What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Travdogg's positional rankings from week 14 onward (1 Viewer)

travdogg

Footballguy
QB
Tier 1:
1. Josh Allen (1)
Tier 2:
2. Patrick Mahomes (2)
3. Jalen Hurts (3)
4. Joe Burrow (4)
5. Justin Fields (5)
Tier 3:
6. Kyler Murray (7), I'm honestly pretty excited to see how he finishes, he could move up a tier if Hopkins/Brown/Moore can all stay on the field together.
7. Lamar Jackson (6)
8. Tua Tagovailoa (8)
9. Justin Herbert (9)
Tier 4:
10. Geno Smith (11)
11. Trevor Lawrence (12)
12. Dak Prescott (13)
13. Deshaun Watson (10), oof, he was way rustier than I was expecting in such a cake matchup. He'll get better, but I feel bad if people rushed him into their lineups.
Tier 5:
14. Daniel Jones (14)
15. Tyler Huntley (NR), he's basically 80% of Lamar. Might only start a game or 2 but has more upside during that stretch than guys who will be starting the rest of the year.

Dropped off: Kirk Cousins (15), 1 top-12 game out of his last 4. Quietly is probably playing his worst football as a Viking, despite record.

RB
Tier 1:
1. Josh Jacobs (1)
2. Austin Ekeler (2)
3. Christian McCaffrey (6)
Tier 2:
4. Nick Chubb (5)
5. Saquon Barkley (3)
6. Jonathan Taylor (4)
Tier 3:
7. Joe Mixon (9)
8. Dalvin Cook (10)
9. Kenneth Walker (11)
10. Rhamondre Stevenson (7)
11. Aaron Jones (12)
12. Travis Etienne (8)
Tier 4:
13. Derrick Henry (14)
14. James Conner (16)
15. Alvin Kamara (15)
Tier 5:
16. Tony Pollard (25), just too explosive to have any lower, even if his workload isn't ideal. 2 top-2 finishes in last 3 weeks.
17. Miles Sanders (17)
18. Leonard Fournette (18)
19. D'Andre Swift (NR), finally healthy, he flew past Jamaal Williams in every situation this past week. I may be projecting, but I believe this is what the Lions have wanted all along, and just weren't comfortable with Swift's health.
20. Dameon Pierce (19)
21. Brian Robinson (NR), like Foreman, he's great when his team is leading, and useless when they aren't. Washington>Carolina.
22. D'Onta Foreman (22)
23. Isiah Pacheco (29), I don't think he's particularly good, but he's been an RB2 3 straight weeks, and is on one of the league's best offenses.
Tier 6:
24. Ezekiel Elliott (30)
25. Najee Harris (NR), isn't as injured as I thought he was. Still not a guy I'm super excited about though.
26. David Montgomery (13), these 75% workloads are likely disappearing after the bye.
27. Samaje Perine (NR), has enough value as a contingency option to warrant this spot, and its possible he, and Mixon, see more passing work while Hurst is banged up.
Tier 7:
28. Khalil Herbert (NR), all indications are he should be back after the bye week, and see his 40% of the work, while being far more efficient than Monty.
29. Latavius Murray (27)
30. Antonio Gibson (21), takes a backset to Robinson when Washington is leading. Defense has kept Washington in games lately.

Dropped off: Jeff Wilson (20), I was somewhat hesitant to move him up before, and this was exactly why. Miami is a hot hand offense, and it often won't be him. Jaylen Warren (23), was operating under bad info vis a vis Najee. Jamaal Williams (24), never liked fully TD dependent guys, and that's what he seems to be now. Cordarrelle Patterson (26), offense isn't good enough for him to be losing as much work to Allgeier as he is. Devin Singletary (28), suddenly may be in a 3-man RBBC, where the QB takes many of the rushing scores.

WR
Tier 1:
1. Davante Adams (3)
2. Stefon Diggs (1)
3. Justin Jefferson (2)
4. Tyreek Hill (4)
5. Ja'Marr Chase (5)
Tier 2:
6. AJ Brown (6)
7. Amon-Ra St. Brown (9)
8. CeeDee Lamb (8)
9. Jaylen Waddle (7)
Tier 3:
10. Tee Higgins (11)
11. Amari Cooper (10)
12. Christian Kirk (12)
13. DK Metcalf (13)
Tier 4:
14. DeAndre Hopkins (14)
15. Hollywood Brown (15)
16. Tyler Lockett (16)
17. Chris Olave (18)
18. Terry McLaurin (23), 4th most receiving yards in the NFL since Heinicke took over in week 7. TDs are a crapshoot, but floor is pretty high.
19. Mike Williams (NR), expected to return this week or next, he's risky, but ceiling is very high, especially as Chargers defense seems to be non-existent.
20. Garrett Wilson (27), I said I'd move him up about 5 spots if White proved he was for real, and I saw enough to believe that. A little hesitant to move him higher though, as Jets were in chase mode for much of Sunday's game.
21. Mike Evans (19)
22. Keenan Allen (22)
23. Chris Godwin (20)
Tier 5:
24. Christian Watson (25)
25. Michael Pittman (24)
Tier 6:
26. DeVonta Smith (21), expecting recent predictable production to fall off upon Goedert's return in week 15.
27. JuJu Smith-Schuster (28)
Tier 7:
28. Gabriel Davis (30)
29. Deebo Samuel (17), only 1 top-30 week in last 4 games, and now lost his starting QB. Also has looked a lot less explosive than last year.
30. Brandon Aiyuk (31)
31. Allen Lazard (33)
32. Darius Slayton (34)
33. DJ Moore (32)
34. Josh Palmer (29)
35. Treylon Burks (39)
Tier 8:
36. Jakobi Meyers (26), banged up in recent weeks, and isn't in a good offense. Still clear #1 when healthy though.
37. Jerry Jeudy (35)
38. Adam Thielen (37)
39. Courtland Sutton (36)
40. Zay Jones (NR), didn't hit against the Lions, but he's established himself as the clear #2 in what is typically a pretty solid offense.

Dropped off: Rondale Moore (38), just missed the list, I want to see him do something with both Hopkins/Hollywood healthy. Parris Campbell (40), Alec Pierce is starting to be used again, and the honeymoon might be over for the Jeff Saturday era.

TE
Tier 1:
1. Travis Kelce (1)
Tier 2:
2. Mark Andrews (2)
3. Dalton Schultz (7), Gallup got the TDs last week, but Schultz is clear #2 pass catcher in Dallas, and saw season highs in snaps and air yards last week.
Tier 3:
4. Dallas Goedert (NR), due back in week 15, and could be a league winner at a thin position. Was TE4 when he went down.
5. TJ Hockenson (3)
6. George Kittle (4)
7. David Njoku (5)
8. Pat Freiermuth (6)
Tier 4:
9. Darren Waller (NR), can come off IR at any time, though this Thursday is probably wishful thinking. Still has more upside than anyone behind him, even if he wasn't tearing up pre-injury.
Tier 5:
10. Cole Kmet (9)
11. Gerald Everett (10)
12. Greg Dulcich (11)
13. Juwan Johnson (8), TD threat every week, but dangerous floor, and currently injured.
14. Hayden Hurst (12)
Tier 6:
15. Taysom Hill (13)

Dropped off: Daniel Bellinger (14), just missed. He returned to his pre-injury role, he just doesn;t have the ceiling of the guys ahead of him. Tyler Conklin (15), has lost some targets with Corey Davis back, and is splitting more with Uzomah of late.

Dropped off: Kirk Cousins (15), 1 top-12 game out of his last 4. Quietly is probably playing his worst football as a Viking, despite record.
This is not exactly true. He isn't making the backbreaking bad throw like he has every other year. It's the reason their record is as good as it is. Last year the Vikes were in these games and then he would throw a pick in the endzone or some other devastating turnover. While his stats (especially for fantasy) aren't as good as years past he is actually playing better NFL football which is a contributing reason whey the Vikes are where they are.

This is not exactly true. He isn't making the backbreaking bad throw like he has every other year. It's the reason their record is as good as it is. Last year the Vikes were in these games and then he would throw a pick in the endzone or some other devastating turnover. While his stats (especially for fantasy) aren't as good as years past he is actually playing better NFL football which is a contributing reason whey the Vikes are where they are.
I'd argue the Vikings record has more to do with their defense playing the best it has since 2019. I think the backbreaking bad throw thing is a bit of a myth, I think the problem last year was the defense would give up a lead in the last 2 minutes every week. I don't remember where I read it, but I recall someone charted it as statistically the worst defense in NFL history in the last 2 minutes of either half.

I'd argue the Vikings record has more to do with their defense playing the best it has since 2019. I think the backbreaking bad throw thing is a bit of a myth, I think the problem last year was the defense would give up a lead in the last 2 minutes every week. I don't remember where I read it, but I recall someone charted it as statistically the worst defense in NFL history in the last 2 minutes of either half.
I agree with the defense being a lot better in critical situation this year as a contributing factor for sure and that having a lot to do with their record. But coming from a Vikings fan perspective, Cousins hasn't had the debilitating/dumb turnovers this year as he has in the past. The past few years, every game he just has had a mind boggling bad throw/play that turned the tide in games that the team in general couldn't overcome. He hasn't been doing that this year.

Watson looked like he hasn't played football for two years against the worst defense in the NFL and he still stays on the list?

Killing me smalls.

Watson looked like he hasn't played football for two years against the worst defense in the NFL and he still stays on the list?

Killing me smalls.
I mean, I moved him down a tier, and to the bottom of that tier no less. I'm not out on Watson yet. I think he'll look better this week, perhaps much better. Sure, it's as tougher matchup on paper, but it's likely one that he'll have to chase in, and it won't have all the pressure of being the 1st game back, and being back in Houston, which I feel is a factor I (and really almost everyone) understated.

One positive I'll say is his legs looked fine. I wouldn't be shocked if they called more QB runs just to get him going a bit.

Killing me smalls.
I mean, I moved him down a tier, and to the bottom of that tier no less. I'm not out on Watson yet. I think he'll look better this week, perhaps much better. Sure, it's as tougher matchup on paper, but it's likely one that he'll have to chase in, and it won't have all the pressure of being the 1st game back, and being back in Houston, which I feel is a factor I (and really almost everyone) understated.

One positive I'll say is his legs looked fine. I wouldn't be shocked if they called more QB runs just to get him going a bit.
Watson is my bye week fill in for Fields and perhaps other tough matchups and perhaps not. Obviously, the verdict isn't out yet on Watson, we outta see steady improvement. I'm a lil concerned and may have to carry another QB like Brady or Jones for this week and neither get a solid matchup this week. And then there's Huntley.

You're way too low on Derek Carr if he's not even in the conversation. He's put up 250 and 2+ for five weeks straight.

Thanks for your efforts.

Jonathon Taylor in tier 2? Heck, he's almost droppable at this point. That offense with Ryan is horrid, and nobody respects the pass game. Stacked boxes all day long. I probably rather roster Bam Knight for the upside shot....

You're way too low on Derek Carr if he's not even in the conversation. He's put up 250 and 2+ for five weeks straight.
I only go 15 deep at QB, but Carr is in tier 5, I just think Jones and Huntley have more upside due to their rushing.

Thanks for your efforts.

Jonathon Taylor in tier 2? Heck, he's almost droppable at this point. That offense with Ryan is horrid, and nobody respects the pass game. Stacked boxes all day long. I probably rather roster Bam Knight for the upside shot....
Well, that's just silly. Taylor has been RB6 over the last month, this past week was his worst game during that stretch, and he still had over 100 yards. Almost droppable, sheesh.

Killing me smalls.

Watson is my bye week fill in for Fields and perhaps other tough matchups and perhaps not. Obviously, the verdict isn't out yet on Watson, we outta see steady improvement. I'm a lil concerned and may have to carry another QB like Brady or Jones for this week and neither get a solid matchup this week. And then there's Huntley.
Just an aside, in the league I have Fields, I was holding Watson as his backup when Fields got hurt. I had to make a move and dropped Watson for D.Jones, only for another team to drop Geno for Watson, leading to me dropping Jones for Geno. So essentially, we traded Watson for Geno, without a trade ever happening. Fantasy football is weird sometimes.

Killing me smalls.

Just an aside, in the league I have Fields, I was holding Watson as his backup when Fields got hurt. I had to make a move and dropped Watson for D.Jones, only for another team to drop Geno for Watson, leading to me dropping Jones for Geno. So essentially, we traded Watson for Geno, without a trade ever happening. Fantasy football is weird sometimes.

I have both, and am hoping to swap them back and forth over the next four weeks. I actually traded Fields for Geno Smith before last week's (week 12) game.

First of all thanks for the regular rankings threads. I greatly appreciate them both for the effort you put in and the discussion that ensues.

15. Alvin Kamara (15)
In my opinion this is too high for a very talented player whose team is mismanaged, doesn't know he's their best weapon, and has basically abandoned him.

Killing me smalls.

My whole QB shuffle from draft day to ending up with Fields (dropped Brady before Fields hit), and then eyed Watson for bye week 14. Then I picked up Brady and dropped him again for Z Jones. I need at least a 3rd WR and may have to start him over J Palmer if Williams is back lol. FF is weird. Now I am looking at D Jones with a tough matchup with PHI. I'm not sure I can go with Watson and not sure about Jones this week either, he just feels safer for 15-18. The 3 QB's available are Tannehill, Wilson (who I started this whole QB shuffle with), and Brady (who I plugged in before). It's a carousel lol.

Edit: I also had Cousins as a QB for a couple weeks early on too. Thought he would be a low end QB 1, but he has digressed. Like you said having one of his worst years now as a Viking.

Edit II: I started Watson over Fields last week and lost big time. From 2nd to 6th and now need a win to get in. The Fields prior injury and no Mooney hedged my decision. I'm not sure if I can risk starting Watson for a second straight week.

Last edited:
First of all thanks for the regular rankings threads. I greatly appreciate them both for the effort you put in and the discussion that ensues.

15. Alvin Kamara (15)
In my opinion this is too high for a very talented player whose team is mismanaged, doesn't know he's their best weapon, and has basically abandoned him.
Feeling a little more confident in it now that Ingram is out for the season. Why Ingram was used anywhere near as much as he was is a mystery. He's been washed for over 2 years.

Killing me smalls.

My whole QB shuffle from draft day to ending up with Fields (dropped Brady before Fields hit), and then eyed Watson for bye week 14. Then I picked up Brady and dropped him again for Z Jones. I need at least a 3rd WR and may have to start him over J Palmer if Williams is back lol. FF is weird. Now I am looking at D Jones with a tough matchup with PHI. I'm not sure I can go with Watson and not sure about Jones this week either, he just feels safer for 15-18. The 3 QB's available are Tannehill, Wilson (who I started this whole QB shuffle with), and Brady (who I plugged in before). It's a carousel lol.

Edit: I also had Cousins as a QB for a couple weeks early on too. Thought he would be a low end QB 1, but he has digressed. Like you said having one of his worst years now as a Viking.

Edit II: I started Watson over Fields last week and lost big time. From 2nd to 6th and now need a win to get in. The Fields prior injury and no Mooney hedged my decision. I'm not sure if I can risk starting Watson for a second straight week.
I would probably stick with Watson in your shoes, but I certainly can understand being uncomfortable with it.

Users who are viewing this thread