What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

There is NO, I repeat NO way (1 Viewer)

Last time the two teams played, Carolina was coming off a high from winning 5 straight, and Chi beat them. Now they're coming in from a high from whomping NYG, and will face a pretty cold day at Soldier Field. If Rex doesn't lose his cool, I'd give this one to the Bears.

Their defense is good, but not great.

Their offense is pitiful.

It won't happen.
All of the remaining NFC teams seem pretty mediocre to me. The Bears have a decent shot. I'm not a Bears fan but it's really hard to make an argument for any of the NFC teams this year. Even Seattle doesn't impress me. I honestly think Seattle has less talent this year than last year. It would not suprise me to see the Redskins win this week. The Bears could make the Superbowl in that scenario.

no way?crazy... the bears have already beaten carolina and anybody who thinks the seahawks can't be beat, hasnt watched them play.

We've been underdogs all year. :hophead: It's old hat. On to the next boring post about how a team with 6 Pro-Bowlers (3 first team) and the Coach of the Year really "aren't that good". :yawn:

Steelers fan here.
And you think your team is going to the Show? No bloody likely, mate... :lmao: There's an offensive buzzsaw in central Indiana waiting to take your medicore heiny apart. And boy, is it going to be fun to watch. :popcorn:

And just to clarify, YOUR defense is good. But not great.

OUR defense is outstanding. :P

Now they're coming in from a high from whomping NYG, and will face a pretty cold day at Soldier Field.
Huh? Check the weather, much?
26-30 degrees seems pretty cold to me for a warm weather team :shrug: This is Carolina, not Green Bay

Last edited by a moderator:
Now they're coming in from a high from whomping NYG, and will face a pretty cold day at Soldier Field.
Huh? Check the weather, much?
26-30 degrees seems pretty cold to me for a warm weather team :shrug: This is Carolina, not Green Bay
You realize the players weren't all born in Carolina right? Cripes, Steve Smith went to school in Utah.

Steelers fan here.
And you think your team is going to the Show? No bloody likely, mate... :lmao: There's an offensive buzzsaw in central Indiana waiting to take your medicore heiny apart. And boy, is it going to be fun to watch. :popcorn:

Never said they were. This post was in response to a lot of people (here and on TV) who are picking Chicago to the Superbowl. It is preposterous. Carolina or Seattle should beat them handily. If they do make the Superbowl, it will be the most lopsided game since the 49ers took on the Chargers. My team, who is probably the 4th best left in the AFC, oVVned them in the regular season.

Steelers fan here.

Never said they were. This post was in response to a lot of people (here and on TV) who are picking Chicago to the Superbowl. It is preposterous. Carolina or Seattle should beat them handily. If they do make the Superbowl, it will be the most lopsided game since the 49ers took on the Chargers. My team, who is probably the 4th best left in the AFC, oVVned them in the regular season.
And the weather wasn't a significant factor in that game? I understand I'm making excuses for the Bears D, but that field put the Bears D at a huge disadvantage.

Last edited by a moderator:
Steelers fan here.

:confused: I haven't seen anyone say that?

It won't happen.
Their defense was great this season.Their offense improved once Grossman came back. It was pitiful near the end of Orton's time as the starter. Now, with the threat of a passing game, the offense is average.

The Bears are at home, have already beat Carolina - It could happen.

Chicago had the bye, which always helps. I've been a Bears skeptic most of the season, but they definitely look like a much better team with Rex under center.Carolina, however, is red-hot, and I think they're more talented overall than the Bears. I think a win this weekend would be great for the Bears organization, but if I had to put money on the game, I'd go with Carolina. It'll be a close one.

Steelers fan here.

And the weather wasn't a significant factor in that game? I understand I'm making excuses for the Bears D, but that field put the Bears D at a huge disadvantage.
I thought the Bears were supposed to be a cold-weather team.

Steelers fan here.

The Steelers definitely handled us well, and they match up great against us. The defense did better than the final score indicated though. There were some very poor coaching decisions in that game, one of them led directly to the Steelers getting a TD.Why Lovie took the ten yards and gave them another shot at converting rather than just taking the rock, I still don't understand. That put them at 14-3, and in a big hole. I doubt he'd make that decision again though, especially with Rex at the helm.

Either way, we won't have to worry about playing the Steelers again since they have less of a shot at the dance than the Bears.

Carolina, however, is red-hot, and I think they're more talented overall than the Bears. I think a win this weekend would be great for the Bears organization, but if I had to put money on the game, I'd go with Carolina. It'll be a close one.
:goodposting: I agree here. I'm a hardcore Bears fan, and also believe they realistically have a shot at the super bowl. But, I do think the Panthers are a more balanced team and if I had a gun to my head, I'd have to go with Carolina in this one - but BARELY.

The Bears still DO have a shot at the super bowl.

Group: Members

Member No.: 1069
hmmm... interesting
Steelers fan here.
I think you could make a pretty strong argument that the Bears have a better chance to make it than the Steelers.Though, as a Bears fan, I agree that it is not likely. To say that there is "No way" is to be pretty ignorant though. It is pretty easy to come up with a way.

Carolina, however, is red-hot,
I've heard this sentiment quite a bit:Dec 11 Tampa Bay Lost 10-20 Dec 18 @New Orleans (Baton Rouge, LA) Won 27-10 Dec 24 Dallas Lost 20-24 Jan 1 @Atlanta Won 44-11 Jan 8 @N.Y. Giants Won 23-0 I wouldnt call that red hot. Losing at home to Tampa and Dallas in the last month of the season? Sure, the Giants game was big, but the Giants have been Doctor Jeckell/Mr Hyde all season and their defense was decimated with injuries. I agree that the Bears are a young and inexperienced team with an offense that is suspect at best. But Carolina has hardly been the class of the NFC this season. Seattle is on a different level than anyone else in the conference, but Carolina, not so much. I think they may well beat the Bears, but anybody that considers it a walkover hasnt been paying attention.

:goodposting: The last time Carolina was actually red hot, they had a 6 game winning streak heading into Chicago. And we all know how that ended.Saying that, I am still VERY worried about this weekend's game. That's what years and years of losing do to you. Even when we are good, I still can't get myself to believe it 100%.

Steelers fan here.

I thought the Bears were supposed to be a cold-weather team.
:own3d:

We've been underdogs all year. :hophead: It's old hat. On to the next boring post about how a team with 6 Pro-Bowlers (3 first team) and the Coach of the Year really "aren't that good". :yawn:
add Defensive MVP to this list :bye:

It won't happen.
It would be great to be able to do this twice in one year.... first the White Sox and now the Bears. Neither of them have any chance of winning a playoff game let alone making it to the big game(s) 1 down, 1 to go :banned:

It won't happen.
Not going out on much of a limb saying who WON"T win. How about telling us who will?ODDS TO WIN NFC:

Sat 1/14 Will the Carolina Panthers win the NFC ?

Yes +425

No -465

Sat 1/14 Will the Chicago Bears win the NFC ?

Yes +330

No -365

Sat 1/14 Will the Seattle Seahawks win the NFC ?

Yes -119

No +104

Sat 1/14 Will the Washington Redskins win the NFC ?

Yes +1037

No -1167

It won't happen.
All of the remaining NFC teams seem pretty mediocre to me. The Bears have a decent shot. I'm not a Bears fan but it's really hard to make an argument for any of the NFC teams this year. Even Seattle doesn't impress me. I honestly think Seattle has less talent this year than last year. It would not suprise me to see the Redskins win this week. The Bears could make the Superbowl in that scenario.
Agree wholeheartedly. If the Bears were in the AFC, they would have no shot. If they had to go through Indy or play New England, that's a game I just don't see Chicago winning. But in the NFC its a different story. I pesonally think either the Seahawks or the Panthers will be the NFC super bowl representative, but the Bears certainlly have a good shot to be there.

Users who are viewing this thread