What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Trade Help! WHIR (1 Viewer)

Mkha2240

Footballguy
10-Team Standard | 1 QB | 2 WR | 2 RB | 1 TE | 1 Flex | 1 DST | 1 K | 7 Bench
My Team 6-6 (competition for playoff spot still)
QB: Goff, Luck | WR: Hilton, Cook, Funchess | RB: DJ, Gordon (out), Howard, Ekeler, Edwards, Thompson, Murray
TE: Olsen, Engram | DST: Chargers | K: Zurlein
Other Team 6-6 (competition as well but just lost Kareem Hunt)
QB: Wentz | WR: Hopkins, Thielen, Woods, Robinson, Amendola | RB: Hunt (removed from team), Blue, Crowell
TE: Brate | DST: Steelers, Dolphins | K: Lutz, Bryant

We've been in trade talks for a while however the other team is severely thin on running backs and just lost his main running back (Kareem Hunt) today. He has some top receivers and he's interested in Gus Edwards. Think I can swap Gus + 1 for Thielen or Hopkins? It would be a stellar set-up for Hopkins/Thielen, Hilton, Cook, DJ, Ekeler/Gordon (if he comes back for our late playoffs).

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
You could try, however if you are battling this particular team for a playoff spot you need to ask yourself does this help you or hurt you this week?  Unless there is a viable RB he can pick up on waivers I might let him struggle.

You could try, however if you are battling this particular team for a playoff spot you need to ask yourself does this help you or hurt you this week?  Unless there is a viable RB he can pick up on waivers I might let him struggle.
We have two conferences among the 10 teams and we're in opposite sides however with how the other players he's fighting are far superior and checking his schedule before playoffs, I don't think he stands a chance . He's also projected to loss by a huge margin this week as well. On my side, I've tied with two other teams at 6-6 and a team ahead that's 8-4. Including this week, we have a total of 3 remaining games before playoffs (two top teams, two wild card).

With that, would you still attempt a trade or just keep with this current team? 

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't see a trade here that will work unfortunately.  Hopkins is who I would be after and Funchess (not healthy) + Gus doesn't get it done in my opinion.  Gus straight up for Robinson or Woods could work.  Not sure that's value for your team.  Just not seeing him trading one of this top two WRs for Gus and Funchess.  

Thanks for mine.

maddog2827 said:
I don't see a trade here that will work unfortunately.  Hopkins is who I would be after and Funchess (not healthy) + Gus doesn't get it done in my opinion.  Gus straight up for Robinson or Woods could work.  Not sure that's value for your team.  Just not seeing him trading one of this top two WRs for Gus and Funchess.  

Thanks for mine.
Believe it or not, once I found out that Melvin Gordon could be back next week, I shipped out Ekeler and Edwards for Hopkins (he was in bad need for RBs).
Then with another team, I traded Luck & Howard for Lindsay & Christian Kirk.

I had no need for a 2nd QB and Howard was playing RB2 behind Cohen so far in Nagy's system. Lindsay and Hopkins (at this very moment) are doing better than all the players I have currently traded out. I feel suffice with the trades so far, but thanks for the the help! I was looking at Gus for Woods but it would have been risky running Cooks & Woods.

Users who are viewing this thread