What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Trade help needed - updated with team info and scoring (1 Viewer)

Rhythmdoctor

Footballguy
I will acquire - AJ Green, Sony Michel, Evan Engram

I will give - Leonard Fournette, Marvin Jones, Zach Ertz

We have exact rosters (not flexible) so this is essentially Fournette for Green. PPR scoring

Edit to add: roster requirements and scoring. This is a RE-DRAFT league.

Scoring and Rules:

1 PPR for all positions

6 point TDs for all positions

12 point TDs that are non-traditional (RB passes/receives, QB rushes/receives, WR passes/rushes etc...)

2 points bonus for length of TD starting at 20 yards (20-39 gets 2 bonus points, 40-59 gets 4 bonus points etc...)

0.1 per yard for all except TE who get 0.15 per yard

We also have exact or non-flexible roster requirements: 3 QBs, 5 RBs, 6 WRs, 3 TEs, 2PK, 2DST

Starting Roster Requirements:

1 QB

1 RB

2 WR

1 TE

2 FLEX (RB, WR, TE)

My Team:

C Newton

A Dalton (R)

D Carr (R)

L Fournette

I Crowell (R)

N Chubb (R)

D Henry (R)

A Peterson (R)

D Hopkins

W Fuller

C Sutton (R)

K Cole

M Jones (R)

M Williams (R)

Z Ertz

N Vannett (R)

J Reed

J Elliott

R Bullock (R)

Jaguars

Vikings (R)

Last edited by a moderator:
I would say it depends on the rest of your team and if you are stronger at RB or WR. You are downgrading at RB and TE which probably isn't the best thing to be doing.

I only need to start 1 RB or up to 3 (dual flex). Other RBs I own are: AP, Crowell, Henry, Chubb. Right now I’m having trouble deciding on RB and flex. I’m trying to make it easier by strengthening my WRs. Also, I have Jordan Reed too. I’ve been starting both Reed and Ertz because we award 0.15 points per yard for TEs, essentially making this a TE premium league. I like Engram though but TE is a strength for me. 

Updated original post with team and league details. I was on iphone earlier, so it was difficult to put all that in.

On the surface it seems like a fair deal. If you were stacked at RB, I’d say go for it. 

Fournette seems injury prone, and Engram/Ertz are almost a wash value-wise.

that said, you’re not at all stacked at RB, and AJ Green is a sell-high after his 3-TD explosion. 

I would suggest you hold. If you’re going to package Fournette, you’ll need to get a RB in return as part of the compensation. 

In a keeper league I’d like Sony more. In redraft you’re trading one headache (injury bug) for another (usage / Pats backfield) and getting really thin at RB in the process.

i wouldn’t give up on Fournette this quickly - he’s going to have some monster games. I like your WR corps plenty without Green. Obviously Green is a get, but you’re sacrificing balance to get him. 

I would hold. 

On the surface it seems like a fair deal. If you were stacked at RB, I’d say go for it. 

Fournette seems injury prone, and Engram/Ertz are almost a wash value-wise.

that said, you’re not at all stacked at RB, and AJ Green is a sell-high after his 3-TD explosion. 

I would suggest you hold. If you’re going to package Fournette, you’ll need to get a RB in return as part of the compensation. 

In a keeper league I’d like Sony more. In redraft you’re trading one headache (injury bug) for another (usage / Pats backfield) and getting really thin at RB in the process.

i wouldn’t give up on Fournette this quickly - he’s going to have some monster games. I like your WR corps plenty without Green. Obviously Green is a get, but you’re sacrificing balance to get him. 

I would hold. 
The challenge here is that I have too much talent on my team and it's hard to decide on a starting lineup. My thinking is that acquiring Green makes him an instant starter along with Nuk and Fuller and make it easier on who to start. I only need to start 1 RB, so I'm fine losing Fournette. I hear what you're saying for sure, but I don't like having to make the call on who to start. I like having a definitive starting lineup.

I would stand pat if I was you. Engram is nice, but he is going to be up and down. Ertz will be solid all year especially with most of the Philly receivers banged up. Marvin Jones is well above Michel and he hasn't had any really good games yet and the Lions are bad, and their defense is really bad and he will get a ton of chances. Michel is a lotto ticket. Green and Fournette are pretty even with a slight edge to Green. I would do Fournette and Jones for Green and Michel. Anything more is paying too much in my opinion. 

I am assuming this is redraft. If not then I would have to rethink the whole thing.

In redraft I would stand pat. If Fournette did not suffer a freakish injury you likely wouldn't even consider doing this. I can see Marvin Jones keeping place close enough to Green where it is not worth the downgrades at two other positions. You only have to start 1 RB but do you feel good starting Michel or Crowell each week when both are competing for carries?

I would stand pat if I was you. Engram is nice, but he is going to be up and down. Ertz will be solid all year especially with most of the Philly receivers banged up. Marvin Jones is well above Michel and he hasn't had any really good games yet and the Lions are bad, and their defense is really bad and he will get a ton of chances. Michel is a lotto ticket. Green and Fournette are pretty even with a slight edge to Green. I would do Fournette and Jones for Green and Michel. Anything more is paying too much in my opinion. 

I am assuming this is redraft. If not then I would have to rethink the whole thing.
I don't like Marvin Jones this year.  I think Golladay is better and they also have Tate. I would probably put Engram on bench and only start Reed. I've been starting both Ertz and Reed first 2 weeks.  I love Green before his 3 TD game. I don't like having a bunch of guys with similar upside, it makes choosing starting lineups much harder. I usually start same guys every week no matter the matchup and that method has worked for me for over 20 years.  Playing matchups never works out as expected so I'd rather eliminate that altogether.

In redraft I would stand pat. If Fournette did not suffer a freakish injury you likely wouldn't even consider doing this. I can see Marvin Jones keeping place close enough to Green where it is not worth the downgrades at two other positions. You only have to start 1 RB but do you feel good starting Michel or Crowell each week when both are competing for carries?
I'd be starting AP or Henry most weeks.

No friggen way should you do that deal. About the only move you should make is to replace Vannett with someone else.

Since I still have faith in Henry and AP, that's why I'm even considering this. If I had zero startable RBs, I would not consider this trade. But I do think Henry will get it going and until then, I'll start AP.

The challenge here is that I have too much talent on my team and it's hard to decide on a starting lineup. My thinking is that acquiring Green makes him an instant starter along with Nuk and Fuller and make it easier on who to start. I only need to start 1 RB, so I'm fine losing Fournette. I hear what you're saying for sure, but I don't like having to make the call on who to start. I like having a definitive starting lineup.
Only starting 1 RB helps, but you’re still giving up too much for Green.

You lose value at WR, as I expect Ertz to be better/more consistent/higher floor than Engram.

And starting just one RB, you’d want it to be your 1st round pick. 

IMO your best approach is packaging Henry/AP for a top tier WR. Surely there’s a team in need of RB, even with the “start 1” lineup. 

Deal from strength to a team with weakness. 

In its current form, you’re giving up the best player in the deal, even if he hasn’t lived up to it just yet. 

Good luck! 

Very tough call. I strongly prefer AJ to Fournette but Jones and Ertz are way better than Sony and Engram. I would be worried about having a consistent filler for TE and RB. However, it is a 1RB league and PPR so I think getting AJ is a big enough advantage so pull the trigger on it. Plus Sony does have huge upside.

I'd be starting AP or Henry most weeks.
Yeah I'm not that high on AP and right now it's pretty tough to trust Henry (although I could see him turning it around). I would still stand pat because generally I would rather start a RB over a WR in the Flex spot (although obviously it depends on the players.

Agree with Ilove80s - I think Green >>>>>> Fournette.
When you drafted Fournette was Green already off the board?

You are letting one game influence you if you are putting that many ">" signs between them. If Green has a 3 catch for 40 yard performance and Fournette goes for 100 and 2 TDs will that change?

When you drafted Fournette was Green already off the board?

You are letting one game influence you if you are putting that many ">" signs between them. If Green has a 3 catch for 40 yard performance and Fournette goes for 100 and 2 TDs will that change?
Green went before Fournette.  I'm not letting week 2 influence me, I thought Green was very underrated going into drafts this year.  I didn't like Fournette coming out of college but thought he had a high enough floor, I took a chance on him this year but I'm really not a fan.

Green went before Fournette.  I'm not letting week 2 influence me, I thought Green was very underrated going into drafts this year.  I didn't like Fournette coming out of college but thought he had a high enough floor, I took a chance on him this year but I'm really not a fan.
Then make the trade - bottom line is sometimes you need to trust your gut. You won't forgive yourself otherwise.

I don't like Marvin Jones this year.  I think Golladay is better and they also have Tate. I would probably put Engram on bench and only start Reed. I've been starting both Ertz and Reed first 2 weeks.  I love Green before his 3 TD game. I don't like having a bunch of guys with similar upside, it makes choosing starting lineups much harder. I usually start same guys every week no matter the matchup and that method has worked for me for over 20 years.  Playing matchups never works out as expected so I'd rather eliminate that altogether.
Whether you like him or not doesn't mean you should give him away for pennies on the dollar. He is still producing at wr2 levels and we don't know if it is Golladay will come back to earth or Tate will regress or if it will be Jones. Selling him is fine, but giving him up for Michel is taking 30 or 40 cents on the dollar.

Far from a slam dunk since Ertz > Engram and you don't have much at RB behind Fournette. Your WR group is pretty weak though and Green would be a big boost.

I'd probably do it in redraft with just 1 mandatory RB. You're in a bad spot either way, but Green is more reliable than Fournette and there are scenarios where one of Chubb/Henry/Peterson/Crowell puts together a decent season to fill your RB spot.

Shocked to hear that since Fournette was a universal top 12 pick (usually top 8) and Green was a near universal mid-to-late second rounder. 

Far from a slam dunk since Ertz > Engram and you don't have much at RB behind Fournette. Your WR group is pretty weak though and Green would be a big boost.

I'd probably do it in redraft with just 1 mandatory RB. You're in a bad spot either way, but Green is more reliable than Fournette and there are scenarios where one of Chubb/Henry/Peterson/Crowell puts together a decent season to fill your RB spot.
Yeah, pretty much exactly how I view this. Sorry everyone, I got tied up at work. Much thanks to everyone for your valued input!

Users who are viewing this thread