What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Top IDPs rest of season. Who you got? (1 Viewer)

matttyl

Footballguy
The LB landscape in particular has changed drastically. This season alone I've lost D Washington to suspension, and both Poz and Derrick Johnson to season long injuries. I was lucky enough to get both Brandon Marshall (LB) and Timmons off the waiver - and they are both starting for me every week.

With playoffs not that far off, and trade deadlines looming - who you got for your top IDP options the rest of the way? DL, LB and DB.

I'd like to hear what people think about Aldon Smith ROS. I'm thinking about picking up him or Jamie Collins for the stretch run.

Yeah, I wish I would have definitely picked up Collins when Mayo went out. I picked up Hightower, but it seems like Collins gets more tackles.

Collins is a good call... think I'd take Mychal Kendricks over him because of Belichick's scheme adjustments though.

Since Mayo went down 3 games ago, Collins has posted 13,11,11 tackles, pretty good numbers and good consistency. Kendricks has had 1 game all year with 10+ tackles and it was last week against the Texans, but I do like Kendricks as well. I just don't see Bill moving Collins around much because he's the best LB on the team and now he's the leader of the defense.

Not to quibble. but Hightower is the leader of the NE defense (makes the calls). I also like Collins and am trying to find a roster spot for him due to his Bye week availability..

Here is my predicament: (12-team, 2QB league (benches are tighter because almost all QBs must be owned), subdued scoring but AST only 0.25)

DL: EGriffen Bye

LB: SMoore

DB: RJones

D: NBradham

D: JWilliams NYG

BN: EBerry

It's hard enough having one bench guy, esp when I also refuse to replace EGriffen. But I would love to have Collins too.

Last edited by a moderator:
Since Mayo went down 3 games ago, Collins has posted 13,11,11 tackles, pretty good numbers and good consistency. Kendricks has had 1 game all year with 10+ tackles and it was last week against the Texans, but I do like Kendricks as well. I just don't see Bill moving Collins around much because he's the best LB on the team and now he's the leader of the defense.
Respect the fact you like Collins better... and even if half of those double figure tackles were assists he's still solidly in the LB1 discussion moving forward.

But your analysis on Kendricks was a bit lazy. Yes, he's only had one double figure tackle game, but he's also only played in 4 games all season. And in only 2 of the 4 did he play a full compliment of snaps due to his injury (getting hurt in week 2 and easing back in week 8).

No issue at all with you liking Collins better (I like both and could go either way, frankly) but your analysis as to why only told half the story.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just saw this old thread, Collins ended up being the #2 overall LB after the Pats by week, 11-17. Hopefully he will be tearing it up all next season.

Users who are viewing this thread