What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Star Wars: Jedi Fallen Order video game (1 Viewer)

tommyboy

Footballguy
When my son, now 13, was younger he really loved the Lego Star Wars games on the Xbox.

Since he's recently getting bored with all of his shoot em up games, during Christmas I bought this game for him. I was nervous it would be stupid or boring because it wasn't getting the buzz. Turns out it's amazing.  Only complaints would be single player and it's a little too short to achieve all the objectives.

It's about a Jedi in hiding, 5 years after Order 66. The empire finds him and that's where the game takes off. You end up in a giant puzzle covering several planets, battles, and artifacts to discover. 

If you haven't seen it. Give it a look. We both finished the game in 3-4 weeks, but it's the type of game you can play over and over. Really well done.

I miss the days when a game being single player wasn't a complaint.  I hate getting hyped up for a game and then reading it's a co-op game.  Kills it instantly for me.  The slow death of the single player campaign saddens me greatly.  I would totally check this out if it was on the Switch.  

The only reason I see that as a slight negative is that it would fun to have one on one Jedi battles. They could add that as an arcade option without screwing with the game play. The way the puzzle works you couldn't really do multiplayer in this game

The only reason I see that as a slight negative is that it would fun to have one on one Jedi battles. They could add that as an arcade option without screwing with the game play. The way the puzzle works you couldn't really do multiplayer in this game
They have that in Battlefront 2 though. Or I think they rereleased Jedi Academy on Xbox game pass and that has online Jedi duels. 

I have to get back to the game. The story is great so far. The combat is very Dark Soulsian. Which is a bit of a turn off for me. That's where you clear an area, go to the campfire to heal up and save your xp.  Then all the enemies come back. Also you have to time your parries perfectly. Not too soon and definitely not a second late or you get hit, a lot. If you die you have to hit the guy that killed you to get your built up xp back or it's gone forever if you die again. Basically Star Wars: Dark Souls. It's a bit of a grind in areas and the dungeon parts are a tad boring. I just keep pushing through though because it's new Star Wars story content at an interesting part of the timeline. 

Last edited by a moderator:
They have that in Battlefront 2 though. Or I think they rereleased Jedi Academy on Xbox game pass and that has online Jedi duels. 
It’s probably been 15 years since I played those games, but they had awesome lightsaber combat (better than Battlefront). 

It’s probably been 15 years since I played those games, but they had awesome lightsaber combat (better than Battlefront). 
Yea Jedi Knight 2 and Jedi Academy were awesome. And the story was amazing. The whole Dark Forces series really. Loved it. Kyle Katarn is the man.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yea Jedi Knight 2 and Jedi Academy were awesome. And the story was amazing. The whole Dark Forces series really. Loved it. Kyle Katarn is the man.
I DL Jedi Academy 2 for PS4. It is available on the PSN store. I got it dirt cheap during the holiday sale. Going to play that again. Also got Dark Forces (from PS1) which I loved. The stories were great. And the gameplay was fun.

I picked up Fallen Order last night (arrives today love you Amazon) for $40. My almost 15 year old son will be getting the first play through. I will play it after he is done with it. 

I have to get back to the game. The story is great so far. The combat is very Dark Soulsian. Which is a bit of a turn off for me. That's where you clear an area, go to the campfire to heal up and save your xp.  Then all the enemies come back. Also you have to time your parries perfectly. Not too soon and definitely not a second late or you get hit, a lot. If you die you have to hit the guy that killed you to get your built up xp back or it's gone forever if you die again. Basically Star Wars: Dark Souls. It's a bit of a grind in areas and the dungeon parts are a tad boring. I just keep pushing through though because it's new Star Wars story content at an interesting part of the timeline. 
The ending is well worth the effort. 

Remember how awesome KOTOR was and how everyone loved it universally?  

Why hasn't there been a follow up to that game?  I'd play the hell out of that.

KOTOR 2 was really good except for a rushed ending. Worth your time if you haven’t played it. 

That seems to go back to the mismanagement of the IP. When EA got the license for Star Wars all they came out with was battlefront. It didn't affect the story and allowed all of the fan favorite characters to come in and wreck things in the battles. 

Studios pitched ideas for story driven games around the time TFA was in production but they were not approved because they didn't know what the storyline was going to be for the new trilogy. Also they threw out of a lot of the EU stuff for both the books and games. KOTOR was kind of in that mix even though it was thousands of years before the main plot of Star Wars. 

Now that the dust has settled, maybe KOTOR 3 can happen. EA does own Bioware (made the first 2 KOTOR games). Unfortunately Bioware is a mess these days. So who knows.

Users who are viewing this thread