What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The Funniest Comedian Right Now? (1 Viewer)

moderated said:
why are all the comedians mentioned in the thread white?just found it odd as historically most of the great comedians of the past 20 years have been black.
Who are the funniest black comedians right now? Chappelle is great but he's not really working right now. I like Rock, but his shtick is getting old for me. Bernie Mac is dead. There's D. L. Hughley, Eddie Griffin and Cedric the Entertainer. They're okay. Kat Williams is one of the hot black comedians right now. But I don't really like him. Tracy Morgan? Wanda Sykes?!?!? For me, one of the funniest comedians "of color" is Russell Peters.
Kevin Hart is good.

Has there been any love in here for Bill Burr?

His latest special Let it Go was just insanely funny. I can get his style may not appeal to everyone, but man he cracks me up.

PitbullTD said:
Ricky Gervais - Out of England was hilarious, Out of England 2 just came out, not sure if its any good or not. but Out of England one still makes me cry and I've seen it amillion times
Meh. I was at the taping of Out of England 2 and wasn't that impressed. Watched it on HBO and it wasn't even as good as I remembered.
Is it just a rehash of his Science show?

Has there been any love in here for Bill Burr?

Saw an unedited show of his late last night on Comedy Central.

:confused:

Hot-o-mighty, my face and stomach still hurt. That dude is hitting on all cylinders. My new favorite comedian.

"This might sound slightly racist..." :thumbup:

Last edited by a moderator:
I think some of the funniest stuff I have ever heard comes from comedians themselves ragging on each other. Usually once or twice a week Opie and Anthony has a comedian in and once the ballbusting starts, it's usually better than any set anyone can write.

The usual cast of characters are:

Jim Norton (member of the show)

Patrice O'Neal

Robert Kelly

Bill Burr (occasionally)

Rich Vos

Colin Quinn (occasionally)

Of the above, Norton is funny on a daily basis but Patrice O'Neal has been on fire lately and on the show has made me laugh until my innards hurt.

Not sure if anyone mentioned this, but I was hella surprised at how funny Daniel Tosh's standup was. The guy killed it on almost every joke. I was dying.

ETA: I'm talking about Happy Thoughts. Haven't seen his other work, and his show Tosh.O is pretty hit and miss IMO.

Not sure if anyone mentioned this, but I was hella surprised at how funny Daniel Tosh's standup was. The guy killed it on almost every joke. I was dying.

ETA: I'm talking about Happy Thoughts. Haven't seen his other work, and his show Tosh.O is pretty hit and miss IMO.
watched this last night. Very good stuff!

Bill Burr and Louis C.K. are right at the top and Patrice O'Neal and Norton are also very good, as well as Ricky Gervais.

Tosh's older standup from 06 or 07 is called "Completely Serious" and is MUCH MUCH Better than the new "happy thoughts"

In summary:

funny:

Louis C.K.

Dave Attell

Mitch Hedburg

Brian Posehn

Russell Peters

Daniel Tosh

Lisa Lampanelli

Jim Norton

meh:

David Cross -- makes me laugh sometimes but annoys me with his smug

not funny:

Demetri Martin

Dane Cook

Lewis Black

Ricky Gervais

Eddie Izzard

Tosh's older standup from 06 or 07 is called "Completely Serious" and is MUCH MUCH Better than the new "happy thoughts"
I like them both but prefer "Happy thoughts". "Being an ugly woman is like being a man, you will actually have to work for a living"

In summary:

funny:

Louis C.K.

Dave Attell

Mitch Hedburg

Brian Posehn

Russell Peters

Daniel Tosh

Lisa Lampanelli

Jim Norton

meh:

David Cross -- makes me laugh sometimes but annoys me with his smug

not funny:

Demetri Martin

Dane Cook

Lewis Black

Ricky Gervais

Eddie Izzard
I've got some bad news for you..

'[icon] said:
'ODoyleRules said:
'dharmapunk said:

I'm a fan. Tosh has that FBG condescending sarcastic smarminess about him that I love so much

So saw Gaffigan on New Years, was an ok but not great set. Opener had funnier bits. Saw the Louis CK (direct from website) special, thought the same thing.

Friday saw Anthony Jeselnik at local show, dude was great. Pretty edgy stuff, love the dry delivery but certainly not for everyone. Looks like he's on tour now (Denver, Miami, Austin, NY, etc. culminating in a comedy central taping in Chicago on June 2 at the Vic) so if you get a chance check him out.

I'm calling it now, pretty soon it's gonna be cool to hate Tosh. His show has been getting weaker and once a comedian gets too much love people start finding them annoying.

I like Gaffigan too, and have seen him a few times. I was at the taping for his new special ("Mr. Universe") a few weeks ago. Good stuff. He mixes up his material enough that does not feel repetitive.

Louis C.K. has been the funniest man in America for the last 5 years or so...whenever Mitch Hedberg died.
:no: Jim Jeffries gets the nod over Louis C.K.
I saw Jefferies last night. He was good, but not great. He opened with a bit on Whitney Houston that was hilarious, but being Good Friday he spent way too much time on his atheist stuff. His past bits on "Sluts" and others put him up there with the best, but last night I just gave him a B.

Before the Charlie Sheen Roast I had not heard of Anthony Jeselnik or Amy Schumer.

Both of them killed it, and I have become a big fan of both.

Went to see Jo Koy a couple of weeks ago. The guy is funny- I am not sure how universal he could be since a lot of his stuff is about being Asian etc. But we had a blast at his show.

'Christo said:
'Chadstroma said:
Went to see Jo Koy a couple of weeks ago. The guy is funny- I am not sure how universal he could be since a lot of his stuff is about being Asian etc. But we had a blast at his show.
His Comedy Central show is pretty funny.
Yea, he had one come out like a week ago... but I was out of town so I missed it. JOSEP! TING TINGJust pull out 2012

'Christo said:
'Chadstroma said:
His Comedy Central show is pretty funny.
Yea, he had one come out like a week ago... but I was out of town so I missed it. JOSEP! TING TINGJust pull out 2012
I haven't seen the new one. Just the one that's been around for a year or two.

Users who are viewing this thread