What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Rod Smith trade value ? (1 Viewer)

You will likely not get anything of value for him now.  You are better off sitting on him.  

I supposed a team that i very deep might give you like a WR4

In redraft his value today is in the DOnta Forman - Dede Westbrook range. That will go up or down on Monday.

I would say he is worth Malcolm Brown money. For up to 6 weeks.  Then he is worth Christine Michael money.  Sell high!!!!  

Not much now, but if he becomes the guy in 1-2 weeks that will change if he’s the guy for 4 weeks, I’m trying to trade him to the zek guy. I think he will want him.

The team really likes him, but honestly, I think it's time to move on from him. Or at least give someone like Tavon or Darius Jackson more snaps. Ideally, the team drafts another RB by Round 4 of this year's draft. Biggest needs that the team has right now are DT, Safeties, backup RB, a true starting TE (prolly not gonna get that this year), Backup QB, and K. Well that and a healthy OL, but I think Frederick comes back, Williams improves, Tyron and Zack Martin both start out the year healthy, and the Cowboys keep their depth with Looney & Fletcher, and maybe keep Su'a-Filo too.

The team really likes him, but honestly, I think it's time to move on from him. Or at least give someone like Tavon or Darius Jackson more snaps. Ideally, the team drafts another RB by Round 4 of this year's draft. Biggest needs that the team has right now are DT, Safeties, backup RB, a true starting TE (prolly not gonna get that this year), Backup QB, and K. Well that and a healthy OL, but I think Frederick comes back, Williams improves, Tyron and Zack Martin both start out the year healthy, and the Cowboys keep their depth with Looney & Fletcher, and maybe keep Su'a-Filo too.
I dont think he is looking to trade him still. 

since you cant start your own threads, you're going to bump every zombie thread for anyone Dallas Cowboys? Go to the singular Dallas thread for that. 

You didnt even bump the right Rod Smith thread 

I dont think he is looking to trade him still. 

since you cant start your own threads, you're going to bump every zombie thread for anyone Dallas Cowboys? Go to the singular Dallas thread for that. 

You didnt even bump the right Rod Smith thread 
Which one is the right Rod Smith thread?

Nobody banned me from creating threads btw. I just know that I had previously created some for players that already had their own threads, so not trying to do that again now.

Which one is the right Rod Smith thread?

Nobody banned me from creating threads btw. I just know that I had previously created some for players that already had their own threads, so not trying to do that again now.
cool. not sure rod smith offers any value in fantasy right now and I would agree that Dallas likely drafts a rb at some point. 

Dr. Dan said:
cool. not sure rod smith offers any value in fantasy right now and I would agree that Dallas likely drafts a rb at some point. 
Yeah, Rod Smith has some likable qualities I guess, but they're not consistently there. The team should look to upgrade for sure, but they really like him, so they'll probably keep him another year. :-/

Didn't realize this guy wasn't signed. I thought I read that the he had signed with the Cowboys already, but it looks like the Bengals worked him out recently.
https://bengalswire.usatoday.com/2019/04/16/bengals-tried-out-cowboys-free-agent-rod-smith/

So in other news, that means the Cowboys are in the market for a real backup RB.
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001026941/article/cowboys-looking-to-get-backup-rb-for-ezekiel-elliott

I'd consider Yeldon and Duke Johnson tbh, but if not, then they should draft a RB.
https://www.wfaa.com/article/sports/nfl/cowboys/could-cowboys-take-a-running-back-during-rounds-1-3-of-nfl-draft/287-3254d2ef-8548-449f-8885-4b11d80d4198

But it's good that the Cowboys are moving on from Rod Smith. Aside from feasting on the Giants in 2017, he hasn't really done much as a pro. He's shown flashes, but he doesn't have the one-cut ability to run between the tackles, nor does he have the long-range speed. He has some agility, but the energy, effort, and burst aren't always there. I like his hands, but he's not that clever of a route runner. Since he's not really a long-strider, he doesn't pick up that many yards on his catches, unless, of course, he's playing the Giants. He's got good footwork for a guy his size, but those are really just finesse moves. He's needs to bring more power and explosiveness to his game.

I wish him well, but I'm glad the team is moving on from him.

Users who are viewing this thread