What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Trading CMC in a rebuild without getting picks in return (1 Viewer)

Terpman22

Footballguy
Not sure what his value is to get great great returns, but in a nutshell, trying to rebuild and just start over. Here is the first trade I got offered, I don't think its great value, so I replied with a bunch of 1sts/2nds and I guess I'm also way off. Any feedback would be appreciated

1 QB PPR league, 12 teams

I get:
Rashad Penny
Brian Robinson
Juju
Evan Engram

Other team gets:
CMC
Goedert
2.06 pick this year
2nd next year

Am I crazy or shouldn't *I* be the one receiving draft picks in a swap out for CMC.

Any feedback would be appreciated!

I don't think you should necessarily be getting picks back in any trade but this is not a good trade for a team that is trying to burn it down and start over. First off, Goedert is a nice piece that I would want to be keeping in a rebuild. He is finally blossoming and is a main cog in a great offense and should be that way for a few years so I wouldn't be moving him for a guy like Engram that has woefully underperformed for his career.

For CMC something lIke Penny, Robinson and a pick package seems like the direction you should be going. I am not a fan of Robinson & Penny in a deal like this but if you are then it is a good starting point. Looks like the guy is trying to give under market value for CMC.

I don't think you should necessarily be getting picks back in any trade but this is not a good trade for a team that is trying to burn it down and start over. First off, Goedert is a nice piece that I would want to be keeping in a rebuild. He is finally blossoming and is a main cog in a great offense and should be that way for a few years so I wouldn't be moving him for a guy like Engram that has woefully underperformed for his career.

For CMC something lIke Penny, Robinson and a pick package seems like the direction you should be going. I am not a fan of Robinson & Penny in a deal like this but if you are then it is a good starting point. Looks like the guy is trying to give under market value for CMC.
Thanks. I feel the same, CMC is still only 26 (will be 27 this season) but realistically should offer *elite* production over the next 2 years. And I'm with you on Engram. The guy said "this is fair for DLF calculator" but I always hate those things and this doesn't make me think better of any dynasty type calculator. Brian Robinson doesn't do much for me, seems like a JAG that offers nothing in the passing game.

Thanks. I feel the same, CMC is still only 26 (will be 27 this season) but realistically should offer *elite* production over the next 2 years. And I'm with you on Engram. The guy said "this is fair for DLF calculator" but I always hate those things and this doesn't make me think better of any dynasty type calculator. Brian Robinson doesn't do much for me, seems like a JAG that offers nothing in the passing game.
Use this to your advantage. Go to the DLF calculator and craft a trade that you like that is "fair by the DLF calculator". He might just take it.

I think calculators are useless for showing true values but they can be used to your advantage if you know a guy relies on them.

This offer is crap. As a rebuilder I wouldn't take everything he offered for just your early 2024 second.
Really? I think Robinson and Penny are definitely pieces worth acquiring (but not at the price of the original offer). For the price of a 2024 2nd rounder I would definitely take the RB's. The other are just fodder and add no value (Engram may if you are absolutely desperate at TE).

This offer is crap. As a rebuilder I wouldn't take everything he offered for just your early 2024 second.
Really? I think Robinson and Penny are definitely pieces worth acquiring (but not at the price of the original offer). For the price of a 2024 2nd rounder I would definitely take the RB's. The other are just fodder and add no value (Engram may if you are absolutely desperate at TE).

Penny isn't worth anything to me in redraft. He can't never stay healthy. Robinson is okay, but I would rather have a 2nd than him.

Yeah, sorry about that. My phone autocorrected to redraft from rookie draft. I wouldn't draft Penny in a rookie draft of 4 rounds.
Ah.......I disagree and definitely think Penny is worth a rookie pick for sure in the most prolific rushing offense in the league. Will he flame our? Maybe.....Will they draft someone else? Probably......Will he get injured? Definitely........But he is worth the risk to see what happens......He has been very good when healthy and used.

Ok, so in another league, I got this offer where I'd be receiving CMC, 1 QB leagues

Current QB's Russ/Zappe
Current RBs: Blackshear/Dillon/ETN/Breece/Najee/Michel/Pierce Sanders

Trade offer: I give Hall/Dillon/Drake London/1.8/2.7/2024 1st
I get: CMC/Mahomes/Swift Thielen

Am I crazy for considering this??

I would be left with the 2.8 and 3.7 picks

WR, I'd have some work to do main guys would be Cooper, Chark, Marvin Jones, Rondale Moore, Palmer, Pierce, Renfrow, Shakir

I would stick with what you have. You are tanking your future for the short term and I don't think your current roster is that bad.

Not sure what his value is to get great great returns, but in a nutshell, trying to rebuild and just start over. Here is the first trade I got offered, I don't think its great value, so I replied with a bunch of 1sts/2nds and I guess I'm also way off. Any feedback would be appreciated

1 QB PPR league, 12 teams

I get:
Rashad Penny
Brian Robinson
Juju
Evan Engram

Other team gets:
CMC
Goedert
2.06 pick this year
2nd next year

Am I crazy or shouldn't *I* be the one receiving draft picks in a swap out for CMC.

Any feedback would be appreciated!
you arent getting anything back, those 4 guys arent much, average guys at best. Penny is over, Juju is mid, Robinson, maybe and Engram was a nice hot play in the 2nd half of last season. Maybe get all that back for CMC by himself, but i would want some picks too. Would not include any picks and not Goedert.

Users who are viewing this thread