What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Trade for Hockenson? (1 Viewer)

Gottabesweet

Footballguy
I lost Ertz in a PPR league. We start QB, RB, WR, TE, 3 flex.

My roster

Kyler/Herbert

CMC/Stevenson/Mitchell/Jeff Wilson/Dobbins

Lamb/Hopkins/K. Allen/Godwin/DK/ Rondale Moore.

I was offered Hockenson and AJ Dillon for Jeff Wilson and Rondale Moore.

I could drop Dillon for ARobinson, Watson, Gallup, Darrell Henderson, Campbell, D. Harris.

Or I could go the TE waiver route. Kmet, Johnson, Otton

Or he also has Friermuth. Could try Rondale Moore for him or Wilson.

Is Trey McBride available on your wavier wire? He is Arizona's second round rookie pick who plays TE position in this last draft. Also, you mentioned some respectable wavier wire TE pickups, I probably go the waiver wire route unless I get a trade offer that I just cannot refuse.

Hockenson is not playing very well lately, so I would favor the waiver wire route.

Is Trey McBride available on your wavier wire? He is Arizona's second round rookie pick who plays TE position in this last draft. Also, you mentioned some respectable wavier wire TE pickups, I probably go the waiver wire route unless I get a trade offer that I just cannot refuse.

Hockenson is not playing very well lately, so I would favor the waiver wire route.
He is. Kmet, McBride, Otton, Juwan Johnson

Or I could trade Wilson or Rondale Moore for maybe Pitts? Or Friermuth?

Huh? He has played very well in Minnesota and is basically option #2 in the passing game. 16 receptions on 20 targets for 115 yds in two games. That is really good for the TE position.

I think Kmet is going to be a factor now that Fields is progressing. He would be my target at this point because I don't have to give up anything to get him.

I think Kmet is going to be a factor now that Fields is progressing. He would be my target at this point because I don't have to give up anything to get him.
I don’t have priority to grab a TE with bye weeks this week and Goedert also hurt.

Here are the updated options.

Struggling with strategy here in a short bench. I have no TE. Can’t pickup one unless K. Allen is out.

My two options are both on table.

Option 1. I give Jeff Wilson to a non playoff team. I get Kyle Pitts but then have his Week 14 bye. Good talent not used yet but targets are there.

Option 2. I give Rondale Moore and Jeff Wilson. I get Hockenson and a waiver player (Allen Robinson, Campbell, Melvin Gordon, Christian Watson, Damian Harris handcuff) I’d have to start whoever I grab due to byes.

Healthy Roster

Herbert
CMC
Lamb
Hopkins
Godwin
DK Metcalf
TE
K
D

Bench

K. Allen
Stevenson
Kyler Murrary
Elijah Mitchell handcuff
Rondale Moore/ Whoever I grab on waivers.

Huh? He has played very well in Minnesota and is basically option #2 in the passing game. 16 receptions on 20 targets for 115 yds in two games. That is really good for the TE position.

I just gave my general opinion to the person who started this thread.

What I meant by Hockenson not playing very well is that in my mind, he hasn't distinguished himself as a definitely better fantasy football scoring option than a few of the wavier wire options the OP has available to him. Hockensen had two big games this year, while all of the other games are more pedestrian type scoring. Why pay for a TE in a trade, when you can get a similar one with some upside off the wavier wire for free? I really like a few of these young TEs like McBride, Otton, Dulcich, and possibly a few others just as much or more than I like Hockenson, that is what I meant that he isn't playing well lately.

I may have missed it, but I do not know the format of the league the OP is playing in. If he is playing in a dynasty league, I would favor a younger TE with upside off the wavier wire more than trading for one that I view as similar in value. When you compare how some of these younger TEs have been scoring in the last few games, they have only scored about 2 to 5 points less per game than Hockenson. I am just giving my general opinion, in the hopes that the OP chooses his preference. I have no problem with someone questioning the logic behind my opinion, but I start wondering a little when someone doesn't see the obvious logic of my opinion.

Like Fairwarning. I also like keeping Wilson the RB more than gaining a TE that may score a few more points per game, so why is my opinion not correct?

If I were the OP, I would choose his preference of the TEs he likes off the wavier wire, unless there are other players that he prefers to get off the wavier wire before he chooses a TE. Will Christian Watson last on the waiver wire very long?

I just gave my general opinion to the person who started this thread.

What I meant by Hockenson not playing very well is that in my mind, he hasn't distinguished himself as a definitely better fantasy football scoring option than a few of the wavier wire options the OP has available to him. Hockensen had two big games this year, while all of the other games are more pedestrian type scoring. Why pay for a TE in a trade, when you can get a similar one with some upside off the wavier wire for free? I really like a few of these young TEs like McBride, Otton, Dulcich, and possibly a few others just as much or more than I like Hockenson, that is what I meant that he isn't playing well lately.

I may have missed it, but I do not know the format of the league the OP is playing in. If he is playing in a dynasty league, I would favor a younger TE with upside off the wavier wire more than trading for one that I view as similar in value. When you compare how some of these younger TEs have been scoring in the last few games, they have only scored about 2 to 5 points less per game than Hockenson. I am just giving my general opinion, in the hopes that the OP chooses his preference. I have no problem with someone questioning the logic behind my opinion, but I start wondering a little when someone doesn't see the obvious logic of my opinion.

Like Fairwarning. I also like keeping Wilson the RB more than gaining a TE that may score a few more points per game, so why is my opinion not correct?

If I were the OP, I would choose his preference of the TEs he likes off the wavier wire, unless there are other players that he prefers to get off the wavier wire before he chooses a TE. Will Christian Watson last on the waiver wire very long?
Prefering a different TE is fine and your perogitive but saying the Hockenson hasn't been performing well is not true. He has been a target hog since being traded to Minnesota and is the #2 option currently in their offense. While he may have been "pedestrian" for most of the year that was while on Detroit. A drastic change occurred to his outlook by changing teams and that is the performance base you need to evaluate on. Since coming to Minny he has 16 catches on 20 targets over two games for 115 yards. That is not bad performing as you stated.

Now, with Kmet on waivers, I agree that he should have been the target because he is ascending as well with Fields taking a step so we are in agreement there. My only disagreement with you was Hockenson underperforming since he moved to Minnesota. He has performed great for a TE in his new role. Now whether you trade away assets for that or not is a different question.

You are attempting to rationalize my point away Hockenson is ok, but his ability to outperform other NFL TEs is in question, let's just face it, we differ slightly in our opinions, isn't that what makes the world go around?

For several years, Hockenson was a large part of the Detroit offense, and he didn't become a star, so his ff scoring ability might or may improve in Minnesota, but the Vikings have several star offense players that expect touches (that Detroit didn't have) . So Hockenson is putting up decent stats on his new team, but I like some of this younger talent at TE in the NFL this year better than Hockenson.

My point is that Hockenson has not distinguished himself as consistently outscoring or out performing other TEs relative to several younger NFL talents with upside at TE. Hockenson is good, but is kind of a roster cloggier. I definitely would prefer to take a flyer on some of these young TEs with upside over Hockenson.

Isn't that part of the OP question? How to react to replacing an TE with injury?

I am fine with your opinion, why is mine incorrect, when our opinions are very similar?

Please let this go, I do not want to deal with this issue any more.

This is what I commented on. This statement is about Hock's performance "lately". Not historically or his role in Detroit

Hock is performing well "lately" with 16 receptions on 20 targets since coming to the Vikes. That is all. Top 5 in PPR the last two weeks after his situation changed

Users who are viewing this thread