What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Too early to panic? (1 Viewer)

jmble

Footballguy
Of course it's too early, but after the worst week in my recent Fantasy life, I am a bit worried.  Injuries and underperformances all around.

Would you start looking for moves or stick with what I got?

10 team 1 point ppr league.  Start QB/RB/RB/WR/WR/TE/Flex/K/Def

QB:  Tom Brady, Matthew Stafford

RB:  Edwards-Helaire, Ekeler, R Jones, Mattison, Lindsay, J Robinson

WR:  Evans, Golladay, AJ Brown, Parker, D Johnson, Jeudy

TE:  Goedert, Higbee

K:  Fairbairn 

Def:  San Fran

Top guys on Waiver Wire:  Preston Williams, Russell Gage, Curtis Samuel, Keelan Cole, Parris Campbell, Valdes-Scantling, Scotty Miller, Josh Adams, Chase Edmonds

Yes, too early to panic, but also never too early to be proactive.

Arguments can be made for a lot of the players you list, but I think the top pickups on the list would be Parris Campbell and Chase Edmonds.

The real question is who do you have to drop. You are very strong at WR and I don't see much worth trimming there just yet. At RB you are strong as well. I don't know that I'd drop Lindsay just yet (he had some good usage prior to the turf toe injury and may not miss much, if any, time) and Mattison looks to have decent stand alone value even with Cook healthy.

For me, in smaller leagues, I tend to not carry a backup TE and often I won;t carry a backup QB, as there is usually decent enough players on waivers that are similar to my backups. If you are comfortable streaming your backup QB and TE, then I think Higbee is my first drop candidate, the QB call is a bit tougher, as really Brady and Stafford are very close.

Me personally, I think my priority would be add Edmonds (I really like his potential to be a great value as the season progresses) dropping Higbee, but that is only if you are comfortable streaming backup TE for Goedert's bye week. If you are comfortable streaming QB, then I'd try add Campbell, and drop your least favorite of the two QBs.

Hope that helps.

Meh.   Week 1. 

Either do no moves, or go get Valdes-Scantling and dump someone on the back end of the WR list (Johnson, Jeudy).    Not a big move, but an ok move that will make you feel better about doing something. 

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread