What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Roster help/suggestions? Will help in return. (1 Viewer)

wheeleke

Footballguy
Heading into tonight not feeling great about coming out on top. Have had a stellar week but down 184-177 with Kittle left to play against Baker Mayfield. Anyhow, present record is 2-2 and stat projections will have me first in the league in overall scoring yet in 6th place in the standings #FantasyFootball.

Play in a 10-team, 2 QB, .5 PPR league. We start 2 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, TE, Flex (RB/WR/TE), K, and DEF. My present roster is:

QB - Patrick Mahomes, Kirk Cousins, Kyle Allen, Sam Darnold

RB - James Conner, Leonard Fournette, Damien Williams, Miles Sanders, Jaylen Samuels

WR - Julio Jones, Davante Adams, Allen Robinson, Will Fuller, Courtland Sutton

TE - George Kittle

K - Justin Tucker

DEF - Eagles

Pretty stacked at receiver and feel like my biggest areas of need might be at 2nd QB, and at RB (Conner and the Pittsburgh offense is trending down...now even moreso with Mason Rudolph being knocked out of yesterday's game). Trying to target guys like Kerryon Johnson or Josh Jacobs as they are on teams in the league that need WR help. Here are their skill-position rosters below:

Team 1 (with Kerryon Johnson) - Team is presently 0-4

QB - Watson, Wentz, Dalton; RB - Chubb, Kerryon Johnson, Hyde, Tevin Coleman; WR - Tyler Boyd, Stefon Diggs, Demarcus Robinson, Phillip Dorsett, Emmanuel Sanders; TE - Zach Ertz

Team 2 (with Josh Jacobs - will be on Bye in Week 6) - Team is presently 2-2

QB - Winston, Prescott, Flacco, Rudolph; RB - Barkley, Gallman, Jacobs, Henry, Chris Thompson, Kareem Hunt; WR - Mike Evans, Valdes-Scantling, Tyrell Williams, Curtis Samuel; TE - Kelce

Thanks. Open to answering any and all questions in return

Thinking these through as if I was in the other teams shoes.

Team 1: Trading away Kerryon leaves me with 1 startable RB. I don't think I could move either Chubb or Kerryon in my situation without a starting caliber RB coming back to me. I'd be more inclined to move one of my QB's for WR help rather than trade away a RB.

Team 2: I'm probably not willing to move any of Barkley, Henry or Jacobs. One of those guys is my flex starter. If anything I'd want help at WR2 behind Evans and might be willing to trade a QB to get there .

Thinking these through as if I was in the other teams shoes.

Team 1: Trading away Kerryon leaves me with 1 startable RB. I don't think I could move either Chubb or Kerryon in my situation without a starting caliber RB coming back to me. I'd be more inclined to move one of my QB's for WR help rather than trade away a RB.

Team 2: I'm probably not willing to move any of Barkley, Henry or Jacobs. One of those guys is my flex starter. If anything I'd want help at WR2 behind Evans and might be willing to trade a QB to get there .
So putting yourself back in those team's shoes at least in the immediate future:

Team 1 is now 0-5 and needs help at WR. My thought was to trade Conner and a WR for Kerryon or Conner, a WR, and Cousins for Kerryon and Wentz.

Team 2 has Barkley injured, Gallman injured, and Jacobs on a bye. I would move Conner and a WR for Jacobs. He likely wouldn't trade me a QB as I just sent him Mason Rudolph and Curtis Samuel and he sent me Kirk Cousins last week.

Based on the team situation and what might be most likely, I would probably pursue the trade with team 2, but maybe you should look into team 1 first if you want to try and get both a RB and QB. Are there any keepers in your league? If so and you wanted to go after Kerryon perhaps there's a keeper angle to play with the 0-5 team since the season is close to over for that team. It seems like your offers would be similar for both teams, but with upgrading at QB with team 1, so I'd almost try Conner/WR/Cousins for Kerryon/Wentz first, and then see what happens from there. Kerryon and Jacobs might be a tossup for rest of season value, but if you can't get the QB upgrade, then I might target team 2 and go for Jacobs instead. 

Users who are viewing this thread