What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Shark Pool mock draft #1 - round 3?? (2 Viewers)

Tampa Bay trades the 39th pick overall to Miami for their 2019 2nd and 3rd round selections. 

With the 39th pick the Miami Dolphins select:

Drew Lock, QB, Missouri 
I'm not commenting on your pick (since we can do anything we want) - but just a general comment on what I think Miami will do. All indications (and admittedly things can change quickly when the actual bullets are flying) are that Miami is perfectly content to tank this season and hopefully get Tua or perhaps Hebert in the 2020 draft. I doubt they would trade any assets to move up and get a QB - but we'll see. Who knows they may be creating a smokescreen and get a QB in Round 1.

I'm not commenting on your pick (since we can do anything we want) - but just a general comment on what I think Miami will do. All indications (and admittedly things can change quickly when the actual bullets are flying) are that Miami is perfectly content to tank this season and hopefully get Tua or perhaps Hebert in the 2020 draft. I doubt they would trade any assets to move up and get a QB - but we'll see. Who knows they may be creating a smokescreen and get a QB in Round 1.
I've heard some buzz that they want Kyler Murray. It's hard to trust any of this at this point since the teams, agents and media are all incentivized to lie, exaggerate, etc. 

2.16 Carolina  Panthers - we'll make McCaffery happy again.

Elgton Jenkins, Mississippi State C/G

The hope is he'll start quickly to replace the retiring Kalil.

2.17 - Tampa Bay Buccaneers - CHAUNCEY GARDNER-JOHNSON, FS Florida

2.18 - Cleveland Browns - Jeffery Simmons DT Miss St

Browns in 2020!
Was wondering when he would go.  Quite fitting place too.  They don’t seem to mind having bad character players on their squad.  

2.14 - Washington Redskins - Chris Lindstrom OG BC

No QB worth it here. 

@-OZ- up for Carolina
Thanks Andy.  Got totally clobbered with travel today.  First time I've had access to computer.

OG is the right pick.

Bruce Allen has never in TB or WAS picked a QB higher than the 5th round (unless you count the Shanny GM year where Snyder picked Griffin and Shanny picked Cousins).  It's a position Allen doesn't seem to value in the draft. 

Last edited by a moderator:
2.19 Tennessee Titans select Kelvin Harmon WR, NC State

Harmon is one of the best wide receivers in this class and is coming off his second 1,000-yard season for the Wolfpack. He has the ability to get in and out of breaks, sets up cornerbacks with his footwork, can make contested catches, and is a physical after-the-catch runner who also happens to be a willing blocker. I had a number of other guys in front of him here, but they all went off the board. I don't think Tennessee is as hot for a WR as most mock-drafters, but given how the board fell I think Harmon makes good sense as a complimentary piece to Davis and gives Mariota another target.

Harmon is one of the best wide receivers in this class and is coming off his second 1,000-yard season for the Wolfpack. He has the ability to get in and out of breaks, sets up cornerbacks with his footwork, can make contested catches, and is a physical after-the-catch runner who also happens to be a willing blocker. I had a number of other guys in front of him here, but they all went off the board. I don't think Tennessee is as hot for a WR as most mock-drafters, but given how the board fell I think Harmon makes good sense as a complimentary piece to Davis and gives Mariota another target.
What a steal. 

2.20 Pittsburgh Steelers: Amani Oruwariye, CB, Penn State

If it wasn't for the loss of Shazier , the secondary would be the biggest need....again. It seems like we do this every year. Maybe keep the local fans happy by taking the nearby Penn State star. His best asset...RED FLAGS:None.

2.20 Pittsburgh Steelers: Amani Oruwariye, CB, Penn State

If it wasn't for the loss of Shazier , the secondary would be the biggest need....again. It seems like we do this every year. Maybe keep the local fans happy by taking the nearby Penn State star. His best asset...RED FLAGS:None.
Good pick, I had him lined up for the Texans.

I like it. 

I'd prefer if the Titans sign or even traded for a reliable veteran WR (Fitz!) But Harmon should be solid.

I like it. 

I'd prefer if the Titans sign or even traded for a reliable veteran WR (Fitz!) But Harmon should be solid.
Puts a lot of pressure on MM. if he can’t lead a good offense this year, he’s got to go.

2.22 Houston Texans select - Yodney Cajuste, OT, West Virginia

While the Texans did spend a 3rd on OT Martinas Rankin last year, he was filling in at guard by the end of the season and BOB was quoted after one game saying he saw Rankin as more of a guard than a tackle. Yodney has his detractors but is looked at as fringe 1st rounder so this seems like great value here as I had a different, but less heralded OT in mind. He'll need to work on his footwork but he is athletic and quick and should have the chops to to play in zone blocking schemes, as well as get out in space as a blocker on screens. Assuming the Texans sign a LT in FA, Yodney should be able to transition over at RT where turnstile Kendall Lamm is a FA and hopefully not going to be resigned. He would also give the Texans options in case whatever FA they sign at tackle doesn't pan out.

2.23 Houston Texans select - David Montgomery, RB, Iowa St

The Texans relied heavily on their run game last year to mask their o’line deficiencies and to try and take some heat off of Watson. While Miller did perform serviceably once healthy, he is in the last year of an expensive contract and will be 29 in 2020, Alfred Blue is a waste of space and a FA, and Foreman had that Achilles injury and barely contributed this past season. Montgomery is a strong downhill runner who can bulldoze through the middle of the line, is tough to bring down and never gives up. What makes him unique is his speed and ability to bust runs outside if the middle is not open. He can also catch passes out of the backfield, making him a dual threat running back that can stay on the field for all three downs.

With back to back 2nds, it’s hard to predict what the Texans will do here. They could double up on corner like I originally intended, they could move up for a better prospect, they could move out for future resources. In a lot of ways this feels like a spot where the Texans can make a luxury pick as I feel like they’ve addressed their two main concerns and can try to make a pick for the long-term that isn’t an immediate issue. The two areas I’d say are ripe for that are: a replacement for OLB Whitney Mercilus who is in the last year of his contract and was a shell of himself last year after missing nearly all of 2017 to injury… Or they could beef up their running game for now and the future as described above.

2.26 Indianapolis selects Deebo Samuel WR S. Carolina

Colts add N'Keal Harry and Deebo to give the passing game a much needed injection of talent. 

2.17 - Tampa Bay Buccaneers - CHAUNCEY GARDNER-JOHNSON, FS Florida

2.18 - Cleveland Browns - Jeffery Simmons DT Miss St

Browns in 2020!
Any chance we can throw CGJ back in the pool and give me Deiter?  Not that it matters in our hypothetical mock draft fantasy land...  I also think Tampa is likely to sign the Honey Badger making safety much less of a need.  They already have two young safeties on the roster as well in Evans and Whitehead.

Doubling up on WR’s seems unlikely given that defense in Indy , but stranger things have happened.
They had the 11th ranked defense last year.

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?tabSeq=2&defensiveStatisticCategory=GAME_STATS&conference=ALL&role=OPP&season=2018&seasonType=REG&d-447263-s=TOTAL_YARDS_GAME_AVG&d-447263-o=1&d-447263-n=1

Any chance we can throw CGJ back in the pool and give me Deiter?  Not that it matters in our hypothetical mock draft fantasy land...  I also think Tampa is likely to sign the Honey Badger making safety much less of a need.  They already have two young safeties on the roster as well in Evans and Whitehead.
Sure, doesn't bother me.

2.25 Dallas Cowboys - Garrett Bradbury OL NC State

With questions surrounding Frederick's health and Connor Williams' ability, the Cowboys eschew reaching for d-line help and instead take a guy generating first round buzz who can help at both interior spots.

@bicycle_seat_sniffer up for chargers

2.29 - Kansas City - Erik McCoy - C/G Texas A&M

I don't think we have anyone picking for the Saints. What's a consensus pick/need?

2.4 (36) San Francisco - A.J. Brown WR Ole Miss

San Fran upgrades their WR corps to Brown, Pettis, Goodwin and helps take some attention away from Kittle. Jimmy G will eat. There are a variety of opinions on Brown, but a strong possession receiver should be his floor. Getting him in rd 2 is a win for SF here.
Assuming SF doesn't make a splash move for a WR, would love to see Brown fall into the 2nd round.  Seems like a fit with his route running being a strength.

Mack Wilson would be my other realistic choice here.  Would love to see him and Warner together.  Of course, thought the same thing last year with Foster and Warner 

2.30 - New Orleans - Chris Slayton - DL Syracuse

Dude is a fast riser here in the draft process. Impressed greatly at the E/W Shrine Game.

2.31 - Kansas City - Chauncey Gardner-Johnson DB Florida

Sort of a BPA pick here but virtually any player selected would improve that atrocious defense.

2.32 - New England - Jace Sternberger TE Texas A&M

And the fantasy community loses its collective mind...

2.30 - New Orleans - Chris Slayton - DL Syracuse

Dude is a fast riser here in the draft process. Impressed greatly at the E/W Shrine Game.

2.31 - Kansas City - Chauncey Gardner-Johnson DB Florida

Sort of a BPA pick here but virtually any player selected would improve that atrocious defense.

2.32 - New England - Jace Sternberger TE Texas A&M

And the fantasy community loses its collective mind...
Love the New England pick

Tampa acquired two picks in the 3rd!  Ready to goooooo!  Unless I'm busy and miss my chance.  In that case I'll just change the pick after the fact.  Thanks for running this, Andy!

Users who are viewing this thread