What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Serious Biz Dynasty Year 17 - Plenty of talent on the come (5 Viewers)

Let's finish this up. I have a list of best shape of their lives guys I need to add before you guys see their spring training breakouts!
I’m just glad I got closed out before anyone noticed 2024 #1 overall prospect Kevin Alcantara hitting BP balls 460 feet into the wind. #added15poundsofmuscle

Minidraft results input to Fantrax. It's a much better Commissioner UI than CBS but please check your rosters to make sure I didn't pick the wrong Luis Garcia or something.

While you're in Fantrax, please drop 1-4 players to get rosters back under 40

Minidraft results input to Fantrax. It's a much better Commissioner UI than CBS but please check your rosters to make sure I didn't pick the wrong Luis Garcia or something.
You got the right Luis Garcia, but the wrong team. You gave my Mr. Irrelevant pick to Kraft.

Summary of competitive balance drafts dating back to 2018. We started including first year players in 2019.

It's interesting to look back at how strategies have evolved and to remember some guys.

I wish I could take a mulligan on picking Kevin Maitan just before Yordan Alvarez and Corbin Burnes in 2018.

Waivers have been set up to run on Monday AM to give people a chance to regroup after the minidraft

Remind me to reduce the waivers time back to 2 days after the initial run.

League ***Officially changed to SV+HLD

I've also added IP as a non-scoring category so it'll be easier to monitor where everybody stands during the season.

Anyone want two nice prospects for one vet OF or Uti who will get 500ish ab's? Open to any trades involving us giving prospects. We have many. We are sitting at 41, may drop Nick Yorke. Hit me up. 😀

I have 11 players from past drafts it looks like (excluding the just completed). Some of them I may not have next week but also a couple real gems.
2022 - J Lawlar
2022 - N Pearson
2022 - B Miller
2022 - E de la Cruz
2021 - E Hancock
2021 - Clevinger
2020 - Hoerner
2020 - O Martinez
2020 - Manoah
2019 - Madrigal
2018 - T O'Neill

Players from past CB drafts still on my roster
2022 - Seiya Suzuki
2019 - Ryan McMahon
Two, that's it. Not great. I got some good mileage out of 2018 pick Eddie Rosario, and 2021 pick Taylor Rogers carried me in saves for the first half of last season, but mostly I've done poorly there. But on the bright side...

Players poached from me still on the team that took them
2022 - Oswald Peraza (UMJake)
2022 - Nate Pearson (NV)
2021 - Amed Rosario (Cheese)
2020 - Nico Hoerner (NV)
2019 - Carlos Santana (Cheese)
Santana came up huge for Cheese in his 2019 title season but went into decline afterwards. I lost some solid shortstops, but I'm OK there with Bo and Wander which is why those guys ended up unprotected.

Overall the drafts have done more harm than good to my roster, but they really haven't done too much of either and they make for a fun kickoff to the fantasy baseball season.

I've always tried to contend except for 2020 so I've approached the draft more tactically than strategically. I've picked guys to fill roster holes and a bunch of crap closers so there are only three minidraftees on my current roster. Corbin Carroll, Riley Greene and JD Martinez. The only painful losses were Joe Musgrove and Camilo Doval.

I should probably take more shots at prospects but who has the patience and more importantly, rosters slots for that. Prospecting has always been an inexact science and adding multiple years of protecting their slot raises the stakes higher.

I should probably take more shots at prospects but who has the patience and more importantly, rosters slots for that. Prospecting has always been an inexact science and adding multiple years of protecting their slot raises the stakes higher.
I have hated the last couple years where I've been completely out of it and "rebuilding", I guess. My team was never that good though and always stuck in the mushy middle.

Somehow last year I hit on a ton of prospects and my future looks pretty decent I think but I'm so ready to try to get back in the mix, adding guys like Senga, Bohm, Berrios that I can actually watch and could all be fun is a welcome change.

I don't think I'm winning this year but at least I should have a somewhat competitive (and full) roster.

Last edited:
Looks like the trade button works just fine. We hated giving up Frelick and Cowser especially, but this may put us in a position to compete finally. We may have another move or two in the tank if anyone is looking for a prospect.
Our available players are Nick Yorke 2B Red Sox, Matt McLain SS Reds, Joe Adell OF Angels, Kahlil Watson SS Marlins, Garrett Mitchell OF Brew, Bennie Montgomery OF Rockies, and Alex Ramirez OF Mets. Any of those can be had for a reasonable price.

Last edited:
Looks like the trade button works just fine. We hated giving up Frelick and Cowser especially, but this may put us in a position to compete finally. We may have another move or two in the tank if anyone is looking for a prospect.
Our available players are Nick Yorke 2B Red Sox, Matt McLain SS Reds, Joe Adell OF Angels, Kahlil Watson SS Marlins, Garrett Mitchell OF Brew, Bennie Montgomery OF Rockies, and Alex Ramirez OF Mets. Any of those can be had for a reasonable price.
Who?

Good to see an 8-player trade. Last year there were 8 total players traded, all in 1-for-1s.

Time will tell how the trade works out overall, but Realmuto is a pretty big upgrade over leaving catcher empty.

Good to see an 8-player trade. Last year there were 8 total players traded, all in 1-for-1s.

Time will tell how the trade works out overall, but Realmuto is a pretty big upgrade over leaving catcher empty.
I expect we have a couple more moves to make. We are all in now. Still behind the top tier teams in the league, but closing. We will have more fun if nothing else.

I vote Fantrax Treasurer. It worked just fine in another league I'm in.

I believe @Eephus has the power to appoint a league treasurer on Fantrax, and I can take it from there, but if folks would rather stick with PayPal or Venmo that's OK too.

I can't stress how happy I am now that the shift is dead. I really missed knowing if it was gonna be a hit or not right off the bat like it was before. Good times.

Fantrax treasurer is good. I use it in another league as well.

Is there any interest in having future comp balance picks tradeable in season (with a cutoff date also in season)?

Is there any interest in having future comp balance picks tradeable in season (with a cutoff date also in season)?

I've argued against this in the past. The worst case scenario is somebody bailing on the league after trading away future assets.

It's less of an issue in a stable league and we've had very good stability recently but I never take that for granted.

I've argued against this in the past. The worst case scenario is somebody bailing on the league after trading away future assets.
I think allowing the trading of picks 1 year out (eg 2025 pick during 2024 season) would be fine.

The further out you go, the more potential there is for shenanigans, plus the bookkeeping gets messy.

Users who are viewing this thread