What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*** SHARK POOL SURVIVOR : WEEK 2 *** (1 Viewer)

Welcome to the boards Shep. This contest is an elimination thingy so it is for those that "survived" last week.I think Falguys has a contest here that can be entered at any time (not sure though).

Can I not pick anyone???? I see this as a week of upset specials- Oh well I will go with New Orleans. This week as I was on page 17 last week with Denver. Thanks.

hope im not making a big mistake here....Pittsburg...GIG
I'm a HUGE IDIOT! I was looking at week 3 schedule where Pitt plays Cinn. Good thing I double checked it.Week 2 I am changing my pick to Buffalo.GIG

Let's walk you through this

1: Never pick a game you predict to be close - narrows me down to 10 games

2: Never pick a road team - down to 7 teams

3: Never pick a division matchup (especially NFC North) - down to 4.....

4: Never pick a team that hasn't won all year - leaves just 1 team!!!

JacobL582------SF---TB

Am I crazy for picking Tampa so early? Maybe.

But the way I see it, in a few weeks, some teams will emerge to be really good, and some to be really bad. We'll know more about that later. So for now, I'm playing it safe.

JacobL582------SF---TB

But the way I see it, in a few weeks, some teams will emerge to be really good, and some to be really bad. We'll know more about that later. So for now, I'm playing it safe.
Though "never" is something I don't subscribe to, I generally agree with your first 3 assertions (see my commentary and pick of the Raiders earlier). However, assertion #4 is pretty meaningless for week 2 of the season.BTW, you might note that TB/Car is a division matchup.

I guess you have no picks this week. *LOL*

JacobL582------SF---TB

Though "never" is something I don't subscribe to, I generally agree with your first 3 assertions (see my commentary and pick of the Raiders earlier). However, assertion #4 is pretty meaningless for week 2 of the season.BTW, you might note that TB/Car is a division matchup.

arghhhh.....i guess i missed that one.

so i'll change my pick to..... oh nevermind. screw the rules. anyone see that article in ESPB the Mag about how no one can win the Super Bowl? Yeah that's kinda how I feel now.

and to defend #4, I think that applies even in week 2 (but certainly not 1) because I don't want to pick a team that I haven't seen any evidence of goodness yet....

Oh well

Jacob

1:  Never pick a game you predict to be close - narrows me down to 10 games

2:  Never pick a road team - down to 7 teams

3:  Never pick a division matchup (especially NFC North) - down to 4.....

4:  Never pick a team that hasn't won all year - leaves just 1 team!!!

JacobL582------SF---TB

Am I crazy for picking Tampa so early?  Maybe.

But the way I see it, in a few weeks, some teams will emerge to be really good, and some to be really bad.  We'll know more about that later.  So for now, I'm playing it safe.

arghhhh.....i guess i missed that one.

so i'll change my pick to..... oh nevermind. screw the rules. anyone see that article in ESPB the Mag about how no one can win the Super Bowl? Yeah that's kinda how I feel now.

and to defend #4, I think that applies even in week 2 (but certainly not 1) because I don't want to pick a team that I haven't seen any evidence of goodness yet....

Oh well

Jacob
Just pick the Raiders and be happy. Then we can wave goodbye together at the busload of Viking folks after Kordell has one of his once a year shockingly good games.

I'll take the Saints. No way Houston can win two on the road in a row.......Week 1- Detroit

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread