What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Steelers @ 49ers Game Thread (1 Viewer)

Wonder if the Steelers will sit Ben next week. I think they should - even as a Wild Card, they are still a legit Super Bowl contender with him healthy. Without, not so much.
I kind of agree with this, except- if the Ravens lose again, the Steelers could still win the division, and get a bye. So I'm not sure.

another horrible call. at least they aren't responsible for the outcome of the game.

but why the hell is ben still in there?

NFC up 31-29 over AFC so far in 2011 with four games to go. NFC hasn't done better than a split with AFC since 1995. Between this and the past two Super Bowls going to NFC teams, it looks like a power shift is underway to a new NFC era after the AFC mostly dominated from 2000-2008 (7 of 9 Super Bowls to AFC in that span).

Wonder if the Steelers will sit Ben next week. I think they should - even as a Wild Card, they are still a legit Super Bowl contender with him healthy. Without, not so much.
I kind of agree with this, except- if the Ravens lose again, the Steelers could still win the division, and get a bye. So I'm not sure.
They'd still be a 3 seed, so no bye.
The TJ Yates Texans cant lose another game??!?!

The TJ Yates Texans cant lose another game??!?!
Yeah, I suppose they could. Good point.

It's comical hearing Steelers fans cry about officiating. If they had EVERY questionable call go against them for the next decade they would still be ahead of the game.

After seeing that interception, I always wondered if a player intercepted the ball at the one yard line but run into the endzone trying to return it and gets tackled in the endzone. Is that a safety?

In theory, Houston is still allowed to lose again, but barring a Houston loss, that's the best the Steelers could finish.Most likely, this was their chance at the #1. And they just weren't good enough tonight. It happens.The more important statistic is that the past six Super Bowl champions have been #6, #3, #5, #2, #1 and #6 by seed.

It's comical hearing Steelers fans cry about officiating. If they had EVERY questionable call go against them for the next decade they would still be ahead of the game.
You're right. It's widely known that the Steelers have not won a game without help from the officials for roughly 47 years.

You're right. It's widely known that the Steelers have not won a game without help from the officials for roughly 47 years.
Actually, the pleasant surprise is that we made it 56 minutes into the game without such obvious crap being dropped in here.

Actually, the pleasant surprise is that we made it 56 minutes into the game without such obvious crap being dropped in here.
My cue to leave. Well done, 49ers. Good night! :banned:

Came into this week thinking that the Steelers and Ravens were the top 2 teams in the AFC and that one of em would make it to the SB. Now I'm not so sure.

Who looked worse this week: the Ravens or the Steelers?
Steelers had key players missing/injured. Gotta say the Ravens looked worse.
:lmao:
They lost by 20. You thought they looked good doing that?
Every team has injuries, not just yours.
So what key injuries did the Ravens have this week?
Does it matter when the Ravens whooped that ### 2x this year head to head??... :unsure:

Does it matter when the Ravens whooped that ### 2x this year head to head??... :unsure:
Pretty sure the question was about this week, but maybe my computer screen is broken.

Pretty sure the question was about this week, but maybe my computer screen is broken.
Sarcasm will get you know where... Just trying to comment on the big scheme of things. But the Steelers obviously didnt want it this week.. just like Baltimore.

The verdict is...both Ravens and Steelers both played like poopies this week. Any argument about which was stinkier is such a waste of time, I can't think of anything more worthless.

Getting the game winning TD with like 10 seconds left = an ### whooping these days?! :lmao:

Don't know. I dont follow the ravens enough to guess. Granted, their qb can walk, but I'm sure they are banged up as well.

Thanks for sucking balls Pitt! Made some money on SF/Under, and I advance to the finals since Pitt DST could not muster 3 points. :lmao: :moneybag:

Last edited by a moderator:
Getting the game winning TD with like 10 seconds left = an ### whooping these days?! :lmao:
that beat down week 1 counts as 2. :lol:

that beat down week 1 counts as 2. :lol:
So the Ravens have beaten the Steelers 3 times this year already? Interesting. I guess that bodes well for Pittsburgh's chances in the playoffs since its impossible to beat a team 4 times in 1 year. :banned:

Users who are viewing this thread