What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Seahawks - only 1 SNF game? (1 Viewer)

Riversco

Footballguy
Is Seattle not being respected? They have only one SNF game week 2 at home vs the 49ers. They have 4 very interesting matchups, NONE of which got picked up for SNF: Texans, Colts, Falcons, and Giants. All of those are 1:00 sunday starts. Here is the scheduling for all 2012 playoff teams:

49ers: 2 SNF games

Ravens: 1 SNF game (but the team lost a lot of talent after winning the super bowl)

Patriots: 3 SNF games

Falcons: 2 SNF games

Broncos: 2 SNF games

Texans: 2 SNF games

Packers: 3 SNF games

Seahawks: 1 SNF game

Colts: 2 SNF games

Bengals: 1 SNF game

Vikings: 1 SNF game

Redskins: 2 SNF games

non playoff teams:

Giants: 3 SNF games

Cowboys: 3 SNF games

How about odds to win the super bowl?

BRONCOS 5-1: 2 SNF games
49ERS 6-1 (7-1) : 2 SNF games
PATRIOTS 7-1: 3 SNF games
PACKERS 8-1 : 3 SNF games
SEAHAWKS 10-1 (8-1)* : 1 SNF game
TEXANS 12-1 : 2 SNF games
FALCONS 18-1 : 2 SNF games
STEELERS 18-1 : 2 SNF games
SAINTS 18-1 : 1 SNF game
GIANTS 20-1 : 3 SNF games

They are a very interesting team and I was actually looking forward to seeing them matchup with other powerhouses on national TV. Instead they seem to be getting left out.

Seahawks 2013...

Th NF - 1

Su NF - 1

Mo NF - 2

There's more than one marquee slot each week.

Last edited by a moderator:
Seahawks 2013...

Th NF - 1

Su NF - 1

Mo NF - 2

Bah, the marquee matchup is really just SNF.

It also has to do with ratings. There's not as much national interest in SEA as some of those other teams.
That's BS. The Seahawks are a very interesting team. Pete Carroll is a high profile coach. Russell Wilson is amazing. You got Beast Mode. Christine Michael is turning heads now. They pressure the QB on defense. They did well in the playoffs. I want to see this team play against other good teams in the spotlight.

Seahawks 2013...

Th NF - 1

Su NF - 1

Mo NF - 2

It also has to do with ratings. There's not as much national interest in SEA as some of those other teams.
That's BS. The Seahawks are a very interesting team. Pete Carroll is a high profile coach. Russell Wilson is amazing. You got Beast Mode. Christine Michael is turning heads now. They pressure the QB on defense. They did well in the playoffs. I want to see this team play against other good teams in the spotlight.
Nah.

Well, I mean they do have a wizard at WR in Tate, he catches the ball even when he doesn't.

Meh, I don't care. We could rattle off the next 3 Superbowls and we still would have someone saying "hey, win 4 and then we'll talk."

Seahawks 2013...

Th NF - 1

Su NF - 1

Mo NF - 2

First off, Sunday Night isn't the only high profile game. Second you are trying to claim Christine Michael is a reason they will get national interest. No. Finally, you ignore TV the basic fact of TV markets.

small market + didn't win the division + 1 playoff win over a team with an injured rookie QB

3 primetimes and 7 4oclock games seems more than fair

the better question is why the jets are on primetime at all. they are horrible and have been the past 2 years.

and then to trot them out there to get crushed by New England. yeah, what a game.

the better question is why the jets are on primetime at all. they are horrible and have been the past 2 years.

and then to trot them out there to get crushed by New England. yeah, what a game.
It's all about swinging from NE's sack.

Isn't the new rule,all teams get a thursday night game?

Might as well be NE if so

I am pretty sure that every NFL team gets at least one prime time game a year now.

As for the Seahawks, yes, SNF is THE marquee prime time game now, but 4 prime time games is still pretty damn good.

Last year's playoff teams:

Washington - 5

Green Bay - 4 (plus early game Thanksgiving Day)

Minnesota - 3

Atlanta - 5

SF - 5

Seattle - 4

New England - 5

Baltimore - 4

Cincinnati - 3

Houston - 4

Indianapolis - 4

Denver - 5

Looks like a pretty even distribution, so I am not seeing what the outrage is about. Basically, the only teams that got more prime time games (if we can count GB's Thanksgiving Day game) than Seattle have the three best QBs in the league (Peyton, Rodgers and Brady) and last year's Rookie of the Year.

Don't forget that 4PM games have their value also. With just 3-4 4PM games going on you get more exposure.

As a Panther fan I'm happy with just a handful of 4PM games.. In seasons 10+11 Panthers had 29 1PM games and 2 4PM games.

As a Seattle fan I totally understand why they don't get more exposure on a national TV basis and don't have a problem with it. Companies advertise during the games on TV. They want lots of potential customers watching the ads. If they put Seattle on as opposed to the Jets they will probably get fewer people seeing their ads. That said, they also want to put competitive teams on. Even when Seattle is an upper echelon team (or expected to be) they will never get the same coverage as most of the teams in the NFC East. I okay with that.

golfguy said:

Because NE has a big market, and the rivalry game is always riotous entertainment.

Users who are viewing this thread