What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Superflex Non-PPR leagues (1 Viewer)

Goooals

Footballguy
I'm joining a new 10-team Superflex Non-PPR league. I've played SF before and understand draft strategies and the values of QB's and RB's. I also knew the tendencies of my league mates where I don't have that advantage in this new league.

I'm a big believer in having a draft strategy, but also taking extreme value if it falls to you. With that, and the abundance of RB 2's in the draft this year. does it pay to "potentially" zag and load up on 2 quality QB's and WR's in the early rounds and hit the RB market hard in rounds 5-8. There are obviously many variations to this in where you can take a hero RB and WR plus 2 QB's in the first 4 rounds, then load up on RB and WR's in 5-10. My feeling is that there are plenty of WR's in a non-ppr to pick from later in the draft.

Of course, I am probably over thinking this and should just go with my 2QB's and 2RB's in the first 4 rounds which has won me several championships in the past.

Thoughts? And go........

Don't lock yourself into positions. You lose out on potential value and guys that slip that shouldn't. Make a combined draft board and trust it. Take the top guy on your board and don't force a position because you have to have "2 QB's and 2 RB's" after four rounds.

Bumping this topic to the top as I now how pick 5 in a non-ppr superflex league. Looking at previous drafts, RB's are heavily targeted in 1 with the exception of the elite QB's. With that and looking at mocks and draft results, I seem to like my team better if I can get one of the top 3 QB's at 5 (assuming 1 is available) and follow up with an RB1 in round 2. I have 8 top RB's on my board now that Jacobs is back and I'm hoping one of them falls to me in round 2. If not, I take the value in a top 5 WR or even another QB if one of the top 8 fall.

To put it simply, I am looking at a potential difference of Mahomes, Allen or Hurts paired with Jacobs, Pollard, Henry or:

Ekeler, chubb or Robinson paired with Herbert, Fields, Jackson or Fields

Thoughts or other strategies?

Do you really think those QB's make it to you in your scenario? I would he surprised if any of those top 3 QB's make it to 1.05 and you might be lucky to have the next group make it Mack to 2.XX from that spot.

Users who are viewing this thread