What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Thank Goodness this is it for ESPN SNF (1 Viewer)

GRIDIRON ASSASSIN

Footballguy
I've got the game on for background noise right now.So far I've learned that:A) Marshall Faulk is the SMARTEST PLAYER EVER TO PLAY IN THE NFLB) Bledsoe's movement in the pocket is 'Marino-esque'WTF!?!?!?Somebody get these freakazoids some cement boots as retirement gifts.I can only envision how bad ESPN's MNF is gonna be with Al Michael and Joe Theisman.

Odds are I will be dead wrong, but I think Theisman will be much better once he gets away from that ESPN crew. Plus, Michaels is not really one to constantly gush over players, so maybe knowing that, Theisman will tone down his hyperbole. I can dream, can't I?

Just out of curiosity does anyone have a list of all the RB's that this crew compared to Barry Sanders over the years.

Odds are I will be dead wrong, but I think Theisman will be much better once he gets away from that ESPN crew.
let's hope so. NO McGuire will be a godsend, and perhaps by week 3, when Michaels turns to Joe at the first break and says: "you know, not every QB can be the best QB in the league...", Joe will get it.

B) Bledsoe's movement in the pocket is 'Marino-esque'
I heard this and thought, "this is the dumbest thing I've ever heard, " but then I remember them saying that Jim Haslett should have been named Coach of the Year, too, and thought, "never mind!"

I have mostly enjoyed these guys because they are different. They are not typical of other announcer teams and I've enjoyed that. They might be the most consistent team out there.

Just when you thought these clowns couldn't get any worse, they stick Summerall up there with them.What is that all about?Was he wandering around the stadium and just came into the booth?

I've got the game on for background noise right now.

So far I've learned that:

A) Marshall Faulk is the SMARTEST PLAYER EVER TO PLAY IN THE NFL
He's the only player in the NFL who knows the truth about the moon landings.

They're typical, and the worst, of the crews that spend all their time talking about things that aren't the game. I mean, they start their goodbyes 4 minutes into the 3rd quarter. And then when they're done, Maguire spends a bunch of time explaining why they're thanking everyone. Meanwhile there's a damn game still on. All crews need to spend more time calling the game and less on the peripheral crap. And the worst part about it is that at the end of the 4th quarter, they'll gush and cry all over again. Worst Crew Ever!!!!

Just out of curiosity does anyone have a list of all the RB's that this crew compared to Barry Sanders over the years.
Yeah, it's here.I thought Thiesmann went downhill when they added Maguire to the booth. The first season was painful listening to them bicker. They've since made their peace but they do always seem to be competing with each other.

Thiesmann's a good analyst if you leave him alone to do the job. I'm also a fan of Patrick who is solid. Maguire simply drives me nuts with his asinine proclamations.

Just when you thought these clowns couldn't get any worse, they stick Summerall up there with them.

What is that all about?

Was he wandering around the stadium and just came into the booth?
Oh wow. I just spit lemonade all over my floor after I read that.

I know they said Patrick wont be calling any NFL games from now on, but what about McGuire? Wasnt he on NBC back in the day as an analyst? And what becomes of Suzy Kolber?

I bet come this time next year, you guys are REALLY going to be missing Madden on MNF.
Not me. The only thing good about Madden at this point is he gives Frank Caliendo material.

I like these guys.  :(
Based on the quality of your posts in this forum, I can believe that!
I read some wise words somewhere once: "Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level then beat you with experience."Now where did I read that . . . ? :confused:

A) Marshall Faulk is the SMARTEST PLAYER EVER TO PLAY IN THE NFL

B) Bledsoe's movement in the pocket is 'Marino-esque'

WTF!?!?!?

Somebody get these freakazoids some cement boots as retirement gifts.

I can only envision how bad ESPN's MNF is gonna be with Al Michael and Joe Theisman.
I imagine if you're Paul McGuire, everyone looks like the smartest player in the NFL.

A)  Marshall Faulk is the SMARTEST PLAYER EVER TO PLAY IN THE NFL

B)  Bledsoe's movement in the pocket is 'Marino-esque'

WTF!?!?!?

I can only envision how bad ESPN's MNF is gonna be with Al Michael and Joe Theisman.
I imagine if you're Paul McGuire, everyone looks like the smartest player in the NFL.
I think Mike Patrick was the won yakking out that audio vomit.

WTF!?!?!?

I think Mike Patrick was the won yakking out that audio vomit.
:bag:

I'm just amazed anyone is still arond that doesn't have those game on mute. What, y'all just learned how annoying/worthless those guys are?Spend less time w/the goats grid. ;)

WTF!?!?!?

Nice Point. Maybe Mo Clarett should be allowed back in the league somehow to salvage his ego. Oh, Mo's in jail. Oh well. I guess we're back to looking for a guy that scores a 2 on his Wonderlic exam.

Just when you thought these clowns couldn't get any worse, they stick Summerall up there with them.

What is that all about?

Was he wandering around the stadium and just came into the booth?
Hey, at least Summerall was good once. Even now, I'd rather listen to him than the 3 assclowns.

I'm going to miss the "folks, I want you to watch his feet".
:goodposting:
"They just keep moving!"
You always just wanted to say to them, "Yeah. They're professional football players, they're supposed to do that. If many of these guys weren't playing pro ball, they'd be running track."Well look at that, he's fast. Wow, look at him move his feet fast again. It was kind of like that trick you play with your dog. You have a ball. You throw it to him. He brings it back. You fake throwing it to him again. The dog is mystified. You fake again. WOW! Look at the fake he put on that dog! Let me tell you something! He fakes that dog out! Watch his arm! He FAKES like his arm is moving! Look at that dog! Look at him look for that ball!

2nd Down with the assclowns in the booth.

WOW! LOOK AT THAT DOG! LOOK AT THAT DOG LOOK FOR THE BALL. WATCH HIS ARM! WATCH HIM FAKE LIKE HE'S THROWING THE BALL!

3RD DOWN WITH THE ASSCLOWNS! WATCH THIS FAKE! LOOK AT THAT DOG!

:wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall:

LOOK AT THAT DOG! WATCH HIS ARM RIGHT HERE! LET ME TELL YOU SOMETHING! HIS ARM LOOKS LIKE HE'S THROWING IT HERE. THAT DOG DOESN'T KNOW WHAT'S GOING ON!

YOU THINK? :X I can't wait for more of your analysis. :popcorn: Could we have gotten the crew's contract extended somehow if we started a write in campaign? :thumbup:

:rolleyes: Look at that Dog! :rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread