What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Serious Biz Dynasty Year 17 - Plenty of talent on the come (6 Viewers)

So do tomorrow's Aussie games count for us? As I look at the lineup screen, it shows the first game as 3/30 LA vs. SD.

So do tomorrow's Aussie games count for us? As I look at the lineup screen, it shows the first game as 3/30 LA vs. SD.
Fixed. The games in Sydney will count.

Thanks for the heads up.
Now, if you could just tell me whether starting Wade Miley is a good/bad idea I'll be all set.
The ballpark dimensions are short down the lines but there's a ton of foul ground. Of course, curveballs will rotate in the opposite direction down under.

Rules clarification for the new guys: The injured slot is effectively a 37th roster spot. You don't need a doctor's note to use it.

Rules clarification for the new guys: The injured slot is effectively a 37th roster spot. You don't need a doctor's note to use it.
Also, if you have 36 healthy guys so that you are able to use that 37th spot on another healthy body... #### you.

FYI

Have a commish question for you. When I traded for Billy Hamilton he had SS eligibility and now all of sudden he doesnt. How does it change already. Doesnt make a lot of sense.
Hamilton had SS eligibility in 2013 because he played there as a minor leaguer in 2012. If you slotted him as a SS at the end of the 2013 season, there's an anomaly in the CBS system that allows you to keep him at that position this year. But once you move him out of that position even for an off day, he loses SS eligibility and reverts to his 2014 eligible positions.
There's not much we can do about it. CBS permits it and I can't override it in Commissioner's settings.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd like to start collecting money, but we still have an issue that Finless never paid last year. Eephus and Hoos are both supposed to be rolled in from last year's winnings but I only have enough left to cover one of them.

Any thoughts on how to handle this? Do we take that out of the prize pool for this year? All chip in a little extra this time? PIK offered to cover him at one point so if that's still on the table that would solve the problem.

Anyway, once we get that figured out I'll post my paypal address on the league site.

The George Springer era has begun!! :towelwave:

Also, Tim Lincecum. :finger:
Timmy has a 17/1 K/BB ratio this season. He hung one to Uribe but he managed to pitch around trouble last night. He got into a lot of deep counts though which is going to turn him into a 5-6 inning starter if he can't manage it better.

Timmy has a 17/1 K/BB ratio this season. He hung one to Uribe but he managed to pitch around trouble last night. He got into a lot of deep counts though which is going to turn him into a 5-6 inning starter if he can't manage it better.
Yeah, the finger was because I left him on my bench after his previous two starts. Now watch, I'll have him in my lineup next time out...and he'll give up 3 HRs again.

Yeah, the finger was because I left him on my bench after his previous two starts. Now watch, I'll have him in my lineup next time out...and he'll give up 3 HRs again.
He's a guy I'll never have on my fantasy teams. I love him but don't trust him.

I'd like to start collecting money, but we still have an issue that Finless never paid last year. Eephus and Hoos are both supposed to be rolled in from last year's winnings but I only have enough left to cover one of them.

Any thoughts on how to handle this? Do we take that out of the prize pool for this year? All chip in a little extra this time? PIK offered to cover him at one point so if that's still on the table that would solve the problem.

Anyway, once we get that figured out I'll post my paypal address on the league site.
Someone just please PM me when I can pay.

Ok, executive decision: Everyone who was in the league last year kicks in $5 extra this year to cover Finless. Except Eephus and Hoos because it would be silly to have them just send me $5.

Sound good?

Also, Scott Kazmir is pitching way too well to be wasted on my crappy team. Somebody give me a good young player/prospect for him. Preferrably a bat.

Ok, executive decision: Everyone who was in the league last year kicks in $5 extra this year to cover Finless. Except Eephus and Hoos because it would be silly to have them just send me $5.

Sound good?
Only $5 , no big deal, Whats the backstory here , was he a deadbeat ?

Flying ElvisAcquired POS Team

Machado, Manny 3B BAL

Boubucarow

Acquired POS Team

Ellsbury, Jacoby CF NYY

Soria, Joakim RP TEX

Choo, Shin-Soo CF TEX
:rolleyes:

Flying ElvisAcquired POS Team

Machado, Manny 3B BAL

Boubucarow

Acquired POS Team

Ellsbury, Jacoby CF NYY

Soria, Joakim RP TEX

Choo, Shin-Soo CF TEX
I know I gave up a ton and lost the trade but there seemed to be absolutely no market for Ellsbury or Choo for a young hitter. I don't put Machado in the Harper class but I am a pretty high on him for the future.

I would have loved to get more for Ellsbury and Choo but no one was biting on any offers for young hitters. Offered similar packages for guys like Kris Bryant, Puig, Harper, Stanton, Myers and got no interest. Best offer I got was either Matt Harvey or Andrelton Simmons more or less for Ellsbury. Also don't really see how much different this trade is than something like the Buxton/Ventura deal for Miguel Cabrera one earlier.

Flying Elvis

Acquired POS Team

Machado, Manny 3B BAL

Boubucarow

Acquired POS Team

Ellsbury, Jacoby CF NYY

Soria, Joakim RP TEX

Choo, Shin-Soo CF TEX
I know I gave up a ton and lost the trade but there seemed to be absolutely no market for Ellsbury or Choo for a young hitter. I don't put Machado in the Harper class but I am a pretty high on him for the future.

I would have loved to get more for Ellsbury and Choo but no one was biting on any offers for young hitters. Offered similar packages for guys like Kris Bryant, Puig, Harper, Stanton, Myers and got no interest. Best offer I got was either Matt Harvey or Andrelton Simmons more or less for Ellsbury. Also don't really see how much different this trade is than something like the Buxton/Ventura deal for Miguel Cabrera one earlier.
I would have given you Matt Harvey just for Ells. Probably alot more if you worked it. I probably would have given Tulo and Harvey for all three plus a Lil something. I never got one Ells offer from you as requested.

FWIW, I received some very good offers and Ellsbury was in one of them I think, I maybe should have accepted it, but dammit I want to keep Giancarlo.

I think my untouchables are touchable this week. I want to move Tulo, Wainwright, Bautista, VMart, Rodney, and Gardner in a Hershel Walker type deal. I offers someone an 8 for 8 so I am serious. I want top prospects and post hypes. Bats more than pitching. Send offers!

Real Castillo and Rodon have replaced the placeholders. It looks like fake Carbonell and Beede were dropped already.

I added Yoan Moncada.

Going for it all instead of playing it safe cost me this past week. Good job eephus, nv, and helltoupee. Also a shout out to berserker, hope you get a cut of the money. Something had to be involved there.

I'd like to add Tony Kemp (2B, Houston) to my roster. Planning to drop Dioner Navarro.

Can I buy my team back? Or pay what I owe or whatever?
Love the league but if the guys want you back in I'll bow out for next season as I had a little less time this year for fantasy because I started a new job. It's not really the same players as your team but some are similar. I gutted the team to get a little younger, made some good trades, made some bad trades. Not a great team for next year but with a few good moves and luck it's not a dumpster fire either.

Can I buy my team back? Or pay what I owe or whatever?
Love the league but if the guys want you back in I'll bow out for next season as I had a little less time this year for fantasy because I started a new job. It's not really the same players as your team but some are similar. I gutted the team to get a little younger, made some good trades, made some bad trades. Not a great team for next year but with a few good moves and luck it's not a dumpster fire either.
We likely won't hear from him again until May 2016.

Users who are viewing this thread