What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

So you think you're a Draft Guru? (1 Viewer)

braven112

Footballguy
If you're looking to show off your draft skills this is a league you will enjoy.

League Fee: $0

League Prize: 8 Free 2009 league from MyFantasyLeague.com will be won

Draftmaster Homepage

Register Here!!

Here is the basic premise: owners will draft their team and that is it. After that its out of your hands. We will use WCOFF scoring and starting lineup requirements. Teams will draft a 25 man roster and the computer will automatically set the best possible lineup every week. Teams will be placed into 3, 4 team divisions and play each division opponent 2 times and everyone else once. 4 teams make the playoffs. Wild Card is awarded to the team with the most points not already in. Week 16 championship game.

There will be at least 6, 12 team leagues; one league will be considered the Premier League (Expert's League) and the other(s) will be feeder leagues set up similar to most European soccer leagues, otherwise known as a pyramid or ladder leagues. Top 4 from the top lower division will be promoted to the Premier League and the bottom four will be demoted to the lower division. So this should be a great test to see who the best drafters are out their, year in and year out.

This is our second season so all newcomers will get a chance to compete against other new owners for a chance to move up the ranks and one day join the Premier League. Last year we had 48 teams in the draftmaster leagues and we are expanding to at least 72 for the 2008 season.

League Rules

Since the goal of this event is to create a sort of "peoples" expert league. The only requirement is that you must be willing to write a short evaluation of your draft strategy after the draft, why you picked your players and where you felt like you got the most value, and so on for each pick. I set up special forums just for this purpose so you'll have a chance to read each teams strategy after the draft as well as an oppurtunity to critique each owners strategy.

I designed this league so that even those with multiple leagues can play as it doesn't require any work during the season and should be a great way to show off your skills.

If you are interested register and post below I'll be adding additional leagues as demand requires:

BTW if you don't or haven't posted much at FBG please post another forum where you do post a lot. Everyone will be added to the waiting list initially and one factor that will help getting in will be message board activity. If you have any other experience (fantasy or non-fantasy) that you think would help let me know that as well!!

Still looking for some more teams!! We have over 50 teams signed up so far and we're looking to end up with around 72

I'd be interested in joining. I registered on the site.
Just registered on the site--hope there's room me.I ended in the TOP 25% of JAYBEBO's "survivor marathon" 2 years ago on XPERTS.Will contact by buddy, LCHawk, who WON it.Thanks for offering this "replacement" -- in an even better format,I think.

I just registered. Hopefully you still have some spots open. Im in another larger league with 64 teams, but I love the idea of the ladder concept. Sounds like fun.

We are looking for just a few more owners to fill out the 72 team field.
I registered, but didnt see my name. Just want to make sure Im in. Thanks!!ETA - Nevermind. I see it. Missed the second page :thumbup:

Last edited by a moderator:
We still have a couple potential openings left. If you don't get into the draftmaster league you'll put yourself first on the waiting list for any Auctionmaster openings.

Users who are viewing this thread