What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Trade? (1 Viewer)

Noahs Troopers

Footballguy
Looking for thoughts on a possible trade, I'd get Odell Thurman and give up Samkon Gado in a Zealots league. Can start 2-3 RB and 2-3 LB. Try to start 3 @ each.

My RB =

Barber, Tiki NYG RB 18.10 4 FA

Brown, Dee KCC RB - 3 FA

Davenport, Najeh PIT RB - 4 FA

Foster, De'shaun CAR RB 7.40 9 FA

Gado, Samkon HOU RB 1.93 5 FA

Goings, Nick CAR RB (Q) 1.00 9 FA

Maroney, Laurence NEP RB ® 10.08 6 1.02

McGahee, Willis BUF RB 9.40 8 FA

Shelton, Eric CAR RB - 9 FA

Thomas, Anthony BUF RB 10.50 8 FA

My LB =

Bailey, Boss DET LB 2.00 8 FA

Briggs, Lance CHI LB 12.00 7 FA

Bruschi, Tedy NEP LB (Q) - 6 FA

Johnson, Landon CIN LB 8.00 5 FA

June, Cato IND LB 4.50 6 FA

McCoy, Matt PHI LB 10.50 9 FA

Spikes, Takeo BUF LB (Q) 6.00 8 FA

Last edited by a moderator:
Looking for thoughts on a possible trade, I'd get Odell Thurman and give up Samkon Gado in a Zealots league. Can start 2-3 RB and 2-3 LB. Try to start 3 @ each. My RB = Barber, Tiki NYG RB 18.10 4 FA Brown, Dee KCC RB - 3 FA Davenport, Najeh PIT RB - 4 FA Foster, De'shaun CAR RB 7.40 9 FA Gado, Samkon HOU RB 1.93 5 FA Goings, Nick CAR RB (Q) 1.00 9 FA Maroney, Laurence NEP RB ® 10.08 6 1.02 McGahee, Willis BUF RB 9.40 8 FA Shelton, Eric CAR RB - 9 FA Thomas, Anthony BUF RB 10.50 8 FA My LB = Bailey, Boss DET LB 2.00 8 FA Briggs, Lance CHI LB 12.00 7 FA Bruschi, Tedy NEP LB (Q) - 6 FA Johnson, Landon CIN LB 8.00 5 FA June, Cato IND LB 4.50 6 FA McCoy, Matt PHI LB 10.50 9 FA Spikes, Takeo BUF LB (Q) 6.00 8 FA
I would make the trade. Just got word that Gado is 3rd string behind Lundi and Dayne. You already have Foster, Maroney (who will be starting soon IMHO), McGehee and Tiki.Thurman is a stud and would probably be your top LB. Spikes is SLB now and Johnson will probably not start when Thurman gets back.

Looking for thoughts on a possible trade, I'd get Odell Thurman and give up Samkon Gado in a Zealots league. Can start 2-3 RB and 2-3 LB. Try to start 3 @ each. My RB = Barber, Tiki NYG RB 18.10 4 FA Brown, Dee KCC RB - 3 FA Davenport, Najeh PIT RB - 4 FA Foster, De'shaun CAR RB 7.40 9 FA Gado, Samkon HOU RB 1.93 5 FA Goings, Nick CAR RB (Q) 1.00 9 FA Maroney, Laurence NEP RB ® 10.08 6 1.02 McGahee, Willis BUF RB 9.40 8 FA Shelton, Eric CAR RB - 9 FA Thomas, Anthony BUF RB 10.50 8 FA My LB = Bailey, Boss DET LB 2.00 8 FA Briggs, Lance CHI LB 12.00 7 FA Bruschi, Tedy NEP LB (Q) - 6 FA Johnson, Landon CIN LB 8.00 5 FA June, Cato IND LB 4.50 6 FA McCoy, Matt PHI LB 10.50 9 FA Spikes, Takeo BUF LB (Q) 6.00 8 FA
I would make the trade. Just got word that Gado is 3rd string behind Lundi and Dayne. You already have Foster, Maroney (who will be starting soon IMHO), McGehee and Tiki.Thurman is a stud and would probably be your top LB. Spikes is SLB now and Johnson will probably not start when Thurman gets back.
I'm leaning that way due to weak LB, NFL Network broke into the regular program to report Gado is going to Start this week vs. Indy. Does that change your opinion?

I'm leaning that way due to weak LB, NFL Network broke into the regular program to report Gado is going to Start this week vs. Indy. Does that change your opinion?
Wow :confused: That's not what I heard. If true, that would definitely make me rethink this trade.This is from RTSports:Houston Texans RB Samkon Gado will serve as the team's No. 3 tailback.Fantasy Impact: He could move up, though, if Wali Lundy and Ron Dayne can't get it done. Either way, Gado should get some touches for the Texans, giving him some fantasy value. He is worth a flyer if you have room on your bench.

Last edited by a moderator:
I would shop Gado first. Contact each owner individually. See what else you might be able to get for him at the LB position.

I own Gado and Thurman on the same Zealots team. Thurman is a BEAST but has some off the field problems. If I thought I could get a LB without as much risk just by asking, I would ask.

If you cannot get anyone else to bite, then I would consider the trade but try and push for a late round...4th/5th...draft pick. Thurman is solid but he is missing some games and Gado is a RB that could play sooner than later. See if you cannot pry away another rookie pick.

Then, next spring, package your two 4th rounders for someone's 3rd and get another blue chip defensive player.

More opinions please for the IDP novice. :hey:
IMHO, you will not see any significant points from Gado in the next couple of weeks even if he eventually will become the starter. In that respect Thurman is the same though - earliest point from him are week 6 but it is not certain he will be in game shape - luckily for him he comes back for the bye so he has an extra week of prep in the Cincy compound (which he is barred from now)Even allowing for Spikes being injured (I have him and Odell on one team as well - ouch) and being SLB, you have McCoy, Briggs, June and soon Bruschi as base starters. for RB you have Barber, McGahee, Foster, Maroney and Gado (eventually, maybe).It comes down to whether you think Gado will become the man in HOU or if he will be Mike Anderson to Lundi's Bell. If you think he's the man, don't do it.

You could use the LB's... if you think Gado won't do anything.. I'd pull the trigger. Also, if GB cut him, you know he must not be that good... not to mention he was pretty raw last year... GB had to play him because they had nobody left to play. I'd pull the trigger... quickly

Users who are viewing this thread