What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Tips for IDP Draft (1 Viewer)

ukbsktbll

Footballguy
My league does a seperate draft for IDP. It is auction style with a $100 budget

We use 3 LB, 2 DL, 2 DB, and a flex position (LB, DL, DB)

Scoring system:

Sack 4
1/2 Sack (HALFSK) 2 Blocked Punt, PAT or FG (BLKK) 5
Each Interception (INT) 6 Each Fumble Recovered (FR) 2
Each Fumble Forced (FF) 4 Each Safety (SF) 5
Assisted Tackles (TKA) 0.75 Solo Tackles (TKS) 1.5
Stuffs (SF) 3 Passes Defensed (PD) 1.5

How would you prioritize your picks. I have never really found good auction values for idps bc in my league Watt is likely to go for $70. Top tier LB could go $30-40 and top tier DB $20+

Thanks

Watt is the #1 priority. After that go elite Linebackers. Kuechly, Lavonte David types. Cheap as possible at DB. DO NOT SPEND ON DB's. I would be fine with free agents.

how much would you spend on Watt? would it be better to go with three elite LBs? We have multiple ppl who will spend a ton to get watt.

I know this much...If I wasn't able to land him I would make sure whomever did paid through the nose for JJ. If you're only required to start 2 defensive lineman he is an even bigger "I win" button at the position. There is simply no other guy who can reliably hope to match Watt's expected PPG on the DL. Even a couple of years ago when Robert Quinn had what would have been a "crazy" year for a DE most year's Watt still outscored him.

If Watt is "likely to go for 70", then I'm going 71 to make sure someone else overpays. May go as high as 3/4 of the budget to land him in that scoring system and then blanket LB and the second DE spot with cheap, but reliable, types. Track the former studs coming back from injury who may get overlooked a bit and be able to be had at a discount(S. Lee, Navorro, Poz, et al). I would only be carrying the two DBs I had to start and would be spending exactly a dollar on each with the intent to stream them all year.

Users who are viewing this thread