What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Seeking Feedback on IDP "True Position" (1 Viewer)

lawrenceofbruno

Footballguy
In the morning(!)  to you~

I was amid multiple drafts last week, when MFL made adjustments to several IDPs: a large number of DEs were switched to LB, as well as a shuffling of many other players. I assume MFL did this because they have data on players which they get from teams. However, in some leagues a discussion has arisen to switch them back, based on snap counts. Snap count seems like a good way to delineate who actually plays which position, but I need some feedback on whether the resource that has been proposed is ideal.  According to the commissioner, the following spreadsheet has been produced by an entity which goes by the handle "Sticky".  Here it is: 

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1rf5m-7DPzwfJViYNYZliBXVnaGuucrYAZhVCQlPTbI4/edit?usp=drivesdk

I haven't been able to discern anything about the author from doing a simple search, so I'm asking for the wisdom of the crowd. Is MFL all wet in their changes? Is this person's work adequate? What would you suggest? Thanks ahead of time guys. 

If a player is in a position that our league doesn't agree with then our league puts it up to a vote.  If the majority votes to change it then it gets changed.

This MFL positional change has been controversial.  Your league needs to decide how it should be handled.  The how doesn't really matter as long as your league can agree on it.   Discuss it with your leaguemates and come to something everyone can accept.

Our league(s) just adopted True Position earlier this week.  We use the app that you're referencing as well as the auto updates option.  

It went really well for us.  only hiccup is that we had to "run it" a few times as not every player was changed.  e.g. Kayvon would remain a LB after we ran it once, but it was corrected teh 2nd time.  

Otherwise, couldn't be happier.  Adam (the developer) is on twitter and was super responsive to questions etc... 

Our league(s) just adopted True Position earlier this week.  We use the app that you're referencing as well as the auto updates option.  

It went really well for us.  only hiccup is that we had to "run it" a few times as not every player was changed.  e.g. Kayvon would remain a LB after we ran it once, but it was corrected teh 2nd time.  

Otherwise, couldn't be happier.  Adam (the developer) is on twitter and was super responsive to questions etc... 

Same here, had to run it 3-4 times until a few players were changed correctly, thx for pointing it out here.

@lawrenceofbrunoSticky is Adam Tzikas, an IDP lead for DynastyLeagueFootball.  He pulls the positions from Profootballfocus, but might tweak them a bit (unclear to me - on Twitter, he seemed to tell me it was PFF only, but others pointed to a tweet where he thanked another DLF IDP guy for helping him get an update finished).  He's had that tool around for years and has done a good job of maintaining it.

He has an IDP podcast with Tom Kislingbury, another DLF IDP guy, called the Read and React podcast.

If I had control over the leagues I'm in, I would prefer to use the Sticky tool vs. MFL's positions.  MFL seems to agree

We strongly recommend against using the site’s player positions for your league’s official positions

Last edited by a moderator:
A bit strange that guys like DJ Wonnum , Justin Houston and Quincy Roche are still LB and not yet Edge in the Stickytool though.

For those that have used the True Position tool, would there be interest in pitching a "DL/LB" view option when it comes to the FBG Player Projections page? I find myself clicking back and forth to see how my edge LBs compare to the DL projections. 

For those that have used the True Position tool, would there be interest in pitching a "DL/LB" view option when it comes to the FBG Player Projections page? I find myself clicking back and forth to see how my edge LBs compare to the DL projections. 
100%. I have a Sleeper team with some weird position eligibility players (Quincy Williams DB/LB, Greenard DE/LB… using the in-season FBG tools is rough.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, this would be awesome.  It seems like it would be fairly easy.  Instead of clicking only one option they could list all the positions and you check the boxes of the positions you want to compare.  Seems some but I am not a programmer.

If your still looking for help here, Davenport put together a great "True IDP" article in FBG's today:

Users who are viewing this thread