What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Sunday AM Notes Week 16 (1 Viewer)

Jene Bramel

Footballguy
http://subscribers.footballguys.com/apps/article.php?article=14bramel_sundayAM_idp_16

EARLY GAMES
Atlanta at New Orleans

William Moore was limited in practice on Thursday and Friday. The Falcons haven't updated his status, but he looks more likely to play than not. Kemal Ishmael will still see lots of snaps today. How much will depend on whether Moore is ready to start and play full time. With luck, we'll get a note from the Atlanta beat on what the lineup card has to say when inactives are released.

There's been more rotation in the linebacker group for New Orleans lately, as they've begun using a dime package without Curtis Lofton. Those snaps are rare and I wouldn't fear using Lofton today. Kenny Vaccaro was back in the lineup full time last week after a first quarter injury to replacement Marcus Bell. I think we'll see Vaccaro back playing every down today, but I wouldn't trust him.

Baltimore at Houston

The Ravens have no expected depth chart changes today. It's a good spot to use Terrell Suggs and Elvis Dumervil as high upside plays if you're an underdog in a sack-heavy scoring system.

Mike Mohammed will not play with a concussion today. That will put both Akeem Dent and Brian Cushing on the field more, but I don't think I'd trust either of them. Whitney Mercilus should return from a back injury that held him out last week.

Cleveland at Carolina

Karlos Dansby is recovering slowly from his knee injury and there was talk this week the Browns could shut him down. He's listed questionable. Craig Robertson remains a safe LB3 option, but be aware the Carolina stat crew is among the most assist-heavy crews in the league. Tashaun Gipson was placed on injured reserve this week with the knee injury that has kept him out of action this month. Jim Leonhard continues to be a solid DB3+ in his absence. Joe Haden is a game time decision with a shoulder injury.

The Panthers are healthy. Charles Johnson is on the opposite side of the line from Joe Thomas and is safe to use as a matchup play today. Thomas Davis has been fighting a nagging knee issue, but fully practiced this week.

With Moore active, would you say Ishmael is certainly no longer a "must-start"? In other words, I have him in multiple leagues, but have decent options in all of them. Jim Leonhard in one, Dawan Landry, etc.

Leaning towards benching him, just because I really can't take the chance that he sees 50% (or less) of the snaps.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dansby was disappointing before the injury w/ few bright spots. He will be slower to react/commit, I'm going Robertson

Users who are viewing this thread