What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Trade help.. Trade Montgomery (1 Viewer)

mekanix48

Footballguy
Should I trade Montgomery and Olave for Pollard and Hockenson? My Team
J Allen
Ekeler
Montgomery
Olave
A Cooper
Lockett
Sutton
mclaurin
J Downs
Kincaid
In my league scoring Hockenson is large .. and a little worried about Monty with Gibbs
thanx in advance

As a Cowboys fan, I wouldn't. I think Dowdle is going to start taking touches and Dak is running more now.

It really boils down to Hockenson but Olave will have more targets with MT gone.

thanx for the input whats yor take on Montgomery rest of year
I like Montgomery a lot. I think he's probably the head of Tier 3 for RBs. Behind guys like JT, CMC, Swift, ETN, Ekeler and maybe Breece. Certainly not as talented as Hall but superior situation.

I think Gibbs will get his carries too and (can't believe I'm writing this) the Lions offense is very good and can probably support both backs. I just think Montgomery is still the short yardage back and not in jeopardy of losing GL work to Gibbs or Goff (can't say that about Pollard).

I like Hockenson a lot and think he's probably a good acquisition over Olave but don't think I'd want Pollard over Montgomery and the only thing holding Pollard in this conversation is perceived volume, which reports out of DAL is they'd like to get Dowdle more involved. Pollard maybe has a good game this week against the Panthers but I'm curious to see Rico Dowdles usage too. Give me Lions ROS schedule over Dallas too.

Should I trade Montgomery and Olave for Pollard and Hockenson? My Team
J Allen
Ekeler
Montgomery
Olave
A Cooper
Lockett
Sutton
mclaurin
J Downs
Kincaid
In my league scoring Hockenson is large .. and a little worried about Monty with Gibbs
thanx in advance
Don't do it. (Be it known, I have Olave and Hockenson in my main league.)

The Lions love Monty. He will continue to get touches the rest of the year. This isn't a Swift/Gainwell situation. He won't get 20+ touches every week, but is still valuable on that team with 12-26.

M Thomas may have a fairly serious knee injury. I've been waiting on news about that. He'll likely be out for awhile so Olave will likley inc his target share. Last 5 weeks have been 15, 10, 9, 8, abd 9. Already good numbers and only going up.

Hock has been incredible, but Jefferson will eat into those targets when he gets back.

Dowdle looks good and may be in line for even more targets if Pollard doesn't start looking like his old self.

Users who are viewing this thread