What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Shark Pool Home League Uno*** - Beware the ADP Sheriff! (2 Viewers)

LawFitz

Footballguy
ETA: link to draftroom - all FBGs welcome to watch and ream for the inevitable headscratcher picks to come! ...

https://sleeper.com/draft/nfl/1134505839416455168

---

Let's start an FBG home league with 12 actual Sharkpoolers, rather than randoms. Once we get 12 to commit on this thread, we can set a time to get together online and collectively bombard a single $50 FBG home league, #TBD. And going forward this can serve as the official SP thread for the league...

Who wants in? Need 12 total to make this happen... Post below and I'll add names to this OP as they appear.

1. @LawFitz
2. @FarFromHome
3. @joey
4. @Atomic Punk
5. @Chaka
6. @Chaos34
7. @Goooals
8. @jvdesigns2002
9. @Ben & Jerry's
10. @Deamon
11. @-jb-
12. @Houston turmOiler

Last edited:
Crap. I said that I can’t do another league this year but would so love to join with SharkPoolers.

Call me first alternate in case you can’t get 11 more to sign up.

Signed,
Addiction Issues.

Not sure what you mean about "Randoms". I'm appreciative of everyone who joins a Footballguys Home League.

If we wanted to do a league of people from the Shark Pool, that would be great.

Last edited:
@Chaka ,

Main key is we all need to register for and fill the league at the same time (or close enough), so that other random peeps don't join the league once we've starting doing so.

Basic Scoring Rules

StatFantasy Points
Passing TD6 for each
Passing Yards.05 for 1 yard (1 point for every 20 yards)
Passing 2-point Conversion2 for each
Interceptions Thrown-1 for each
Receiving TD6 for each
Receiving Yards.1 for each (1 point for every 10 yards)
Receptions1 point for each
Receiving 2-point Conversion2 for each
Rushing TD6 for each
Rushing Yards.1 for each (1 point for every 10 yards)
Rushing 2-point Conversion2 for each
Fumbles Lost-1 for each
Kickoff or Punt Return TD6 for each
Offensive Fumble Recoveries for TD6 for each
Team Defense
Sack1 for each
Interception2 for each
Fumble Recovery2 for each
Safety2 for each
Return TD (kick/punt/fumble/int)6 for each
Failed 2 point or PAT return for score2 for each
Points allowed: 012 points
Points allowed: 1-68 points
Points allowed: 7-134 points
Points allowed: 14-202 points
Points allowed: 21-271 point

Lineup Requirements (10 starters)
  • 1 Quarterback
  • 2 Running Backs
  • 2 Wide Receivers
  • 1 Tight End
  • 3 Flex Players (RB/WR/TE)
  • 1 Team Defense/Special Teams
  • 8 Bench Spots

Man. It's been decades since I did a slow draft like this. Kinda nice. Although my average draft time will be under 5 minutes. Ha ha

Man. It's been decades since I did a slow draft like this. Kinda nice. Although my average draft time will be under 5 minutes. Ha ha

Just looked up the official rules. Looks like we'd have until Aug 31 for four hours per pick; then it goes to one hour per pick... But I agree - I suspect most picks will take A LOT less than 4 hours. :)

B. Slow Draft Rules
  1. Timer: 4 hours per pick
  2. Overnight Pause from 10pm ET to 10am ET
  3. For leagues still drafting as the NFL season nears, the draft clock may be adjusted to a shorter time to accommodate all draft picks. We will communicate any draft clock changes within the Sleeper chat.
    1. For the 2024 draft season the draft clocks will be adjusted on the following dates:
      1. On August 31 at 10am ET, any "still drafting" slow drafts will have their clock change to 1 hour per pick
      2. On September 4 at 10am ET, any "still drafting" slow drafts will have their clock change to 1 minute per pick

I’m not a huge contributor to the Shark pool—but I’d be down to join a $50 league if you guys have room and need another owner. Full disclosure—I don’t have an FBG membership—so I’m not sure if that rules me out.

Thanks y'all. Yes, FBG Home Leagues DO allow trades. https://www.footballguys.com/contests/fbg-home-leagues

The FBG Bowl with it being a mega tournament does not allow trades.

There is some risk of course for collusion happening with Trades in the FBG Home Leagues but those are actively commissioned by the LeagueSafe folks and they've run those leagues for a while and have good systems in place.

And for the FBG Home Leagues product, we felt trades have such value that it was worth risking the possible downside.

So trades ARE allowed in FBG Home Leagues.

@fbghomeleagues just told me in the main Home Leagues thread that he CAN spin up a league that we can all join directly.

I’m at-ing him in this thread since I expect we’ll all want to see the questions and answers in one place.

So, @fbghomeleagues asked: what price point?

I believe we’re talking $50. right?

But my question to @fbghomeleagues is if we can still set it up as a Slow Draft, even if the timer is just 1 hour per pick. I think a live draft might rule some of us out at this late date (speaking for myself at least). What options do we have here?

Thanks so much!

Hey all!

We figured out how to "hide" leagues from the main lobby so now we can make this work.

We can set it up for whatever draft time you all want. FBG Home Leagues have been 4 hour clocks, plus a couple live ones that we added today. If you want to do 1 hour clock, we can do that! Sleeper gives 1 hour, 2 hours, 4 hours. And then slower times and faster times too.

Let me know and I will spin it up in the morning!

Jmo, but organizing a live draft while doable seems to come with some extra planning and effort and I will be traveling a bit between now and the opener. I can make arrangements and sleeper's phone app is awesome, but I prefer a slow draft. 4 hours to start, reduced to 1 hour on the 31st if we're putzing around too much works for me.

$50.
Slow draft for sure. Like the idea of 4 hours to start them reduce to 1 hour after X rounds if needed. Really depends on when the slow draft actually begins.

Hey all!

We figured out how to "hide" leagues from the main lobby so now we can make this work.

We can set it up for whatever draft time you all want. FBG Home Leagues have been 4 hour clocks, plus a couple live ones that we added today. If you want to do 1 hour clock, we can do that! Sleeper gives 1 hour, 2 hours, 4 hours. And then slower times and faster times too.

Thank you. We now have the 12 we need. Looking for a $50 entry slow-draft league. Let us know when and where to sign up!

Hey all!

Awesome. Thanks Buddy.

Users who are viewing this thread