What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Steelers' dominance yesterday.... (1 Viewer)

Fumbleweed

Footballguy
I think the Colts probably deserve at least a mention this week as last week, everyone in the media was ripping them for playing such a poor game. It now appears that the Steelers have just raised their level of play so much in the past 7 weeks, that they're just the better team. Hence, the Colts didn't "choke"....just lost to the better, hotter team. Maybe the Colts actually played pretty well last week and maybe Manning helped lead a valiant comeback. It's just a thought......

Agree and disagree. It's very obvious that Pittsburgh is not only good but is currently on a roll. They're very dangerous right now on both sides of the ball. To say Indy choked and Pittsburg was lucky is absurd. Yet, the Indy supporters have been pointing at an improved D and getting homefield advantage to get them over the hump. Both were there but the results were very similar to past years...they were beaten up during a big game. Indy is looking more and more like the Dan Fouts Chargers. A very good regular season team that just isn't built to go the distance once playoff football begins.

Good analysis, Boston. I think you may be right....I just think most people felt the Colts played poorly last weekend, and I don't think that was the case. They lost a close game in the closing seconds to a team that was also a very good team.

Agree and disagree. It's very obvious that Pittsburgh is not only good but is currently on a roll. They're very dangerous right now on both sides of the ball. To say Indy choked and Pittsburg was lucky is absurd. Yet, the Indy supporters have been pointing at an improved D and getting homefield advantage to get them over the hump. Both were there but the results were very similar to past years...they were beaten up during a big game. Indy is looking more and more like the Dan Fouts Chargers. A very good regular season team that just isn't built to go the distance once playoff football begins.
You are Boston from FFToday also, correct? If so, good to see you around, old friend. I have enjoyed posting over here while the forums at FFToday are down...seems like a good place overall. How are you doing?

Agree and disagree.  It's very obvious that Pittsburgh is not only good but is currently on a roll.  They're very dangerous right now on both sides of the ball.  To say Indy choked and Pittsburg was lucky is absurd.  Yet, the Indy supporters have been pointing at an improved D and getting homefield advantage to get them over the hump.  Both were there but the results were very similar to past years...they were beaten up during a big game.  Indy is looking more and more like the Dan Fouts Chargers.  A very good regular season team that just isn't built to go the distance once playoff football begins.
You are Boston from FFToday also, correct? If so, good to see you around, old friend. I have enjoyed posting over here while the forums at FFToday are down...seems like a good place overall. How are you doing?
Doing well Fumble although the Pats loss last week is still stinging a little. Keeping busy with the wife, kids and work. Nothing too crazy going on which isn't a bad thing at all. How are you? So far so good here...it's a little differet than FFT but that's not a bad thing.

Good analysis, Boston. I think you may be right....I just think most people felt the Colts played poorly last weekend, and I don't think that was the case. They lost a close game in the closing seconds to a team that was also a very good team.
If the refs get the INT call correct, the game actually isnt that close.

Agree and disagree.  It's very obvious that Pittsburgh is not only good but is currently on a roll.  They're very dangerous right now on both sides of the ball.  To say Indy choked and Pittsburg was lucky is absurd.  Yet, the Indy supporters have been pointing at an improved D and getting homefield advantage to get them over the hump.  Both were there but the results were very similar to past years...they were beaten up during a big game.  Indy is looking more and more like the Dan Fouts Chargers.  A very good regular season team that just isn't built to go the distance once playoff football begins.
Doing well Fumble although the Pats loss last week is still stinging a little. Keeping busy with the wife, kids and work. Nothing too crazy going on which isn't a bad thing at all. How are you? So far so good here...it's a little differet than FFT but that's not a bad thing.
I'm good. I miss not knowing the people over here, but the discussion has been quite good. I'm busy with family and stuff, too. I have 3 kids ages 6 and under, so that tells the tale of my life right there......... :)

If the refs get the INT call correct, the game actually isnt that close.
This is the correct answer.The Steelers dominated that game, much, much more than the final score showed.

Same thing happened last year, when New England blew them away by a 20-3 score that wasn't nearly as close as the score would indicate. The Colts simply do not come through in the playoffs. Is that because New England and Pittsburgh were/are that great, or is it because the Colts just don't come through when it counts? Probably a combination of the two.

The Stillers are playing unbelievably well right now. I thought the drive for the second TD yesterday served clear notice to the Broncos that their offense would not be stopped (again).Ravens homer here so it pains me to say this, but it is looking more and more like the Colts ran into a buzzsaw for which they (and everybody else) were unprepared.

Users who are viewing this thread