What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Titans Texans game thread (1 Viewer)

Remember Shanahan taking helicopter pics and then just lining cameras overhead to critique the angles of his OL? Texans are almost always facing forward, not even turning

Daquan playing NT. Maybe it only took one game to realize Logan isn't good. Usually takes the Titans 3 or 4 to give up on their free agent NT

Nice job by Texans LT getting beat by Casey, then (legally) pushing him down as Watson stepped up.

I told ya about that zone. Get rid of that

Why I love and hate FF.

it's a weird feeling cheering for a TD by your rival against your team, but I need Nuk to do just enough for my teams to win but not for them to beat my team  :loco:

Henry in with under minute left. It's basically been Henry first Q, lewis 2nd Q again.

Both backs in on that play

Texans shooting that C/RG gap good twice in a row. Henry got nothing 

Lewis in on 3rd and 7, need a first so Texans can't score before half :-)46)

Lewis nice little scoot run off that RG spot. Texans were backed up leaving it open

If Byard turned his head, he might have had that Adoree INT too. he showed some great leaping and hands last year

Jonnu has been a blocker more often than not.

No statement as to where Rashaan is. Casual fans are gonna be grumpy if he doesn't play much and they don't announce something. First home game, ya wanna see the first round pick

Landry I didn't notice much at all. Very nervous and uncertain. He just put his head down all summer, he's trying to think and looks like "what do I do" out there. I hope that's out of his system and he can settle down.

Matthews looks slow and not ready. (As does Morgan) He had one reminiscent catch he worked for, but that's it.

Titans excellent DBs making Texans really work for it. Announcers commenting how tired they must be.

Texans line backpedals quick on passing downs in the 2nd Q and they did far far better. I still see nothing from them where I'd want to see them run the ball

LaFleur seems to have Henry and Lewis running the same plays when they're really quite different and supposedly were going to be used differently. I don't like it. Henry is no good scooting and Lewis isn't a pile mover. They had plays for Wadley and plays for Lewis so cmon, open up the playbook. 

Titans line has been excellent against Watt but really just soso

Henry gets six but listed as four (there have been placement issues all game)

pitch to Lewis didn't get much and blocking wasn't there

(at least those two doing what they do)

Davis and Jackson pushing each other, good non call, way overthrown because of pushing. Davis has to man up and get there no matter what

beautiful punt roughly 7 yl out of bounds. Kern one of the few that still know how to place punts in the NFL.

Ooh holding, Texans backed up even more.

Vrabel is either going to be smart or outcoached right now! Have his guys pin their ears back? Keep them inside the five? I predict a lob Fuller can run under.

Texans blocking way better, some life in run game

Titans DBs can't keep up with Fuller on quick routes.

Hopkins doubled often this drive

Titans got a nice pass rush and group sack but Correa will get credit. Any of four could have. Correa is still too small for a LB, loses "all day" then scoots free at some point to make a play. That's not good! 

Landry at OLB rush backer, Orakpo at DE. Almost got to Watson

Texans P has no idea what the sideline is, so pathetic they can't force these guys to learn the finer points of punting

Titans got holding penalty so it's essentially the same scenario

Lewis pretend you're Henry

Quick pass to the blocking TE (why?)

Quick pass to the not fast Sharpe behind the line of scrimmage, way off. Texans thought fumble and they scored but just stupid play

Awful backed up offense by Titans there

Edit Matthews not Sharpe

Last edited by a moderator:
Casey not in, Texans run at will.

Casey in, Texans only get two and then Woodyard smashes RB on next one at LOS

Watson had all day, so long Woodyard who wasn't rushing, decided to run in and force him to throw

My annual complaint that the concern over injuries forces teams to look disorderly and disorganized as the regular season starts. Coaches have to do better teaching or play em' more. This play should be unacceptable

Pass thrown behind Lewis, nice catch, he's turned around though and can't go anywhere really.

Back to wildcat, Taylor crossing, snap hits him as Kline jumps offsides

Gabbert under center, OLB got past Pamphile for sack

3rd and 22 from 12. Tried same snap N throw to Matthews, JJ Watt saw it and almost got to it. Tackled right away.

8 yards of O in second half, no rhythm

Fluellen got hurt in the first and he might not be on the sideline. I couldn't find him. Maybe they can bring Wadley back

there's the deep ball to Fuller

Resting Casey keeps giving the Texans rhythm. That big guy will play every down if ya let him, stop that stuff!

Henry had a lane but lineman came too late, kicked it outside showed mean stiff arm

Henry right. Smith missed block, then Kline did so he got smashed by Reader

Lewis in 3rd and 3, heckuva catch by Tajae, bullet between two

Screen thrown wrong side of Matthews almost gets him killed

Lewis with Stocker blocking. Watt gets past Kline. Seriously why don't they pull OL? he's awful this drive

Stupid timeout because they're arguing the clock wasn't reset and not getting setup, they had plenty of time

Texans had all day, Watson ran. All day again, Ellington came back for nice play

Then two snap N throws that got almost nothing. Why change?

3rd and 8, Landry almost got to him, incomplete deep

Titans played nickel that whole drive

Turns down 55 yard FG and decides to punt....told ya earlier, goes into the endzone. Punter has no game

FINALLY running left and guess how they did? Lewis for 12. So dopey to ignore where ya averaged 8 last year

Lewis for a couple

Lewis faked himself out of shoe, Henry in, play action, nice pass to Davis

Henry steamrolls for seven behind Spain

Jennings and Taylor in 2nd and 2, I bet it's a shot here. Nah Henry ran for 1

3rd and 1, Taylor and Davis, QB sneak for a first

Henry out so Lewis can beast up the middle like him?

2nd and 7, play action, Gabbert's pass swatted back to him, he caught it, ran and then flicked it toward the sideline

2nd and 12 from 40 2:29 left. To Davis, running well and tough but did it too long and coughed it up. Ball out of bounds, still Titans ball

1st and 10, 2:13. Play stopped, no timeout said but I think Texans called one

ball at 22. Henry running behind Marz for 4 or so. 

2 min warning

Marz zero sacks allowed, many runs right despite their dominance traditionally left. Heckuva game for the practice squad tackle facing Watt a lot today

Yet another penalty, Henry ran for 8 or so up the middle. Neutral zone on 57 Texans

They looked like they had no time left when this was over, now they will. Penalties have helped the Texans time wise

Henry almost to first but then swarmed and pushed back

Texans last timeout

Users who are viewing this thread