What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The Official: What do you need on SUnday to win? (1 Viewer)

scottiev

Footballguy
What do you need on Sunday to win the Championship/3rd place/Semi's?Right now, I am down 9 in the Championships.I have Thomas Jones & Bears De left to play.He has Vikings De.Rushing td = 6 pts100 yards rushing = 3 ptsThat'll be 9 points.I think JOnes can get me 9 points and then it'll be Defense vs. Defense.Oh boy.What do you need?

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm rooting against you on this one....I'm up by 13 and he's got Thomas Jones (1/10 yds, 6/TD) in our championship game. I'm hoping the Pack can pull off a Christmas miracle at Lambeau!Go Pack Go!

In a tie game.....

I need the VIKINGS D/ST and Vinateri to outscore Charles Tillman of the BEARS.
I need Dillion to die....but obviously not literally...but a sprained ankle on the first carry wouldn't be bad thing!

Already won one league because of SA "classless" TD. :lmao: But in the other league in which I'm in contention I'm up 26 points and the other guy just has Vinaterri on MNF... that should be in the bag.

Down by 9 with Brady, Givens, Vini and NE d left v. D.Graham. In my other league, I'm up by 30 with Coles left v. J.Lewis, Koren and Heap. Confident about the first one, not so sure about the 2nd league.

Down by four. Standard yardage scoring, no ppr. He has Branch. I have the Chicago D. Points for sacks, turnovers, TDS and points allowed. It could be close.

This is for all the marbles, and I'm up by 30. He's got T.Jones and Herron left, I've got Givens. My chant for tomorrow is "defense, defense..." :boxing:

Because of Alexander's last TD, I am down by 6 (I own the tiebreaker) and have Favre vs Muhammed.5 pts per TD, 1pt per 2 rec., 1 pt. per 10 yards receiving, 1pt 25 yards passing....Does anybody think I have a shot vs the vaunted Chicago D?

I need Branch to go off and for the guy I am playing to have thomas jones get little, I am down by 4 as of now. I thought I had a lock to the SB.Wayne-played a littelSmith-gets ejected.RJ-no TDOh well

I need 6 points from my kicker to win the SB and the 500 dollars more that is the difference between 1st and 2nd...Should I stick with who I have or pick up one of these guys?Gould - Chicago (already on roster) Longwell - Green Bay Edinger - Minnesota Stover - Baltimore Nugent - NY Jets

Down 21 with Thomas Jones going against Minny D and Donald Lee.Championship game, i knew i was in trouble going against Shaun Alexander.I look forward to losing my 5th championship in 12 years in this league. How can you lose 5 championships? I couldn't do that on purpose if i tried.Sigh.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm rooting against you on this one....I'm up by 13 and he's got Thomas Jones (1/10 yds, 6/TD) in our championship game. I'm hoping the Pack can pull off a Christmas miracle at Lambeau!

Go Pack Go!
I'm with you except I'm up by 23. Jones did surpass that in week 2.

I'm rooting against you on this one....I'm up by 13 and he's got Thomas Jones (1/10 yds, 6/TD) in our championship game. I'm hoping the Pack can pull off a Christmas miracle at Lambeau!

Go Pack Go!
Make that three of us rooting against Jones. I'm up by 22.10 & he's got Jones.There's $350 riding on Jones putting up 22.09 or less ($500/champ or $150/2nd place).

Hmmmm...what do I need...Im up by 19, he has Heap and Branch left. I only have Brady, Jones, and the Ravens Def left....Its like going to Wal Mart on Christmas Eve when your shopping is already done.

I need 6 points from my kicker to win the SB and the 500 dollars more that is the difference between 1st and 2nd...

Should I stick with who I have or pick up one of these guys?

Gould - Chicago (already on roster)

Longwell - Green Bay

Edinger - Minnesota

Stover - Baltimore

Nugent - NY Jets
Who is your kicker now?I kinda like Gould and Stover, but who knows with kickers?

Go Pack Go!
Make that three of us rooting against Jones. I'm up by 22.10 & he's got Jones.There's $350 riding on Jones putting up 22.09 or less ($500/champ or $150/2nd place).
Maybe we could all start our own Jones-hatin' thread at gametime tomorrow.

Down by 8 - I need the Bears D to have a a good game and for Heap to have a bad one. I am hoping the Bears D can come through for me one last time!

Up by 11.5 pts in championship. I have Driver left he has Bennett. 1 point per 10 yds, 1/2 pt per rec, 6 points for TD.

Two SBs:one I need driver to not score and get 96 yards or less.the other I need Brady to not outscore Moose by 9 points - this is a ppr league, so I'm feeling somewhat confident. basically 5 catches and a td and i'm gold. just the five catches and things get sketchy.

I need NE D to score less than 30 points. :excited: I think that there is a good chance that I will be bringing home a Superbowl check this year!!

I need 24 points from TJ and Coles in a 1/10 league to win my first championship in 5 year 14 team league. I wouldn't be in this situation if it wasn't for the Colts with Manning/Harrison and of course Jordan sitting.. McNair gave me a wonderful -3.

Was 19 points down last week and got 20 points from the Bears D/ST for the win! And guess what... I'm 16 points down and the only player left for either of us is Chicago's D! :eek: Should get lots of turnovers and maybe even a score. ( but with my luck :no: ).

If Moats gets credit for the 20 run that's missing, I'll only be down by 2. Otherwise I trail by 4. I have the Ravens D tonight and the other guy is done. We don't have negative points on D, so I'll unofficially have the lead as soon as the game starts. Sacks are 2 points and turnovers are 3. Too bad for him he sat down JJones at the last minute and put in Wells. I hold the tie breaker, so I'm this close to my 4th in a row. I like my chances. Go Ravens!!!!!!!

I am down by 10 and I hold the tie-breaker. My opponent is done. Do you guys think I can scrounge 10 points from these 3 to take home a 2nd consecutive Championship?Tony Fisher Justin McCareinsPatriots D/STScoring 1/20 and 6/TDPoints & Yardage scoring for defense: i) 326-350 total net yards allowed 1 pointii) 301-325 total net yards allowed 2 pointsiii) 276-300 total net yards allowed 3 pointsiv) 251-275 total net yards allowed 4 pointsv) 0-250 total net yards allowed 5 pointsb) i) 17-20 points allowed 1 pointii) 11-16 points allowed 3 pointsiii) 7-10 points allowed 5 pointsiv) 0-6 points allowed 7 pointsI like the fact that I have McCareins going against the Pat D. The Pats are totally shutting down the opponents run. I figure if the Jets have any success it will be throwing the ball and McCareins will be heavily involved. If the Pats shut everything down then they will get me sufficent points to pull of the victory. I know if I get one TD it is all over. :popcorn:

i need Thomas Jones to fall down the stairs and not suit upi'm up 20 and he's got Jones, Branch and the Bears DThanks Steve Smith and LT!

Semis

104-102 (me)

Bearsss D to out score Cedric 'the Entertainer' Houston.

:popcorn:
Finals91-89 (me)

Bears D and Cedric NOT to get outscored by 3 (or 2 I guess for the tie) by Givens.

in my championship game, down by 8.01, with Muhammad to go. 1ppr, 1/20, 6td. im playing against the SA/LJ owner. rest of his team took a crap. i luckily had Wilford, Caddy, and Pitt D.

Was 19 points down last week and got 20 points from the Bears D/ST for the win! And guess what... I'm 16 points down and the only player left for either of us is Chicago's D! :eek: Should get lots of turnovers and maybe even a score. ( but with my luck :no: ).
Yah Baby!!

I need Heap/Mason/T. Jones to outscore Brady/Givens

If everyone has an average game, I will win by exactly 1 point. :scared:
So far my guys have outperformed their averages. Brady & Givens will now have to get 125% of what they usually get. :football: Game on!

This game is giving me a heart attack. Thank you Mason for coming through, and thank you Lewis for getting stuffed at the 1 yard line. That should do it! :banned:

Need 80 yards from Coles or 20 yards and a TD.. Should it happen?? Yes.. Will it?? Who knows.. Still I wish TJ got near 150 then I wouldn't have had to sweat it..

Go Pack Go!
Suwheet #######! Jones only put up 16 in my league & I won by 6.Total winnings from this league will be $980 or $1020 if I manage to hold on to the high point total for the week.

Good luck to all those who are still in it.

I was up by 9 after TJ got me 16 in the first game.My opponent got 9 from Heap.Our Championship game ended in a tie!I won our regular season head-to-head game. I won back-to-back titles on a tie breaker! unbelievable!

I just got back from the Packer/Bear game at Lambeau. All I have to say is that it was a depresssing night for me. Not only did I lose the SB thanks to Jones and the Bears D, but there had to be more Bears fans at Lambeau than Packers Fans. And of course because the Pack lost.To top it all off, it was freezing...Oh well, there's always next year...in more ways than one.

Users who are viewing this thread