I had Rainey at 79 yards vs. Carolina. Car scored more than I thought, and Pit took Sanders and Brown off of returns as the game went on. I had Reynaud at 119 yards, so he exceeding expectations as well. I have Logan at 132 yards this week, he's the 3rd best return play (although there is a big worry with him...his coaches won't let him bring it out if it's more than 5 yards deep). You're wasting your time with Felix Jones, I have him with only 1 strong play the rest of the season...and the way he's running I'd be shocked if they don't replace him. I have BIG expectations for my boys Cobb and Cribbs this week...at 154 and 147 yards respectively. For the season, I have K. Martin (82 avg) and Logan (83 avg) dead even, but Martin has more "big play" types of days, whereas I have Logan with only 1 more after this week. I have Thigpen with an average of 78 yards/week, with 3 big days. To be clear, I have Rainey as the 7th best RB returner, 18th best overall. The guys to own from week 7 on are Cobb (102 avg), Banks (98 avg), and Washington (89 average). Again, not an exact science but I have a pretty good set of algo's going. Good luck!

So just to be clear....no matter who Dallas starts as KR has only 1 good play left so picking up someone who you think might replace Jones is a waste of time. Right? What week is Logans projected big week? Is the guy from Carolina worth getting? Pilieares or something like that...

So just to be clear....no matter who Dallas starts as KR has only 1 good play left so picking up someone who you think might replace Jones is a waste of time. Right? What week is Logans projected big week? Is the guy from Carolina worth getting? Pilieares or something like that...
Things can change, black and white is definitely not the way to approach these things...week to week is better. Look at Holliday in Hou. Dal could change KR's and get one who has a higher avg/return and my algo's may love him more. Maybe a kicker gets cut (Cundiff in Was. who I haven't updated yet), and those 2 games turn green instead of red. I have Pilares with 1 good play, so he's not really on my radar (just can't keep a roster spot for 1 possibility at a good week). I mentioned F Jones, just because he has no intention of busting a kick. He's looking for contact and then to fall down. Jerry Jones loves him (He's a Razorback), it's the only reason he's even on that team still. If I gave you Logan's big week, that would take all of the fun out of it. You seem smart enough, dig around a bit (think good opponent that scores a lot and has a low touchback %). There is 1 guy on the waiver wire in our league that I do want...just don't have space for him. Maybe you beat me to it...maybe not...ha!

I see at least 2 good plays in Holliday's future schedule if they let him return. @Cincy and @KC. I'm going to take a chance and roster him. Logan's big projected week is pretty easy to surmise...

With Jennings coming back soon, does cobb drop off the planet or at least lose a ton of targets? He is currently a top 5 wr in my league.

Thoughts on Chris Givens? He has gotten kick returns the last 2 weeks with an uptick of targets since DA went down.

Can anyone confirm if Goodson is the primary KR guy for the raiders now?
He is, I just went back and watched his week 6 and week 4 stuff. He's the guy, and also getting some touches on offense. Still unclear to me who DMC's handcuff is, but Goodson seems in favor and Ford isn't coming back.

With Jennings coming back soon, does cobb drop off the planet or at least lose a ton of targets? He is currently a top 5 wr in my league.Thoughts on Chris Givens? He has gotten kick returns the last 2 weeks with an uptick of targets since DA went down.
For Returns, I have Cobb as the clear #1 KR for the rest of the season. His touches on offense are gravy, and although may drop, he's a top playmaker for them, so they'll continue to find ways to get him the ball. Don't be shocked if that when Jennings comes back, Cobb simply steals more touches from the backfield for A Green.

With Jennings coming back soon, does cobb drop off the planet or at least lose a ton of targets? He is currently a top 5 wr in my league.Thoughts on Chris Givens? He has gotten kick returns the last 2 weeks with an uptick of targets since DA went down.
For Returns, I have Cobb as the clear #1 KR for the rest of the season. His touches on offense are gravy, and although may drop, he's a top playmaker for them, so they'll continue to find ways to get him the ball. Don't be shocked if that when Jennings comes back, Cobb simply steals more touches from the backfield for A Green.
Percy Harvin says hi

Percy Harvin says hi
Harvin is a monster on offense, he'll see slightly fewer KOR opportunities from here on out (although week 10 looks good for him)..

SydNap- what are your thoughts on Rainey this weekend? I'm in a bind with TRich hurting and others on bye. Looks like he could also get some carries because of other RB injuries.

SydNap- what are your thoughts on Rainey this weekend? I'm in a bind with TRich hurting and others on bye. Looks like he could also get some carries because of other RB injuries.
Banks Was 119.6316Washington Sea 112.4273209 (I don't like this much though b/c it's at Det)Cribbs Cle 99.368152Rodgers Atl 96.1898Thigpen Mia 81.59897778Reynaud Ten 77.23492Cobb GB 76.40661333Jones Dal 76.3605Goodman SD 71.929844Wilson NYG 66.30696Hilton / Brazill Ind 59.34309333Parmele Jac 58.76496Rainey Pit 56.962364

Looks like a big week for Cobb and Logan (finally) owners...
Why?Could Logan have 200 this week?
WhyCobb vs. NYG (giving up 4.6 KOR/game)Logan vs. Hou (giving up 4.8 KOR/game)My algos have Cobb averaging 122 return yards, and Logan's average at 120 return yards. Cobb is obviously more valuable because he's a playmaking fool on offense. Logan also gets the "stop" sign on returns more than most and just downs the kick if it's deeper than 5 yards in the endzone.

Looks like a big week for Cobb and Logan (finally) owners...
Lol, I hope your algo is right about Logan and the Texans score like crazy and the kickoffs only go 4 yards deep. Where do you have Givens ranked this week? Would you consider him sort of a poor mans Cobb?

SydNap what about Julian Edelman?

Does he keep doing returns and how much is he actually involved in that?

SydNap what about Julian Edelman?Does he keep doing returns and how much is he actually involved in that?
I think McCourty is the KOR there. NE is always a tough deal to figure, but Edelman is just not consistent enough to count on (then he rolled up 2 first half TD's on special teams last night)...ha

Cadet took over for Sproles last game, and unfortunately did well (for Sproles owners).

Any insight if the Saints will stick with this or if Sproles will get the job back at some point this season?

Is the NE kicker's leg strong enough to get touchbacks? I have a feeling it is and Belichick told him to kick shorter on purpose against the Jets.

SydNap, i'm wondering what your thoughts are on LaMichael James and Quizz this week? I'm thinking james could be a sneaky play, but i dont know if i have the nuggets to do it.

I've got Thigpen, Rainey and Givens going this week. McKnight and Logan on the bench. It'd be cool to see the projections for super bowl week for all the returnmen. 'Nap??

Users who are viewing this thread