What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*** SHARK POOL SURVIVOR : WEEK 2 *** (1 Viewer)

Some people are betting against the Begals & Cards. I will continue with my anti Kelly Holcomb, strategy that guy sucks. Here is to the Browns not topping the 6 points they scored on the vaunted Colts defense.WEEK #1 The Colts againt the Browns Week #2 The Ravens against the Browns*I reserve the right to change my vote to Minnesota in a later post, however as a die hard Vikings fan of 20 years I am the official Vikings Gooch. My boys never seem to win when I bet on them. I just know that if I pick the Vikes it is the kiss of death and not only would I be eliminated but then My team would suffer a humiliating loss at the hands of the Bears. I fear for the Vikings already this game vs the Bears seems to good to be true and I am feeling anxiety about the impending doom. Oh dear God why do the Vikings taunt me so. Oh sure we are off to a great start and if it keeps up will may make the NFC championship only to have our kicker miss a chip shot and again with malicious ferocity remind me what it means to be a Vikings fan. :D

I see a whole lot of people picking teams in division rivalry games. That's dangerous: GB - Det (WRs hurt, D suspect), Min - Chi (Vikes have won 5 and 6 games the last 2 years, and D still sucks), and NYG - Dal (Parcells factor + GMen unlikely to get the TOs they had last week). I'm not saying these teams will lose, but I'm staying away.

As for those taking Seattle, no thanks taking them on the road. Not me.

A couple of folks used as their logic the Texans not being able to win 2 in a row on the road. I sorta like that thinking, but what if Carr, Johnson, Mack, Gaffney, D Davis and Co. ARE for real? QBs can mature a lot between yrs 1 and 2. Saints weren't beating anyone at the end of last year, or last week for that matter.

To me, the obvious pick is the Raiders (as if there were an obvious pick, remembering Mia - Hou). A team with a winning tradition which has a sense of urgency with their aging vets after losing last week, now playing at home, against a team with a losing tradition and a 'here we go again' mentality after losing last week, now playing on the road.

I'll take Oakland.

Last edited by a moderator:
Blue Demon picks the Vikes in Week #2.At some point the Bears are going to start playing their division foes for the second time and I'll actually have to do some thinking....

Users who are viewing this thread