What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Stacking in 2QB redraft league (1 Viewer)

Shady Commish19

Footballguy
Hi All  -

I know stacking QB and WR is vital in DFS and Best Ball. However, would you consider stacking in a 10 team, 2QB standard scoring Yahoo league?

Last year I went Allen and Brady in the first two rounds and came back with Gibson (ouch), AJ Brown (ouch) and Swift in rounds 3 through 5. I had no shot at Diggs, but should I have been looking at Evans to stack with Brady or is a 10 team league too shallow to consider worrying about stacking?

Alternatively should I just go best player available and look to stack cheaply with my third QB?

Thanks

I wouldn't either pursue a stack or purposely stay away from a stack.  If the WR is the highest ranked guy at your pick then pick  him.  I don't worry about the stack one way or the other.  Especially early on.  Just take BPA.   Basically don't force a stack for stacks sake if there are better WR's out there. Points are your goal so take the player you think is going to score more points.  

Fair point and that's how I always looked at it. But if you are looking at two guys at a fairly similar ADP ~ say Evans and Tyreek and you have Tom Brady already....does it pay off in redraft to go Evans? Seems people online are split on its effectiveness in redraft.

Fair point and that's how I always looked at it. But if you are looking at two guys at a fairly similar ADP ~ say Evans and Tyreek and you have Tom Brady already....does it pay off in redraft to go Evans? Seems people online are split on its effectiveness in redraft.
I will go this way then.  If you have a team that is full of boom/bust guys already then I probably want a little more stable play so it would push me away from the stack.  If had a fairly high consistent floor type team then I would go with the stack.    This is for a dead heat on my opinions of two players in consideration.  For your example, I have Evans quite a bit higher than Tyreek in a redraft so Evans would be the easy choice for me regardless of whether or not I had Brady.  

Gally said:
I wouldn't either pursue a stack or purposely stay away from a stack.  If the WR is the highest ranked guy at your pick then pick  him.  I don't worry about the stack one way or the other.  Especially early on.  Just take BPA.   Basically don't force a stack for stacks sake if there are better WR's out there. Points are your goal so take the player you think is going to score more points.  
I agree with all of this, with the addition that in a redraft league, you're typically facing just one opponent, as opposed to a best ball or DFS where you're trying to outscore the entire field.  So there is less need to chase the potential boom/bust nature of a stack.

Hi All  -

I know stacking QB and WR is vital in DFS and Best Ball. However, would you consider stacking in a 10 team, 2QB standard scoring Yahoo league?

Last year I went Allen and Brady in the first two rounds and came back with Gibson (ouch), AJ Brown (ouch) and Swift in rounds 3 through 5. I had no shot at Diggs, but should I have been looking at Evans to stack with Brady or is a 10 team league too shallow to consider worrying about stacking?

Alternatively should I just go best player available and look to stack cheaply with my third QB?

Thanks
I like stacking for consistency. I try to do it when possible but don't sweat it if I have a top receiving option.  In dynasty it's easier to build long term.  Or for 2-3 yay windows during player contracts. I had Watson and Hopkins in Houston.   I know it's important to get top QB play in 2QB leagues. 

Consider who is getable. TUA &Waddle? LJAX Bateman? Lance and Kittle? Dak Lamb, 

You don't want to rely on boom bust players. You'll go crazy.  But boom players that can go off as WR3 flex etc are pretty fun.  

See if you can get Cousins Jefferson burrows Chase. I guess make some lists of tandems you like regardless of it's WR RB TE. I try to avoid having 3 players on one team for bye week scenarios. I don't want my drop off to be too significant. Or ... I eat the loss and have Bye week with most players out but stronger most weeks. 

Good luck

Users who are viewing this thread