What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Subcriptions - how to set it to NOT auto-renew (1 Viewer)

Spike

Footballguy
Good morning.

I just renewed my subscription (actually updated to "Elite") but the fine print stated my subscription would auto-renew in one year.

I do not want it to auto-renew. (Just something I do not prefer to do with anything.)

How can I accomplish this?

Thanks, Mike.

Good morning.

I just renewed my subscription (actually updated to "Elite") but the fine print stated my subscription would auto-renew in one year.

I do not want it to auto-renew. (Just something I do not prefer to do with anything.)

Thanks, Mike.
I set a reminder on my phone for a week before it auto renews and cancel it. For most streaming type services, you cancel right after you sign up for whatever period of time you sign up for and it will cancel whenever your subscription is up. Not sure what you signed up for but you paid for it, they have your money for the service to cover a year, cancel it now and it should tell you something like "your subscription will automatically end on 03/22/2025".

Good morning.

Thanks, Mike.
I set a reminder on my phone for a week before it auto renews and cancel it. For most streaming type services, you cancel right after you sign up for whatever period of time you sign up for and it will cancel whenever your subscription is up. Not sure what you signed up for but you paid for it, they have your money for the service to cover a year, cancel it now and it should tell you something like "your subscription will automatically end on 03/22/2025".
Exactly what I do. Calendar reminders on phone are my way of functioning.

Good morning.

Thanks, Mike.
Exactly what I do. Calendar reminders on phone are my way of functioning.
From chasing you around on some threads I think we are in the same age group or close. Once I discovered this years ago it was a game changer. Try to tell my wife and kids they need to do it and they look at me sideways :shrug:

Not sure if it's a Boomer thing or we're just incredibly intelligent?

Guys, lots of good points.

Something I saw right before I sent my payment was there WAS a way/place to take my account off auto-renewal. Maybe I was misled. That would be disappointing.

Can't you just cancel it now? You get the service for as long as you paid for it and it just won't renew. I do this with amazon and streaming services.

Users who are viewing this thread