What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Ridiculous QB picks in standard PPR leagues - Is this common? (1 Viewer)

rustyman

Footballguy
Standard 12 Team Redraft PPR league

1pt/reception & 1pt every 10 yards rush/rec

4pt Pass TD / 6pt Rush/Rec TD

1)QB, 2)RB, 3)WR, 1)TE, 1)D, 1)K, 1)Flex (any position including QB)

Every year, this league drafts QB ridiculously early. Last year, 5 went in Rd 1 with another 6 in Rd 2.

Half the league drafts 2 QB's by RD 5.

Pretty certain the first six picks this year will go 5-1 or 4-2 QB to RB. Pretty sure the first 3 picks will be Rodgers/Brees/Manning.I draft #8 overall and am going to grab best available RB, but feel like I must go QB in Rd 2 or 3 latest.

Has anyone else experienced anything like this? The league has always been QB heavy, but the last few years it's getting more out of control.

Last edited by a moderator:
what are the yards for passing yards?

with 1 point per 20 yards rushing, RB's have been devalued.. you have to have a flex QB.

You just have to go with the flow. I think you need to get a QB in the 2nd/3rd and then another after everyone else has their 2nd (before they go for their dang 3rd one)

dumb rules....

there are fun rules that enhance and make certain leagues unique.. and then there are dumb rules which lead to dumb leagues... this is the latter

In my standard Yahoo league with people I know, the first QB was taken in the 1st round.

Russell Wilson.

Not out of the ordinary for any league that you can start 2 QB's. I only do QB flex leagues. (4 pass TD/1 pt 25 pass yards/and -0.5 deduction for QB sack)

Just drafted 2nite and I was actually quite surprised how few went thru 3 rounds (4 in Round 1, 1 in Round 2 and 3 in Round 3). Rodgers went #1 overall pick -- he did finish QB3 with inclusion of the QB sack stat as he was sacked almost double of Brees/Brady last season.

QB scoring is 1pt for every 25 yards plus 2pt bonus for over 300 yards. INT is -1

Rush/Rec = 1pt every 10 yards

Last edited by a moderator:
Standard 12 Team Redraft PPR league

1pt/reception & 1pt every 10 yards rush/rec

4pt Pass TD / 6pt Rush/Rec TD

1)QB, 2)RB, 3)WR, 1)TE, 1)D, 1)K, 1)Flex (any position including QB)

Every year, this league drafts QB ridiculously early. Last year, 5 went in Rd 1 with another 6 in Rd 2.

Half the league drafts 2 QB's by RD 5.

Pretty certain the first six picks this year will go 5-1 or 4-2 QB to RB. Pretty sure the first 3 picks will be Rodgers/Brees/Manning.I draft #8 overall and am going to grab best available RB, but feel like I must go QB in Rd 2 or 3 latest.

Has anyone else experienced anything like this? The league has always been QB heavy, but the last few years it's getting more out of control.
Do you even know what "standard" means because a FF league where you can play two QB each week is FAR from "standard"

OP shows his lack of knowledge in this thread. If you don't have two QBs by 3rd round, you are likely going to be in a world of hurt.

what are the yards for passing yards?

with 1 point per 20 yards rushing, RB's have been devalued.. you have to have a flex QB.

You just have to go with the flow. I think you need to get a QB in the 2nd/3rd and then another after everyone else has their 2nd (before they go for their dang 3rd one)

dumb rules....

there are fun rules that enhance and make certain leagues unique.. and then there are dumb rules which lead to dumb leagues... this is the latter
He may have edited it to 1 point per 10yds rushing. Regardless, the standard current setup where taking Riddley before Brady, let alone 2-3 rounds ahead, is the norm is the one that looks odd to me.

Yeah I remember being in a FBG Survivor League with a QB-flex format. QBs went early and often - totally normal. It turns QB into a scarce position b/c suddenly QB24 is somebody's starter instead of bye-week filler.

-QG

I think what is lost a lot of times is you need to know your league and have a good feel for how players will go and adjust your strategy accordingly. Blindly following a standard cheat sheet of ranking is a mistake if your league drafts differently. Project who you think will be available when you will be picking and determine what is going to build your strongest team. This may mean you may have a position you have to slide up or down from a standard set of rankings.

We are transitioning from a start 2-Qb league to 1 -Qb league but after talking to some of the guys in my league I still expect at least three QBs taken in the first round and most teams will have their starting QB by the time I pick in 2nd second round with the 21st pick.

Their rationale is that QBs are the highest scoring position and you want to get a top 10 QB. I am picking #4 and expect to grab 2 RBs and a WR with my top 3 picks and see what is left at QB in the fourth. I am expecting the best available is going to be Romo, Wilson or Eli.

Any league where you can start 2 QB's is going to go like this. (it's how those leagues will be/are)

QB's score the most points, an when you can use 2 you really "need" good ones before there gone.

In one 2 QB league I'm in it's set that you can't have more then 3 QB's, and not take a 3rd till round 13 of 15 rounds.

(it's superflex so other than QB can be your second, an the draft settings are to try an help keep QB on teams even)

Users who are viewing this thread