What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The Shark Pool Hype Machine (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I swear to god, the Shark Pool sometimes makes me feel like those times when my girlfriend is in hysterics over some completely trivial nonsense and I am shaking her and have to slap her or splash cold water on her face to get her back to reality.
The Shark Pool sometimes makes me feel like some people take other people's views way too seriously.

I just think it's hilarious that everyone is talking about him as a keeper next year.  I've already said a dozen times he is a great pickup for guys playing for THIS year. 

I hope you all also kept Nick Goings into this season after his big finish last year.  That was a very solid keeper right there.
Well, I haven't really seen people pimping Gado as a great keeper myself, but even still, it certainly makes sense to mention his name as one, because who knows.You can bring up Nick Goings all you want, and the people you're arguing against can bring up Domanick Davis or Rudi Johnson just as quickly, and Gado has looked a lot better than either of those two did in their first two games. The fact is we have no idea whether he'll end up starting in Green Bay next year, but if people are willing to speculate that he will and put a reason behind it, well that's exactly what these forums are here for.
If people had been going bonkers over Dom Davis and Rudi Johnson after 1 game, I would have the same reaction. And yes, Gado could turn out to be good, I never once said he couldn't, I never once said he was a "flash in the pan." All I said was that people often times get way, way, way far ahead of themselves in the Shark Pool.
Gotta do that if you're going to stay ahead in this day and age.
Once again, I never said you should not pick up Gado. I'm saying let's hold off on annointing him a franchise back for an NFL team next year until he has started more than one game.
can you give me an example of somebody saying he is a franchise back?

Once again, I never said you should not pick up Gado. I'm saying let's hold off on annointing him a franchise back for an NFL team next year until he has started more than one game.
I did a search for "franchise" in all the major Gado threads and I did not find ONE SINGLE person who even mentioned this...Maybe you confused the Gado "franchise back" talk with the Willie Parker "franchise back" talk

I did a search for "franchise" in all the major Gado threads and I did not find ONE SINGLE person who even mentioned this...Maybe you confused the Gado "franchise back" talk with the Willie Parker "franchise back" talk
Have a look in the "Good Keepers: Projected 2006 Starters" thread, which is what pushed me over the edge on the Gado hype. He's mentioned a couple times in there. And that's in addition to the 97,000 Gado threads we've seen in the last two weeks.If you people had any clue what you were doing around here, you would make one thread, put a HEART on it, make it official, and post all your man-love in one place.

Rookies...

If you people had any clue what you were doing around here, you would make one thread, put a HEART on it, make it official, and post all your man-love in one place.

Rookies...
And have it moved straight to FFA :ph34r:

There is no "Shark Pool Hype Machine". There are possibly a few, or even a singular member out of thousands, but no effort by the entire board.In the future, I suggest you direct your comments to individuals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread