What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Thinking about making this offer (1 Viewer)

Zyphros

Footballguy
I was going to offer my '19 1st for Tarik Cohen and Aaron Jones.  Then I backed out of sending it because there's so much uncertainty that goes along with it.  I'm looking for convincing arguments over if I should do it, or not.

It's an FFPC league.  Rest of my team:

Russell Wilson

Saquon Barkley, Jordan Howard, D'Onte Foreman, Marlon Mack

OBJ, JuJu, Corey Davis, Meredith, Super Mart, Cole

Eifert, Shaheen, Hooper, OJ Howard

I feel like I'm really close and when I drafted I had 2018 and onward in mind (2017 start up). 

I don't think I would make that offer.  What are the likely range of picks that the 2019 1st could be?  You are giving up a commodity that will only increase in value (the 2019 1st) over time for two big question marks.  They are just as likely to be cuts by the end of this year as doing anything serviceable.  I think that would definitely be selling low on the pick and buying high on the players.

I agree with Gally. I would not make the trade. Between Jones, Williams, and Monty you dont know how the GB RBBC is going to shake out. We may not know until the season, and even then it could change in season. All three backs have what it takes to win the job, and all 3 were injured last season. Reliability/durability is something I am looking at this season as well as mature development. I have williams and jones (need to pickup monty) and you really need all three right now if you want to claim the GB backfield. 

Cohen is a nice pickup, but not for a 19 1st. This feels like you want Cohen with Jones attached, but i would aim for just Cohen. Keep the 19 first, offer a different pick for cohen and save yourself from having to go after williams and monty. 

Yeah I was targeting Cohen more so because I have Howard already and I think they trade him in a year or they move on from him after his contract.  And I figured Jones is a good shot in the dark addition for a 1st.  

My 1st this year was 1.04, but I had OBJ out all year and acquired JuJu and the 1.01 in the offseason so I've made big increases to my team for 2018.  I think I would be a playoff team with what I have now but I since FFPC you play for your pick if you don't make playoffs it literally could be anywhere.  

I won't make that offer then and go for something of less value and get Cohen.  

Users who are viewing this thread