What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Trade Derrick Henry or Davante Adams? 16-team keeper (1 Viewer)

TeddyKGB

Footballguy
16-team keeper (it's just a clean keep 4 with no draft pick restrictions/tie-ins). I went all-in last season and traded my first rounder in the 2022 draft only to get bounced in the first round of the playoffs, so I'm looking at my best option to get back in or close to the first round via trade as I have a little excess. This is the group I'm working with for keepers and possible trades:

Derrick Henry
Terry McLaurin
Davante Adams
DJ Moore
Joe Mixon
Josh Jacobs

I think trading Adams is my best chance to stay competitive this season but I'd only be able to get a 2nd rounder for him (middle of the round). Somebody has offered a 1st rounder for Henry (middle of the round). I could probably get a 3rd for Moore and a 4th for McLaurin, but I'm focusing on Henry and Adams.

What is my best option for balancing present vs. future?

1) Trade Adams for a 2nd, keep Henry, Mixon, McLaurin, Moore (no first round pick)
2) Trade Henry for a 1st, keep Mixon, Adams, McLaurin, Moore (add first round pick)

I'm leaning towards dealing Adams—I have to get out of the Henry business eventually but keeping him primes me for one last run with this group. But maybe this is the time to get out of the Henry business after all? What say you? Thanks in advance.

I'm not sure you can go wrong either way, but keeping Henry concerns me - aging RB with lots of touches, lost their 2nd best offensive weapon in AJ Brown - feels like tough sledding for him this year and a potential injury candidate. If you can get a mid 1st rounder, I'd probably go that route.

Though I'm curious what kind of talent is left after everyone keeps. What's the drop-off between mid 1st and mid 2nd?

I'm not sure you can go wrong either way, but keeping Henry concerns me - aging RB with lots of touches, lost their 2nd best offensive weapon in AJ Brown - feels like tough sledding for him this year and a potential injury candidate. If you can get a mid 1st rounder, I'd probably go that route.

Though I'm curious what kind of talent is left after everyone keeps. What's the drop-off between mid 1st and mid 2nd?
Yeah, I'm thinking those draft picks are not worth as much as they would appear to at first blush. A core of Henry/Adams/Mixon/? could compete this year. That being the case, I would play to win now and forgo trading either of them.

Agree...no trade. For a 16 team league that is a strong base team. But I share your concern over Henry. If he makes it through this year in one piece I think you should seriously consider moving him next year. When I saw the workload he had at the beginning of last season I tried to trade him in a redraft league. Couldn't work it out (but wish I did!)

Thanks for the response. The dropoff between the mid-1st to mid-2nd actually isn't that bad since the rookies usually go off the board early regardless of their immediate prospects. That pushes the vet players who can contribute now and fringe rookies down the board. I'm thinking I may take a hit at QB if I don't hop back into the first or higher in the second, but I guess the premium keepers help offset that.

Yeah, I'm thinking those draft picks are not worth as much as they would appear to at first blush. A core of Henry/Adams/Mixon/? could compete this year. That being the case, I would play to win now and forgo trading either of them.
This is fair and reasonable. I tend to overvalue the future at the expense of the present, so this is a good perspective.

It would all depend on who is available for that 1st round pick. Since it sounds like round 1 is a rookie draft (essentially) do you like 8 rookies (middle of round 1) that you like longer term to be worth parting with Henry? For me, I don't think that would be the case so I would keep Henry. I also don't really like trading Adams either as I don't think that 2nd round pick will be impactful.

I would trade Moore or McLaurin for whatever you can get since you can't keep both of them.

It would all depend on who is available for that 1st round pick. Since it sounds like round 1 is a rookie draft (essentially) do you like 8 rookies (middle of round 1) that you like longer term to be worth parting with Henry? For me, I don't think that would be the case so I would keep Henry. I also don't really like trading Adams either as I don't think that 2nd round pick will be impactful.

I would trade Moore or McLaurin for whatever you can get since you can't keep both of them.
This is where I'm trending now. Give it one more run with this group and see where it goes. Not sure there is a graceful exit/transition from Henry, at least not now. I can deal him in season (or next) if things go off the rails.

16-team keeper (it's just a clean keep 4 with no draft pick restrictions/tie-ins). I went all-in last season and traded my first rounder in the 2022 draft only to get bounced in the first round of the playoffs, so I'm looking at my best option to get back in or close to the first round via trade as I have a little excess. This is the group I'm working with for keepers and possible trades:

Derrick Henry
Terry McLaurin
Davante Adams
DJ Moore
Joe Mixon
Josh Jacobs

I think trading Adams is my best chance to stay competitive this season but I'd only be able to get a 2nd rounder for him (middle of the round). Somebody has offered a 1st rounder for Henry (middle of the round). I could probably get a 3rd for Moore and a 4th for McLaurin, but I'm focusing on Henry and Adams.

1) Trade Adams for a 2nd, keep Henry, Mixon, McLaurin, Moore (no first round pick)
2) Trade Henry for a 1st, keep Mixon, Adams, McLaurin, Moore (add first round pick)

I'm leaning towards dealing Adams—I have to get out of the Henry business eventually but keeping him primes me for one last run with this group. But maybe this is the time to get out of the Henry business after all? What say you? Thanks in advance.
I would trade Henry for a 1st...he's taken a beating and he will be facing some tighter defensive fronts this year. DaVonte is going to crush it in Vegas. He's worth more than a 2 pick!

Derrick Henry
Terry McLaurin
Davante Adams
DJ Moore
Joe Mixon
Josh Jacobs

Deal Henry. He’s aging, Tennessee looks a little rough, and you’re likely to get a young stud RB like Dalvin Cook or Najee setting you up for future keepers

Users who are viewing this thread