What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Trade Patrick Queen? (1 Viewer)

Jayded

Footballguy
I'm in a deep Devy IDP league that starts 22 players a week. 

Starting positions : QB, RB(2), WR(2), TE, WRT(4), WRTQ, DL(2), LB(2), DB(2), IDP(5)

One owner is a huge LSU fan and has almost completed his mission of having his entire roster be made up of ex-LSU players. He reached out with our draft coming to acquire Patrick Queen and at face value is offering a ton. However, since this is year 3 of the Devy cycle, we've got people already reaching into the 2025 class as well. The draft will largely be players coming into the league people didn't see coming (ex. Pickett) or Devys that popped but weren't on previous years' radars.

Current starters for me:
QB : A Rodgers
RB: C McCaffrey, J Conner
WR: J Jeudy, R Woods
TE: K Pitts
WRT: C Claypool, P Freiermuth, B Hall, C Akers
WRTQ: D Watson
DL: H Reddick, H Landry
LB: B Wagner, P Queen
DB: L Ryan, K Moore
IDP: J Owusu-Koramoah, K Curl, K White, D Long, Z Smith

I have a lot of young depth at LB like K White, JOK, Davion Taylor, and Azeez Al-Shaair, but not should-be top end talent like Queen.

He's offering the 1.04 and a bunch of old defenders I honestly have little interest in (JJ Watt, Demario Daniels, etc.). My devy line up is good on paper, but anything can happen there (ex. I have DJ Uiagalelei & Jayden Daniels as QBs ugh).

QB and WR are my current depth concerns between roster and devy. With the 1.04, some of the players that would be available = Kenny Pickett, Kenneth Walker, James Cook, Jameson Williams, George Pickens, Justyn Ross, Christian Watson, Skyy Moore. 

Do it or sit tight?

What type scoring system (tackle heavy, big play, balanced, etc)?  How did Queen fair with your scoring system the last couple years?  In my leagues he has been a pretty big disappointment (finished 54th LB in a big play scoring league and 32nd in a tackle heavy scoring system).    Also, how many teams in your league?  

For a devy league it seems you have quite a few good "rookies" available in the draft so that 1.04 might be a solid pick.  Bottom line is I don't see Queen as a "top end talent" for FF.  He just doesn't score that well as he seems to be a better real player than FF player.  Is there any way you can counter with some "older" type players that would benefit you more to go along with the 1.04?   Do you have another LSU alum that you can throw in to sweeten the pot?  

Bottom line for me is that Queen really isn't very impactful so I would likely do the deal if I could get another piece that would have some benefit to me.  

Gally said:
What type scoring system (tackle heavy, big play, balanced, etc)?  How did Queen fair with your scoring system the last couple years?  In my leagues he has been a pretty big disappointment (finished 54th LB in a big play scoring league and 32nd in a tackle heavy scoring system).    Also, how many teams in your league?  

For a devy league it seems you have quite a few good "rookies" available in the draft so that 1.04 might be a solid pick.  Bottom line is I don't see Queen as a "top end talent" for FF.  He just doesn't score that well as he seems to be a better real player than FF player.  Is there any way you can counter with some "older" type players that would benefit you more to go along with the 1.04?   Do you have another LSU alum that you can throw in to sweeten the pot?  

Bottom line for me is that Queen really isn't very impactful so I would likely do the deal if I could get another piece that would have some benefit to me.  
Appreciate the feedback. Scoring weighs heavy to big plays like sacks and interceptions. Wagner is a top mainstay because of his tackle volume but Queen has been in the LB30-40 range this far. My main concern would be the age of my team as a whole is long in the tooth and I need to start down the youth movement path. 

Having a few good young LBs makes me more ok considering this especially if I can grab one of the top QBs or WRs where I’d like to gain youth depth. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Appreciate the feedback. Scoring weighs heavy to big plays like sacks and interceptions. Wagner is a top mainstay because of his tackle volume but Queen has been in the LB30-40 range this far. My main concern would be the age of my team as a whole is long in the tooth and I need to start down the youth movement path. 

Having a few good young LBs makes me more ok considering this especially if I can grab one of the top QBs or WRs where I’d like to gain youth depth. 
Maybe look to get a youngish player added to the 1.04 that you think has a path to starting on your roster.  Whatever position you need a little depth/upside to go along with it.  If this guy really wants LSU guys he should be willing to put in a piece like that to get Queen.  

Maybe look to get a youngish player added to the 1.04 that you think has a path to starting on your roster.  Whatever position you need a little depth/upside to go along with it.  If this guy really wants LSU guys he should be willing to put in a piece like that to get Queen.  
Yeah main challenge is he’s almost all the way there so very limited options other than some of the noted vets to go haha. 

I was tempted to ask him to throw in Corey Davis instead of defenders since he’s movable as non-LSU and because Ridley is my WR1 so could use more bodies there too.  No other real movable pieces other than the old defenders he already offered (JJ Watt, Demario Davis, Randy Gregory, Sheldon Rankins) unless I ask for a future pick. His 1.04 is the only pick remaining in the 2022 draft as he sold the farm last year to get his LSU guys. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah main challenge is he’s almost all the way there so very limited options other than some of the noted vets to go haha. 

I was tempted to ask him to throw in Corey Davis instead of defenders since he’s movable as non-LSU and because Ridley is my WR1 so could use more bodies there too.  No other real movable pieces other than the old defenders he already offered (JJ Watt, Demario Davis, Randy Gregory, Sheldon Rankins) unless I ask for a future pick. His 1.04 is the only pick remaining in the 2022 draft as he sold the farm last year to get his LSU guys. 
I like Gregory in Denver.  What about getting 1.04, Davis and Gregory.  That might line up ok if you have the roster space

I like Gregory in Denver.  What about getting 1.04, Davis and Gregory.  That might line up ok if you have the roster space
He ended up offering me Corey Davis, Demario Davis, and the 1.04 and I'm going to accept. I agree with your overall assessment that I initially worried about LBer but fell into Al-Shaair for free last year and same for David Long the year before. I like Queen, but not at the expense of passing up the 1.04 and a shot at either an immediate impact rookie or if the top-top guys are gone, I can have my choice of Devys too.

He ended up offering me Corey Davis, Demario Davis, and the 1.04 and I'm going to accept. I agree with your overall assessment that I initially worried about LBer but fell into Al-Shaair for free last year and same for David Long the year before. I like Queen, but not at the expense of passing up the 1.04 and a shot at either an immediate impact rookie or if the top-top guys are gone, I can have my choice of Devys too.
Depending on your scoring and positional situation I would like Gregory better than Davis but It's a good deal either way.

Depending on your scoring and positional situation I would like Gregory better than Davis but It's a good deal either way.
I forgot important rookies to list too since I only listed offense. If I panic in the next week and worry about LB, I can always grab Devin Lloyd as well. I now have 2 first round picks, so I can still grab a top LBer high if need be too with this flexibility.

The 1.4 by itself was more than enough

i take Lloyd over Queen first of all. So that is worse case scenario

love to see the All LSU lineup. 

Users who are viewing this thread