What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Steelers Win Was A Complete Team Effort (1 Viewer)

Bloom

You'll see a lot of press about Big Ben and Porter, but the Steelers won yesterday because EVERYONE brought their A game. Many steeler role players stepped it up big time:Chidi Iwuoma with big and almost big plays on special teams.Nate Washington with a big 3rd down catch on the first scoring drive and a huge breakup of a possible INT later on the drive to preserve the scoring chance.Brett Keisel with the sack/forced fumble that salted the game away and consistent pressure all day. Someone will make him a starter in free agency.Clark Haggans, the other Steeler OLB from Colorado State getting great pressure all day.Verron Haynes with incredible determination to get a first down in the red zone to set up the TD that opened up the lead to 14.and Cedrick Wilson, how many great things can you say about this guy? He just ran perfect routes and showed dependable hands all day. Does anyone still think that we miss Plaxico?Im proud of the Steelers on so many levels, but most of all proud of the TEAM effort. Every guy played every play like their career was on the line. :towelwave:

AMEN.

Now we need to put it all together one more time. Hate to count the chickens early, but I don't think any NFC team matches up well with the Steelers.

Lookin' Good!

:towelwave: :towelwave: :towelwave: :towelwave: :towelwave:

Normally, I'm not a big fan of the 2-week layoff until the Super Bowl, but if anyone needs a little rest, it's the Steelers. Yes, they're on a serious roll right now, but I'll bet their happy to get an extra week of rest before layin' a hurt on Seattle. I can't wait!GO STEELERS!!! :football:

Brett Keisel with the sack/forced fumble that salted the game away and consistent pressure all day. Someone will make him a starter in free agency.
I believe he is one of our biggest off-season concerns coming up, for I also think he is being groomed to be the heir to Kimo's DE throne.none the less -- WHAT A BEAUTIFUL GAME!

Brett Keisel with the sack/forced fumble that salted the game away and consistent pressure all day. Someone will make him a starter in free agency.
I believe he is one of our biggest off-season concerns coming up, for I also think he is being groomed to be the heir to Kimo's DE throne.none the less -- WHAT A BEAUTIFUL GAME!
that someone could be the steelers too, however the past shows us that everyone is willing to overpay for steeler defensive players. the list of standout guys for the steelers that did not live up to their big contracts elsewhere is very very long.

that someone could be the steelers too, however the past shows us that everyone is willing to overpay for steeler defensive players. the list of standout guys for the steelers that did not live up to their big contracts elsewhere is very very long.
And then there is Mike Vrabel.

:yes: i think kendrick clancy, rodney bailey, and even alonzo jackson top that list in recent years.

i just really see keisel as a starter for the steelers, he is huge, quick, very tenacious and all round powerful guy. definitely the mentality that the steelers possess and encourage. if we somehow retain him in the offseason, i see him starting within the next 2 seasons, much like a clark haggans situation.

but keisel aside, every single player did have a hand in this victory, especially the cowher and the coaching staff for calling a flawless gameplan.

GO STEELERS! Its going to be a good game vs. Seattle.

:towelwave:

And then there is Mike Vrabel.
Not really a 'Steelers' type linebacker, he was more of DE than a LB for the steelers, primarily used as a special teamer. Not as speedy as the current Steelers LB. But that was definitely a good example of a steelers backup making it big somewhere :thumbup: good observation Borat.

Jeff Reed's field goal from 47 yards to start the scoring was big. The Steelers wanted to get on the board first and he got the mo going in their direction. Reed's 42 yard FG to open the 4th quarter made it a three score game. Neither of those kicks was a gimme, clutch kicks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jeff Reed's field goal from 47 yards to start the scoring was big. The Steelers wanted to get on the board first and he got the mo going in their direction. Reed's 42 yard FG to open the 4th quarter made it a three score game. Neither of those kicks was a gimme, clutch kicks.
:)

Especially considering they nearly turned the ball over on three separate occasions during that first drive. That's all I could think about after they scored. ... how they turned 3 near turnovers into 3 points. I knew then it was going to be a :towelwave: day.

Users who are viewing this thread